First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    From a perspective as a Psych student - behavior therapy is way better than pills (for BPD). Way way better. I dated a ENFP with BPD...it was bad..very bad.
    A series of deaths (best friend OD, grandparent's brain cancer) and first true heartbreak combined with not eating well and being broke brought on all kinds of BPD symptoms once. One episode damned me with that diagnosis. I had to learn to not identify myself with it. It didn't help psychiatrists involved were used to treating crack addicts/severe alcoholics and had zero to say about my emotional strife.

I too was a psych student.

I eventually re-learned confidence and being proud of who I am and how to turn my weaknesses into strengths. (I really did a number on the guy involved in the heartache and my social life at the same time. Eventually I had to see or interact with all these people again! Profound mortification couldn't even describe the aftermath...took months to recover from, but here I am!!)

The paranoid delusions and psychosis I experienced have actually been IMMENSELY useful in helping others through turbulent times or identifying stress in others.

I also was elated when years later the visions and symbols I was seeing that were driving me mad showed up concretely in my life in the form of people and opportunities. It was so confusing back then, I felt like I was supposed to die but didn't know why. Now life for me is unsinkable

my little sister-in-law was diagnosed BPD. They put her on antipshychotics and just gave up on her. She ended up living with her sister and at 26 has only lived alone for about six month when she tried to go to college. She has a stable job, but I feel like she kinda just got chunked in the nut bucket and discarded.

I was just telling someone else being an Ne-dom sucks. Ne is like a giant bell. If you wack it with a hammer, it just rings and gets all sorts of crazy. For me a good emo wack can take about a week to get over-not visions or anything, but just amplifying pain and confusion. I could see something like what you describe-a series of deaths really being horrific.

Do you think Ne may lead to some of the paranoia and visions you saw? BTW I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this issue as I know it is personal.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Lenore Thomson points out a somewhat different issue for INFP's, where by virtue of their [INFP's] goodwill other people see a "social opening" that is more than the INFP had bargained for.
    I relate to this and to the OP's observation as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

To me, the OP is just an attempt to "parent" with Fi (auxiliary archetype). I know that a bunch of INFJ's were greatly angered by this in an earlier thread a couple of months ago, which would be typical of an "opposing personality" clash (attitude-antagonistic functions) between the two types, but now I'm seeing NFP's annoyed as well.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Thank God this thread is turning around...I was reading some of the earlier replies thinking, "WTF???". Some of the replies were way more distastful than any possible interpretation of the OP, IMO. Geeze people!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    Thank God this thread is turning around...I was reading some of the earlier replies thinking, "WTF???". Some of the replies were way more distastful than any possible interpretation of the OP, IMO. Geeze people!
    Yeah...some people need to take a friggen chill pill.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Who wants to beat off ENFPs?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Who wants to beat off ENFPs?
    And with a stick, no less! Hands are just fine, people.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Yeah...some people need to take a friggen chill pill.
    I got loads, they're free for cats

"We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I guess the reason why the post strikes me as narcissistic...is because it is. As an ENFP, when I was a senior in high school, people I didn't know said "hi" to me in the hallway. When I was a little older, I was surprised by guys who I thought were my friends liking me more than I liked them, or even getting mad or hurt because I didn't return their crushes.

Then I grew up.

You know, you choose to lead people on like that to feed your own ego. I know, because I used to do it as a teenager. You say as you grow older you have less of a capacity for bullshit. Great! Then stop going around projecting your Fi onto people to fulfill your own need for attention.

I know exactly what the OP is talking about, and it's not something that "just happens" to ENFPs - it's something we cause and create, and as an ENFP gets older he or she needs to learn to become more responsible with manipulating others feelings instead of whining about their perceived popularity.

Don't want to be popular? Fine. Connect with people you don't have a special attachment to in a different manner. It is possible to care for people, to talk with strangers, to form less deep connections with more people WITHOUT having the "me show" effect on them, trust me. I used to work in a kind of sales where I was selling myself, and I will tell you it is a conscious behavior. You CAN get people to "leave you alone."

You've got to take responsibility for your own behavior and reserve those really intense connections with people you really want to be close to. If you get the occasional card or note in thanks, maybe try being thankful for it instead of bragging about it.

The idea of bragging about how people would be more attached to me than I to them at my age totally makes me cringe, even makes me ashamed to be associated with the ENFP stereotype. DO NOT WANT.