User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: 50 Famous ENFPs

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Brain View Post
    ORLY? Did this Jesus-bloke have a Silly Switch <tm>?
    (Yeah, thought not...)

Btw, it's not really the ENFP's who's got a martyr-complex. Martyr-dom looks more like an Fe thing because it involves rallying spectators in order for it to work as intended. An ESFJ gone bad, perhaps?
    Joking

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    Joking
    Me too

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Okay, I'll give it a go from intuitive gut feelings, illegitimate associations and scattered bits of odd information (yeah I'm ENFP ):

Non-fictional:

David Hume (Enlightenment philosopher)

Sylvia Plath (Poet)

Umberto Eco (Semiotician, novelist)
    Why do you think ENFP for these three?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Jesus was a really mature ENFJINFPINFJENFPENTJENTPINTJINTPESFJESFPISFJISFPESTJES TPISTJISTP
    some people say Jesus was black.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    Why do you think ENFP for these three?
    Small things. New info could convince me otherwise.

But these were my thoughts:
    David Hume was very humanistic and freespirited in his philosophy. He had little patience with superstition / religion and tradition, and was rather 'wild', humoristic and 'live-and-let-live' in outlook. (NF)
    He wrote his best things very young and in a frenzy of creativity, but was hardly a steady workhorse. (P)
    He was an independent spirit, and didn't depend on nepotism, power alliances or career-strategics (like Leibniz probably did). He was neither a sect-builder nor a ass-licking follower, nor an attention whore. (Introverted Feeling)
    He was known as very social and extraverted in a kind, free and optimistc way. (E)
    He was humble and self-critical, but also charming and had always enjoyed the company of 'the fair sex' seemingly as equals and friends in spirited conversation. Still, he never married, which could be interpreted as waiting for the right one who never came along = authenticity (NF), not convention (SJ), calculation (NT) or coincidence (SP). (Sorry... Don't take my bias serious, pls, I'm just being bratty today!)

Sylvia Plath: Apparently she was extraverted, independent and spontaneous as a young US writer in the UK (EP). Idealistic about her art and about love (NF). 'Sacrificed' herself for her relationship (Fi) and had very unstable periods of creativity, and self-esteem (P), tragically ending in suicide.

Umberto Eco: Obviously extraverted. Obviously Intuitive. Obviously procastinating.
    Obviously Ne dominant with a 1000 interests and a 1000 odd connections between them, thus ENP.
    Language, aesthetics, social activism and public championing humanism points to NF.
    But he could be ENTP too with his sciency sides and general shamelessness.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Barack Obama & Ronald Reagan= ENFJ
    I think Barack Obama is ENFP because of the way he is handling health care. Let me explain...

He is pushing forward putting his entire legacy up to this point by doing so. What he is doing is POLITICALLY RISKY and NOT SAFE AT ALL. He could have just sit back with high approval ratings, chilled in his sofa in front of the fireplace, and said he is reponsible for the economic recovery, and just played it safe. In a calculated manner, taken the very LOW RISK HIGH REWARD route that is in the political playbook of Washington DC.

But NOOO, he has to do what he thinks is right, regardless of the political risks, even though he CLEARLY has a safer more calculated option to lie low and claim credit for the economy not sliding worse, and blame everything on Bush (standard practice to blame the previouis president for every new problem right?). I think this is more an ENFP characteristic to put it all on the line for a health care bill. Even though it was completely unnecessary to do so. To him, it seems like it is fundamentally wrong to just sit back and reap the rewards of averting the US economy from the brink of ultra disaster. He has to do more, something even bigger and riskier to his own legacy, JUST because he thinks its the right thing to do. Cus I can tell you, its not the politically smart thing to do. I think of all the types, an ENFP is most likely to make such a "foolish" choice, for the sole reason of "its the right thing to do" even though he by all means assured himself of high ratings already. But you know what, I bet thats why a lot of poeple voted for the guy...

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Okay, I'll give it a go from intuitive gut feelings, illegitimate associations and scattered bits of odd information (yeah I'm ENFP ):

Non-fictional:
    Euripides (Author of tragedies in Ancient Greece)
    Michel de Montaigne (Renaissance statesman and philosopher)
    Kristina Augusta (Queen of Sweden, 1626-1689)
    David Hume (Enlightenment philosopher)
    Charles Dickens (Journalist, author, social activist)
    Emma Goldman (Anarchist, feminist activist)
    Agatha Christie (Author)
    Eleanor Roosevelt (American first Lady, political activist)
    Sylvia Plath (Poet)
    John Lennon (Musician)
    Umberto Eco (Semiotician, novelist)

Fictional:
    Beatrice (Character in play by Shakespeare: "Much Ado About Nothing")
    Werther (Protagonist in J.W. von Goethe: "The Sorrows of Young Werther")
    Elizabeth Bennet (Protagonist in Jane Austen: "Pride and Prejudice")
    Emma Bovary (Protagonist of Flaubert: "Madame Bovary")
    Sean Maguire (Will's therapist, played by Robin Williams, in the movie "Good Will Hunting")
    i disagree on these typings:
    montaigne entp
    lennon xntp
    eco intp
    plath infj
    hume entp
    eleanor infj

i also see werther as an infj, although i see charlotta as an enfp. and albert as an istp. that story makes me sad. werther's descriptions of charlotta's ability to lighten the mood, sparkle, and find other people with such gentleness feel quite enfp to me. his eventual implosion, and his super drippy Fe language, and his Ni re-framings when he talks to albert seem infj all the way. he seems addicted to her Fi and the warmth she brings to everything she touches. plus an enfp male is not reading ossian poems as a way of bringing to light his truest feelings that he cannot express. that's infj.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Werther could be IXFP. I don't get a strong N or S vibe, just a reclusive poet vibe. That story is so obnoxious, but the music (Massenet's opera) kicks booty. It made me weep for the little punk.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    I think Barack Obama is ENFP because of the way he is handling health care. Let me explain...
    My god, nomadic. The economy hasn't recovered. Nothing you wrote is exclusive to ENFPs. You're making assumptions all over the place as to why he's pursuing health care reform which makes the argument weak because it's based purely on speculation.

Obama is, above all, methodical and systematic (you can see it in the way he ran his campaign and the way he's running the country). He was a community organizer before he was a politician. While anyone can be organized when called for, it is highly unusual for an ENFP to pull that off so consistently and for so long. I could see him being NF from reading Dreams From My Father, and certainly xF from the way he handles people (that could be learned, though). Overall ENFJ seems to fit better than ENFP.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    GONE

I don't think Sylvia Plath was ENFP. I strongly think of her as an introvert, perhaps INFX. There is nothing about her writing, including her personal journals/entries that makes me think of her as a outgoing/upbeat/energetic/cheerful person. I would describe her personality more as 'melancholic', intense, and well, her life to me seems to follow more an INFP track. Perhaps INFJ.

The only clear ENFPs I see irl in fiction or otherwise:

Ani DiFranco (singer/songwriter, producer, activist)
    Clementine (from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)

I also shuddered when people gave these fictional ENFP examples:

Michael Scott (US 'The Office')
    Bobby Hill ('King of the Hill')

^^They are ridiculous cringeworthy characters but after thinking about it I have to grudgingly agree. :P Though I think Bobby could also be ESFP...

I think Will Smith's character on "The Fresh Prince" was EXFP-ish. Sandra Bullock is often listed as ENFP but I don't see it. On some ENFP sites it seems like everyone and their grandma is listed as ENFP and I dun get it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Werther could be IXFP. I don't get a strong N or S vibe, just a reclusive poet vibe. That story is so obnoxious, but the music (Massenet's opera) kicks booty. It made me weep for the little punk.

My god, nomadic. The economy hasn't recovered. Nothing you wrote is exclusive to ENFPs. You're making assumptions all over the place as to why he's pursuing health care reform which makes the argument weak because it's based purely on speculation.

Obama is, above all, methodical and systematic (you can see it in the way he ran his campaign and the way he's running the country). He was a community organizer before he was a politician. While anyone can be organized when called for, it is highly unusual for an ENFP to pull that off so consistently and for so long. I could see him being NF from reading Dreams From My Father, and certainly xF from the way he handles people (that could be learned, though). Overall ENFJ seems to fit better than ENFP.
    Come on man. Campaign managers run a pretty tight ship. I think obviously he would surround himself with sj and nt types to help him out in many respects. his appointments for one, reaching across party lines, its really the big picture aspects he has control over. a lot of what you just said is reflective of campaign managers or white house staff.

a lot of people have this image of this " Alicia Silverstone from Clueless" image of ENFP as a cookier cutter image. I mean, my place is pretty clean, not necessarily cus I clean all day, but because I have an arrangement with my roommate to hire a maid if our place gets dirty. So overall, it looks clean, but thats what the arrangement made ahead of time ensures. not necessarily cus the maid will clean it up, but we know if our place is dirty, we have to pay extra for a maid too. So we make an effort to keep it clearn more. And yes, I actually planned for it to be that way. *shock*

And while the economy has not recovered, it has staved off economic pandemonium enough so that he could coast his 50% approval rating for another year or two without taking more political risks. I just can't imagine an enfj kind of "throwing it all away" just for an ideal about health care. This health care bill is seriously a huge unnecessary risk especially given his already satisfactory ratings. Its a very foolish thing to do. I mean, a lot of poeple will have forgiven him for forgetting about the health care pledge at this point. This is such an unnecessary risk to "put it all on the line".