First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Well it wasn't meant that way, for the third time, it was a suggestion. I don't really care about tangents in topics usually, coz i do it myself. In this case though, it seemed like a good idea to split the two topics, one to allow relating and sharing of experience to go on and the other to addresss the concerns you've both expressed.
    I don't see how my post was a tangent at all. The comparison to attractiveness, etc, might've been, but I wasn't involved in that. I was sharing my experience too, actually, although maybe not the one you and others wanted to hear.

I'd appreciate if you stop throwing words as berating and condescending etc around. It would be nice not to have to get in a catfight over this stuff, not worth the energy.
    No one's getting into a catfight. I'm simply stating how those posts came across, and I'm not just talking about your posts. Do you not want to hear the reality of it? I'm an idealist too, but sometimes you need reality to smack you in the face. Some of your posts and others' post came across as condescending and belittling ("Take a chill pill," "Go elsewhere if it bothers you," etc). It seems many are only okay with others expressing their thoughts, if these align with their own views.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

And some of the posts you and Sim and some others made came across as judgemental and narrowminded to me, but that doesn't mean I won't try to understand your pov even I don't agree with it, or call you judgemental, belitteling and narrowminded, or for that matter even automatically assume that that's how you meant your post to sound.

It would just be nice if we could keep in mind the different ways of expression people have around here, and not read ill will into everything, is all.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And if everyone were to stop paying attention to them today, they would be hopeless.
    I would think that the above statement would apply to most people, no?!?

We are inherently social creatures.

Do I need sincere validation, and to validate others sincerely?

Yes.

Do I need to feel deeply connected to at least one person in this world/universe?

Yes.

Does this in any way make me a "whore" for attention?!

No.

I can't speak for all ENFPs, here, but at least with myself, I've been getting attention my whole life, and, sure I understand that receiving a lot of attention is probably better than receving none, but that is not the point I'm trying to make, which is...

I think most of us crave sincere and accurate attention.

We want to be seen for who we really are, not for what we look like or how we might seem.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It is your choice not to listen to them venting as you find it uncomfortable or annoying. But then you're better off just ignoring these threads, instead of coming in here and making people who are just venting feel guilty about daring to have feelings that they wanna vent, even if you disagree with what caused those feelings.
    Perhaps it's the hippie in me, but I agree with Amar, here, 100%.

A while back I started a thread about being/feeling significantly different than the norm, and then....

Suddenly and voraciously I was attacked by a buttload of members and mods telling me to get off my high horse, in other words, people were kicking me while I was terribly down.

The point of the thread was this: I was feeling so terribly alienated and depressed in my then social surroundings, I was looking for constructive advice, as well as validation in the form of, "hey, I can relate..."

People's feelings are valid, though their beliefs and actions might not be.

But if someone is sad, frustrated, angry, annoyed, etc., hear the mothafucka out!

Let them vent for as long as you and they are willing.

kk,

peace out.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

And some of the posts you and Sim and some others made came across as judgemental and narrowminded to me, but that doesn't mean I won't try to understand your pov even I don't agree with it, or call you judgemental, belitteling and narrowminded, or for that matter even automatically assume that that's how you meant your post to sound.
    Plenty here said that, in so many words, even if you didn't. My post was not directed only to you.

It would just be nice if we could keep in mind the different ways of expression people have around here, and not read ill will into everything, is all.
    Take your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    We're not all as dependent on it to the same extent.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

As you saw, mine wasn't directed at you alone either. It's just a general request to perhaps keep this in mind and see the other person's pov. And, I am taking my own advice. Otherwise I'dve taken it personally and gotten defensive by now.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^You're clearly not, or else you wouldn't have read my original statement the way you did. And, if you are in fact not directing comments towards me, you are free to leave my name out of it.

But, sure, you can have the last word.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Why do enfp threads always end up with other types all hot and bothered, arguing tooth and nail about something?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^Maybe because the ENFPs think they have carte blanche to do whatever and say whatever, and others do not have this privilege?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly how ENFPs are.