• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: Ne Reading into things

sculpting

ENFPs are fairly well known for observing a situation, making Ne connections, then making the worst possible assumptions about a situation.

Why do we assume the worst? What flaws allow this to happen?

Why do we read into the situation? What advantages does this give us?

What is your accuracy rate-ie how often are the things you "read" accurate? Can you quantify your Ne accuracy rate?

Does it differ depending upon if the topic is logical or emotive in nature?

Do you find you can read certain situations people-ie Fi users-better than other situations/people-ie Ti users?

How does the ability to Ne connect help/hinder you in day to day life?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have no idea. I can't consciously define/explain Ne in a clear cut manner yet. it's just the way I've always been/thought. enlighten me someone!

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have one known ENFP friend..

And I can say this.. she doesn't have a clue. she thinks she has people all figured out .. especially the Introverts in her life.. and 98% of the time she is dead wrong.
Then she gets butt hurt and defensive when you explain how off she is/was..

Knowing only one ENFP does not qualify me to answer beyond that.. is this behavior common for ENFPs??
I would have considered something romantic with her if I didn't think this would have been a major problem..But seriously it drive me nuts :doh:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

And I can say this.. she doesn't have a clue. she thinks she has people all figured out .. especially the Introverts in her life.. and 98% of the time she is dead wrong.

Knowing only one ENFP does not qualify me to answer beyond that.. is this behavior common for ENFPs??
I would have considered something romantic with her if I didn't think this would have been a major problem..But seriously it drive me nuts :doh:

Explain her other traits. I'm interested.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Explain her other traits. I'm interested.

In the case of what's in bold.

She will wrongly predict your reaction to something and react to your predicted reaction before you have reacted.. :/ LOL.

She will say things like.. " So and so did this or behaved like that, and you remind me of so and so , therefore your motivations must be like so and so's.

She will say things like.. "Only a sensor would have enough common sense to put on blanket on someone who fell asleep on the couch".:shock:
Or that "if you have fresh fruit in the house, you are a sensor".:huh:
In other words she fancies herself as queen of typing others, and will disregard anybody else's opinion on the subject.
And nobody can say anything about her to her if it doesn't fit with her own perception of herself. She knows me better than I know me apparently but cannot fathom that others might have some insight into her as well.

She also thinks anybody and everybody who pays any attention to her.. "wants" her .. and also thinks she knows who everybody else is hot for as well..

You get the picture.. no? :newwink:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She will wrongly predict your reaction to something and react to your predicted reaction before you have reacted.. :/ LOL.

oh shit...i've been known to do that too...it's an awful thing yeah :cry:

the other stuff is just nutso.

and noigmn....esfp?? wth yo?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

I've been known to do it as well.. :doh:
But not everytime..

I have considered that she is an ESFP.. it helps that she is a performance artist (dance and acting) when considering that.

But then again Ne is the most confusing of all the functions to me and I have no idea how it works. So maybe she really is just misunderstood :confused:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

i just did that earlier today, much like many other times i have (i think it a lot, but try to curb saying it out loud). they became frustrated saying i was wrong, all wrong, and i'd know that if i let them finish. i humbly apologized, and asked them, pray continue...

and, they totally changed the subject. uh huh, 'cause i was right, that's why.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'll address a portion of the topic:

We certainly like to analyze stuff... I think our accuracy is directly proportional to how much information we take in. Unfortunately, we don't need a threshold amt. of knowledge before applying judgment. So, Fi makes a bulls#!t judgment based on god-knows-what and feeds it to Ne, who searches for cues to affirm it, resulting in confirmation bias.

When we have enough Ne input, however, we're far more likely to arrive at a conclusion that is not only accurate, but insightful.

The end.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

This is a case in point. She sucks at judging introverts because they typically give off fewer cues. She may have a "feel" for them, but she doesn't have enough input to make a judgment.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ :yes:

That's why stalling judgement and doing a proper intake of information is so vital. Our reading capabilities are directly linked to it. A hunch is good, but it's vague and needs additional info to back it up, to provide context.

Especially when you're young still, I've found that you lear nthat you can read people, but you have no clue how it works. So..you do an intake without realizing it, it comes natural to us (Ne), then find out that your hunhc was dead on...

Now, when you try to force the process, you recognize the hunch-feeling and automatically assume it's correct..coz that's the thing you noticed last time too...only this time you didn't take the time to do an intake = dead wrong.

Takes a while to figure out what's missing, and how to fix it ;)