• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] relationship problem...

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
to be in one or not to be in one...with an istp. i have been thinking and thinking about this for weeks and i am 50/50. some moments i'm all like YES, let's do this! live my life and be happy! and other moments I'm all like this makes no sense whatsoever and have no chance of succeeding

reasons for it being an extremely illogical choice: (if I am intj, i would be done with this very quickly)

- we will be geographically separate from each other for most of the year, say 80% of the year

- the age difference is huge, i am still in college and he is in his late twenties, though he acts like a young twenty :newwink:

- we are not the most compatible when it comes to interests...though we enjoy spending time together and have topics to talk about and we feel very natural toward each other, never any awkward-ness or shyness

- sometimes we are just not on the same page and can't connect the way I did with an NT intellectually, not to say that he is not smart, he is, very much so. he doesn't understand me well and can't foresee my reactions.

- i am a planner (where are we going, physically and mentally) and he likes to be extremely spontaneous

- i feel...i Know that all the perks of a relationship cannot be done over the phone, i don't like phones, he doesn't like phones, it's just not a work-able idea

why i would say yes:
- he apparently likes me a whole lot and is willing to work this out
- and i quite like him too
- and i always try to live and experience life, that's better than being cautious and plotting every single future moment
- and it may be about time i give something a chance and be hopeful :shock: and trust someone :shock:

If we were in the same town and if I didn't have this big problem that I think I should tackle on my own (health related), I would definitely give it a chance. But that'd be an ideal situation and oh dear, life is not all simple and pretty.

I am stuck between reason and emotion. I can't listen to either. Maybe I can listen to one of you. Anyone? Hmm? :cry:

am_i_evil666

I say try it. Forget of all the reasons not to. If it works, great! If not...at least you won't regret not trying it.
I know it's easier to say it than to do it, but think, what do you have to lose?

You have stated all the reasons it might not work out, but maybe you should weigh what you have to lose or to win trying. If you really want a rational approach.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ooo...just saw this one after I launched mine. :)

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, whatever.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would have a hard time with a long-distance relationship but I've seen others make them work.