• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP: The ENFP bitchslap

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Also, Happy, I hope I'm not prying to deep into your personal psychology and what not; you are an interesting case study, though.

:hug:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, an interesting question that arises from your personal mixture of type preferences is: are you an ENFP who actually prefers T over F? And if so, what does that make you?

I think that's the entire issue at hand: is an ENFP with a somewhat defunct (no offense, honestly) F function really an ENFP at all? If she has more of a preference for T than F, doesn't that, by definition, mean she's really an ENTP?

Or does she fall somewhere in between, like an MBTI form of a hemaphrodite?

I don't know; but it's an interesting question...

That's part of the problem with MBTI, where it is easy to lose track of what "preference" means. It's possible she's most comfortable with NeFi, but dealing with the workaday world successfully has made her skilled with Te.

Add in the fact that an online forum is very amenable to Te (all the ideas are things written down for everyone to see), and I could easily see her online persona being more T-ish. In general, I don't question others' certainty of their type.

In my own case, there is a lot more of the "Fi" version of me online than in real life, and I'm focusing on developing that Fi aspect so as to better intuitively understand myself and others.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
She's on the board. Actually, I met her here.

And she agrees with me regarding Happy Puppy; interestingly enough, we both arrived at the same conclusion, albeit separately.

:yes:

no offense, but as charming as you are, i'd still rather hear it from her.

sculpting

Also, an interesting question that arises from your personal mixture of type preferences is: are you an ENFP who actually prefers T over F? And if so, what does that make you?

I think that's the entire issue at hand: is an ENFP with a somewhat defunct (no offense, honestly) F function really an ENFP at all? If she has more of a preference for T than F, doesn't that, by definition, mean she's really an ENTP?

Or does she fall somewhere in between, like an MBTI form of a hemaphrodite?

I don't know; but it's an interesting question...

Z. You just made me laugh my ass off. Oh, I do love INTJs. You guys are so fucking good at totally derailing NeFi emo stupidity. I am all like "wah wah wah, I am such a weirdo, oh poor me, feel sorry for poor weird happy puppy" and have been all emo over this issue for like a fucking year.

Then you go and call me an MBTI hemaphrodite, tell me I am defunct, then say-em "how weird". I am laughing so hard I am crying and totally not offended in anyway. Jesus christ you INTJs are a riot. I mean it's a fun ride, dont get me wrong, but damn you guys are funny.

Anyways:
1. Your enfp is the most beautiful thing I have seen. Her Fi is beautiful.

2. This is a sign that MBTI is flawed. It's a good model but it doesnt capture the full variety of people you will see-ie data. As the jungian functions illustrate, a simple T/F designator is not sufficient to capture everyone. Te is not Ti. Fe is not Fi.

3. a significant concern I have is that folks like myself are considered abnormal-As an individual I understand my own behavior and patterns and in isolation I am content to be what I am, and am happy. Let's say 8% of the population are ENFPs. ENFPs like me-maybe 0.5 to 1%. Assume society is evolutionarily designed so that all of the types ebb and flow to integrate us into a cohesive functional unit.

But folks like myself are so rare that we cant fit neatly into those patterns. We flow in the wrong way. I suspect most "personality disorders" are this sort of thing. I know a couple of EXTPs who would meet the criteria for narcissim and sociopathy-yet in isolation the intent is not to be evil, their patterns and expectations just differ drastically from the normal flows.

For me, I miss Fi connections mostly. I try to connect to ENTPs via NeTe but there is no Fi. I try to connect to INTJs but there are domination issues over Te. Meh, I am gonna get another cat.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
That kind of bitchslap stuff makes me want to steer clear off ENFP at all cost. Not that I have good affinities with them to start with.
I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Z. You just made me laugh my ass off. Oh, I do love INTJs. You guys are so fucking good at totally derailing NeFi emo stupidity. I am all like "wah wah wah, I am such a weirdo, oh poor me, feel sorry for poor weird happy puppy" and have been all emo over this issue for like a fucking year.

Then you go and call me an MBTI hemaphrodite, tell me I am defunct, then say-em "how weird". I am laughing so hard I am crying and totally not offended in anyway. Jesus christ you INTJs are a riot. I mean it's a fun ride, dont get me wrong, but damn you guys are funny.

Anyways:
1. Your enfp is the most beautiful thing I have seen. Her Fi is beautiful.

2. This is a sign that MBTI is flawed. It's a good model but it doesnt capture the full variety of people you will see-ie data. As the jungian functions illustrate, a simple T/F designator is not sufficient to capture everyone. Te is not Ti. Fe is not Fi.

3. a significant concern I have is that folks like myself are considered abnormal-As an individual I understand my own behavior and patterns and in isolation I am content to be what I am, and am happy. Let's say 8% of the population are ENFPs. ENFPs like me-maybe 0.5 to 1%. Assume society is evolutionarily designed so that all of the types ebb and flow to integrate us into a cohesive functional unit.

But folks like myself are so rare that we cant fit neatly into those patterns. We flow in the wrong way. I suspect most "personality disorders" are this sort of thing. I know a couple of EXTPs who would meet the criteria for narcissim and sociopathy-yet in isolation the intent is not to be evil, their patterns and expectations just differ drastically from the normal flows.

For me, I miss Fi connections mostly. I try to connect to ENTPs via NeTe but there is no Fi. I try to connect to INTJs but there are domination issues over Te. Meh, I am gonna get another cat.

Glad to be of service. :)

And I wouldn't say that your case demonstrates how MBTI is flawed, but that we must always remember to keep in mind the subtleties and nuances of the theory.

You are a subtle nuance, not a freak. :cheese:

sculpting

Glad to be of service.

And I wouldn't say that your case demonstrates how MBTI is flawed, but that we must always remember to keep in mind the subtleties and nuances of the theory.

You are a subtle nuance, not a freak. :cheese:

I prefer statistical abnormality, but will take MBTI hermaphrodite as a runner up!
:hug:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
well, shit. suddenly i feel like my opinion didn't matter at all.

to hell with the both of you!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug: Digest :hug:

Don't feel left out ;)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:ranting: Too many damn hugs in this thread. And some from INTJs no less. What is this world coming to? :doh:

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Eh, I don't consider ENFP *bitchslaps* to be all that painful. The problem is, they usually just end up being all about their feelings and how someone else made you feel this and that. How is that painful to another person? If it hurts me, it hurts me because I care about that person and I don't want them to hurt, not because of the string of overly emotional words they string together, like tears on paper.
If someone doesn't care, they could care less about your tears.

The key to causing pain is aiming straight for their heart, not your own.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fi fe difference perhaps...it's more about standing up for ourselves and tellin you to eff off i think by listing all the reasons we expect you to...haha or something.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
fi fe difference perhaps...it's more about standing up for ourselves and tellin you to eff off i think by listing all the reasons we expect you to...haha or something.

Definitely.

When you're telling someone off, it's usually for catharsis (ie, you have no expectations from the person and want nothing more from them) or to demand that the person get in line and meet your expectations.

With ENFPs, I honestly can't tell the difference between the two, probably because they very rarely drop their expectations and want nothing more from you. :D.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
exactly...you can act this way and let me act this way...or you can go away please and thanks haha :)