• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] 50 Famous ENFPs

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
:huh: ORLY? Did this Jesus-bloke have a Silly Switch <tm>?
(Yeah, thought not...)

Btw, it's not really the ENFP's who's got a martyr-complex. Martyr-dom looks more like an Fe thing because it involves rallying spectators in order for it to work as intended. An ESFJ gone bad, perhaps? :coffee:

Joking :)

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Okay, I'll give it a go from intuitive gut feelings, illegitimate associations and scattered bits of odd information (yeah I'm ENFP :doh:):

Non-fictional:

David Hume (Enlightenment philosopher)

Sylvia Plath (Poet)

Umberto Eco (Semiotician, novelist)

Why do you think ENFP for these three?

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Why do you think ENFP for these three?

Small things. New info could convince me otherwise.

But these were my thoughts:
David Hume was very humanistic and freespirited in his philosophy. He had little patience with superstition / religion and tradition, and was rather 'wild', humoristic and 'live-and-let-live' in outlook. (NF)
He wrote his best things very young and in a frenzy of creativity, but was hardly a steady workhorse. (P)
He was an independent spirit, and didn't depend on nepotism, power alliances or career-strategics (like Leibniz probably did). He was neither a sect-builder nor a ass-licking follower, nor an attention whore. (Introverted Feeling)
He was known as very social and extraverted in a kind, free and optimistc way. (E)
He was humble and self-critical, but also charming and had always enjoyed the company of 'the fair sex' seemingly as equals and friends in spirited conversation. Still, he never married, which could be interpreted as waiting for the right one who never came along = authenticity (NF), not convention (SJ), calculation (NT) or coincidence (SP). (Sorry... :cheese: Don't take my bias serious, pls, I'm just being bratty today!)

Sylvia Plath: Apparently she was extraverted, independent and spontaneous as a young US writer in the UK (EP). Idealistic about her art and about love (NF). 'Sacrificed' herself for her relationship (Fi) and had very unstable periods of creativity, and self-esteem (P), tragically ending in suicide.

Umberto Eco: Obviously extraverted. Obviously Intuitive. Obviously procastinating. :yes:
Obviously Ne dominant with a 1000 interests and a 1000 odd connections between them, thus ENP.
Language, aesthetics, social activism and public championing humanism points to NF.
But he could be ENTP too with his sciency sides and general shamelessness. :devil:

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Barack Obama & Ronald Reagan= ENFJ

I think Barack Obama is ENFP because of the way he is handling health care. Let me explain...

He is pushing forward putting his entire legacy up to this point by doing so. What he is doing is POLITICALLY RISKY and NOT SAFE AT ALL. He could have just sit back with high approval ratings, chilled in his sofa in front of the fireplace, and said he is reponsible for the economic recovery, and just played it safe. In a calculated manner, taken the very LOW RISK HIGH REWARD route that is in the political playbook of Washington DC.

But NOOO, he has to do what he thinks is right, regardless of the political risks, even though he CLEARLY has a safer more calculated option to lie low and claim credit for the economy not sliding worse, and blame everything on Bush (standard practice to blame the previouis president for every new problem right?). I think this is more an ENFP characteristic to put it all on the line for a health care bill. Even though it was completely unnecessary to do so. To him, it seems like it is fundamentally wrong to just sit back and reap the rewards of averting the US economy from the brink of ultra disaster. He has to do more, something even bigger and riskier to his own legacy, JUST because he thinks its the right thing to do. Cus I can tell you, its not the politically smart thing to do. I think of all the types, an ENFP is most likely to make such a "foolish" choice, for the sole reason of "its the right thing to do" even though he by all means assured himself of high ratings already. But you know what, I bet thats why a lot of poeple voted for the guy...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I'll give it a go from intuitive gut feelings, illegitimate associations and scattered bits of odd information (yeah I'm ENFP :doh:):

Non-fictional:
Euripides (Author of tragedies in Ancient Greece)
Michel de Montaigne (Renaissance statesman and philosopher)
Kristina Augusta (Queen of Sweden, 1626-1689)
David Hume (Enlightenment philosopher)
Charles Dickens (Journalist, author, social activist)
Emma Goldman (Anarchist, feminist activist)
Agatha Christie (Author)
Eleanor Roosevelt (American first Lady, political activist)
Sylvia Plath (Poet)
John Lennon (Musician)
Umberto Eco (Semiotician, novelist)

Fictional:
Beatrice (Character in play by Shakespeare: "Much Ado About Nothing")
Werther (Protagonist in J.W. von Goethe: "The Sorrows of Young Werther")
Elizabeth Bennet (Protagonist in Jane Austen: "Pride and Prejudice")
Emma Bovary (Protagonist of Flaubert: "Madame Bovary")
Sean Maguire (Will's therapist, played by Robin Williams, in the movie "Good Will Hunting")

i disagree on these typings:
montaigne entp
lennon xntp
eco intp
plath infj
hume entp
eleanor infj

i also see werther as an infj, although i see charlotta as an enfp. and albert as an istp. that story makes me sad. werther's descriptions of charlotta's ability to lighten the mood, sparkle, and find other people with such gentleness feel quite enfp to me. his eventual implosion, and his super drippy Fe language, and his Ni re-framings when he talks to albert seem infj all the way. he seems addicted to her Fi and the warmth she brings to everything she touches. plus an enfp male is not reading ossian poems as a way of bringing to light his truest feelings that he cannot express. that's infj.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Werther could be IXFP. I don't get a strong N or S vibe, just a reclusive poet vibe. That story is so obnoxious, but the music (Massenet's opera) kicks booty. It made me weep for the little punk.

I think Barack Obama is ENFP because of the way he is handling health care. Let me explain...

My god, nomadic. The economy hasn't recovered. Nothing you wrote is exclusive to ENFPs. You're making assumptions all over the place as to why he's pursuing health care reform which makes the argument weak because it's based purely on speculation.

Obama is, above all, methodical and systematic (you can see it in the way he ran his campaign and the way he's running the country). He was a community organizer before he was a politician. While anyone can be organized when called for, it is highly unusual for an ENFP to pull that off so consistently and for so long. I could see him being NF from reading Dreams From My Father, and certainly xF from the way he handles people (that could be learned, though). Overall ENFJ seems to fit better than ENFP.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't think Sylvia Plath was ENFP. I strongly think of her as an introvert, perhaps INFX. There is nothing about her writing, including her personal journals/entries that makes me think of her as a outgoing/upbeat/energetic/cheerful person. I would describe her personality more as 'melancholic', intense, and well, her life to me seems to follow more an INFP track. Perhaps INFJ.

The only clear ENFPs I see irl in fiction or otherwise:

Ani DiFranco (singer/songwriter, producer, activist)
Clementine (from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)

I also shuddered when people gave these fictional ENFP examples:

Michael Scott (US 'The Office')
Bobby Hill ('King of the Hill')

^^They are ridiculous cringeworthy characters but after thinking about it I have to grudgingly agree. :p Though I think Bobby could also be ESFP...

I think Will Smith's character on "The Fresh Prince" was EXFP-ish. Sandra Bullock is often listed as ENFP but I don't see it. On some ENFP sites it seems like everyone and their grandma is listed as ENFP and I dun get it. :huh:

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Werther could be IXFP. I don't get a strong N or S vibe, just a reclusive poet vibe. That story is so obnoxious, but the music (Massenet's opera) kicks booty. It made me weep for the little punk.

My god, nomadic. The economy hasn't recovered. Nothing you wrote is exclusive to ENFPs. You're making assumptions all over the place as to why he's pursuing health care reform which makes the argument weak because it's based purely on speculation.

Obama is, above all, methodical and systematic (you can see it in the way he ran his campaign and the way he's running the country). He was a community organizer before he was a politician. While anyone can be organized when called for, it is highly unusual for an ENFP to pull that off so consistently and for so long. I could see him being NF from reading Dreams From My Father, and certainly xF from the way he handles people (that could be learned, though). Overall ENFJ seems to fit better than ENFP.

Come on man. Campaign managers run a pretty tight ship. I think obviously he would surround himself with sj and nt types to help him out in many respects. his appointments for one, reaching across party lines, its really the big picture aspects he has control over. a lot of what you just said is reflective of campaign managers or white house staff.

a lot of people have this image of this " Alicia Silverstone from Clueless" image of ENFP as a cookier cutter image. I mean, my place is pretty clean, not necessarily cus I clean all day, but because I have an arrangement with my roommate to hire a maid if our place gets dirty. So overall, it looks clean, but thats what the arrangement made ahead of time ensures. not necessarily cus the maid will clean it up, but we know if our place is dirty, we have to pay extra for a maid too. So we make an effort to keep it clearn more. And yes, I actually planned for it to be that way. *shock*

And while the economy has not recovered, it has staved off economic pandemonium enough so that he could coast his 50% approval rating for another year or two without taking more political risks. I just can't imagine an enfj kind of "throwing it all away" just for an ideal about health care. This health care bill is seriously a huge unnecessary risk especially given his already satisfactory ratings. Its a very foolish thing to do. I mean, a lot of poeple will have forgiven him for forgetting about the health care pledge at this point. This is such an unnecessary risk to "put it all on the line".

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The actress Kat Dennings is one for sure. Just check out her YouTube page.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
i disagree on these typings:
montaigne entp
lennon xntp
eco intp
plath infj
hume entp
eleanor infj

i also see werther as an infj, although i see charlotta as an enfp. and albert as an istp. that story makes me sad. werther's descriptions of charlotta's ability to lighten the mood, sparkle, and find other people with such gentleness feel quite enfp to me. his eventual implosion, and his super drippy Fe language, and his Ni re-framings when he talks to albert seem infj all the way. he seems addicted to her Fi and the warmth she brings to everything she touches. plus an enfp male is not reading ossian poems as a way of bringing to light his truest feelings that he cannot express. that's infj.

Hm, interesting.
Concerning your first corrections: what makes you see these six as Thinkers and / or Introverts?
All of them reported themselves / were reported to be social, active, open, enthusiastic, jack-of-all-trades, thus extraverted percievers (i.e. extraverted when feeling healthy and happy, while their introversion only came as they grew suicidal. Genuine introverts aren't suicidal, they happily prefer introversion.)
All of them were known as rather warm and friendly to be with too, making social contact easily, but always with some idealistic, not egotistic goal in mind. Reports of ideal love, close friendships, warm rapports, sensitivity and compassion. In their public life they work for compromises, negotiations, peace, freedom, fairness and cooperation: idealistic NF-goals bringing people together, rather than striving to achieve, conform or command. Their extraversion and immediate trust- and connection-building talents seem not to be competitive (xNTx) nor aloof (INxJ).

Still spells ENFP to me.

Re the young Werther and the other characters in the book:
Charlotta is a well-liked and well-behaved, socially aware young Feeler, but definitely more S than N. Very grounded, this is one of the things that attracts Werther. Her calm and stability soothes him, while he is jumping from idea to idea and suffers from his overactive imagination of either bliss or gloom and the swinging between ups and downs of his mood. She is very conscious about the needs of her family and her fiance and her obligation to fulfill them regardless of her own needs = xSFJ. Guess slightly extraverted.
Albert is the most obvious SJ I read about. I suppose Introverted because he shows little competive take-chargeness relating to Werther. He has no imagination, rebellioness or intuitive visions whatsoever. ISxJ, most likely a sturdy, well meaning, duty fulfilling, traditional ISTJ.

As for Werther himself:

Caveat: I've read the German book in Danish translation and now I'll attempt to translate a few quotes in my homemade English :cheese:.

They're from the first part of the book, introducing to us the social butterfly and inner judge of untamed Ne and awakening Fi in the young ENFP:

"May 4: Poor Leonore! And yet I was innocent. Could I help that a passion grew in her poor heart, all the while the coy graces of her sister gave me a pleasant entertainment? Still - am I completely innocent? Didn't I feed into her feelings?"
(Ooh, I have to beat them away with a stick! I dunno why??? :whistling:)

"May 13: Sure, I know that we are not all equals and neither can we be; but I am all the same of the opinion that those who believe it is necessay to keep the socalled mob at arms length, is just as reproachable as the coward who is hiding from his enemy because he is afraid to be the lesser of the two."
(Egalitarian, makes idiosyncratic rules of interactions)

"May 17. I've made a lot of aquaintances, but company I have yet to find. I do not know what it is about me that attracts other people so much; there are so many that likes me and grows attached to me and it makes me sad when our roads must part after a short while."
(Extraverted, wanting a soulmate)

"August 12. "No matter what you talk about", I said [to Albert], "you keep saying: That is stupid, this is wise, that is good, this is bad! And what do these words mean? You have hardly examined the background for an action. Do you know with certainty the reasons for this or that to happen? If you had made an effort to examine it, it is unlikely you would be so quick in your judgments!"
(Now the ultra-Perciever has about had it with this ultra-Judger.)

= ENFP :hi:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Non Fictionals
Leo Trtoski
Hugo Chavez
Yasser Arafat
Che Gueverra
Bob Marley
Zack de la Rocha
John Lyndon
Patti Smith
Edith Piaf
Lady Gaga
Miley Cyrus
Gwen Stefani
Franz Joseph Haydn
Charles Dickens
Mark Twain
Louis Aragon
Audrey Tautou (French actress, known for playing Am�lie Poulain)
Marion Cotillard (French actress, known for playing Edith Piaf in La Vie En Rose)
Brittany Murphy
Coluche (French humorist)
Robin Williams
Ewan Mcgregor
Will Smith
Chris Rock
Bill Cosby

Fictionals
Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars)
Jar-Jar Binks (Star Wars)
Drusilla (BTVS)
Arwen (LOTR)
Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)
Lara (Dr Zhivago)
Cher (Clueless)
Luffy (One Piece)
Chef (South Park)
Harley Quinn (DC Universe)
JD (Scrubs)
Tom Sawyer
Simbad
Pinky (Pinky & Brain)
J (Men in Black)
Bagger Vance (The Legend of Bagger Vance)
Satine (Moulin Rouge)
Clementine (Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind)
Samantha (Garden State)
Dr Hibbert (The Simpsons)
Dr Ross (Emergency Room)
Pandora (Skins)
Wall-E
Ariel (Ariel The Little Meramid)
Simba (The lion King)
Leon Trotsky- ENFJ
Che- ENTP
Anakin Skywalker - ISFP (major WTF moment here. Anakin is downright unsociable, and his skills are entirely physical -- he's a genius mechanic, an ace pilot and a swordsman worth an entire army).
Pinky- ESFP
J- ESTP

And because there aren't enough badass ENFPs in that list :2ar15: I give you...

Mello (Death Note)
Ninth Doctor (Doctor Who)
Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
Second Doctor (Doctor Who)
Pip Bernadotte (Hellsing)
Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
We really do need more bad ass ENFPs. Jar Jar Binks really ruined the ratio for me.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jar Jar Binks is ESFP. Speed Gavroche really needs to brush up on his typology skills. Klutz does not equal N, anymore than idiot equals S.

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Reese Witherspoon
Audrey Tatou
Eleanor Roosevelt
Meg Ryan
Keri Russel
Alicia Silverstone
Regina Spektor