User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

just as a thought experiment, what if you never find your passion ? Going through life from now until death just trying to find that passion.

And what if you find more than one passion? How will you choose between them?

I've been looking into happiness and philosophy for a while now trying to find that "meaning of life". I came across many great answers from existential philosophy. And yes, you are going through you 'quarter century' crisis where you sit and ask yourself "is this all that there is?"

The innate nature of a passion is that it's a process. It's not if you do this, then you'll be happy kinda thing. You have to find something that you enjoy doing. Like arts and crafts or working on research or whatever. You have to like to doing of it and that you will always like the doing of it. This is passion: it's the process, not the goal.

The meaning of life is what you make of it. It's whatever meaning you apply to your life. Taking in account for all your strengths and faults that only you know. Knowing that your type may help speed things up.

Just find something where you can say "I don't mind doing this everyday for the rest of my life" That is probably your passion, however anticlimactic it may be.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

indecisive infjs lol
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

This is why I'm such a flake. I'm still in my first career, which is being a full-time mom, but I know it's coming to its end pretty soon. I'll be forty this year and I don't know what I'm going to end up doing. Sometimes I worry about it, but the good thing about things 'clicking' is that I also believe that when the time comes I will 'know' what I am supposed to do.

Now that may not happen, but at this point, I feel I've found enough passions outside of a career that if I end up just doing something that I don't hate and that pays enough money to keep me from being a Walmart cart lady when I'm elderly, I think I'll be content.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    This is why I'm such a flake. I'm still in my first career, which is being a full-time mom, but I know it's coming to its end pretty soon. I'll be forty this year and I don't know what I'm going to end up doing. Sometimes I worry about it, but the good thing about things 'clicking' is that I also believe that when the time comes I will 'know' what I am supposed to do.

Now that may not happen, but at this point, I feel I've found enough passions outside of a career that if I end up just doing something that I don't hate and that pays enough money to keep me from being a Walmart cart lady when I'm elderly, I think I'll be content.
    I am convinced that the key to a good job is moving to large city and job hopping till you acquire enough experience. Large cities have larger economies, larger networks and this means more opportunity. There's a reason people move to NYC or LA.

An advanced degree can help sometimes, but it's not necessary. For some things it is.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I am convinced that the key to a good job is moving to large city and job hopping till you acquire enough experience. Large cities have larger economies, larger networks and this means more opportunity. There's a reason people move to NYC or LA.

An advanced degree can help sometimes, but it's not necessary. For some things it is.
    This is true. I'm really glad that we're already modestly but comfortably set up where we are. I'd rather take a beating than live in NYC or LA.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Tho still a mystery, they cant decide on what to do with their lives but when I ask for a threesome they leave me and never call again
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]