User Tag List

First 1826272829 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I don't think ENTP either except for this pusillanimous pretend directive extraverted feeling.

Coz either she's a type, or fucked up.
    wow...you'd do better just to stop. an internet nutcase? she's just fucked up? come on...i have no idea what's going on between you two but that's just pissing me off...looks like she is just reaching out trying to get to a better place with this and you ought to just leave her be to do it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    wow...you'd do better just to stop.
    Or what?

Are you people assuming some kind of reciprocal love arrangement existed prior to all this noise? Are you somehow assuming that she needed this level of protection for her feelings? Are you perhaps assuming that because she said she did, then she did? Well, in that case, welcome to your world, because here I am saying something too.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it wasn't a threat. i was pointing out how it's the nicer and much cooler thing to do you see....and i'm not assuming anything...like i said no clue what's goin on between you two. not my business but ask yourself what the motive is? because as far as i know name calling has but one.

edit: i totally sound like a preschool teacher.

but! i still stand by my point!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

It's about one month since the OP. "Nicer and cooler" lasted that long. Then *I* got tired of pretending not to be under assault.

Or, if I may paraphrase... back off.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

enfps are mad protective...can't help it. if someone is going to fight in our presence they'll likely have to hear about it a bit....but i'll try.
    -Jim Morrison

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Are you people assuming some kind of reciprocal love arrangement existed prior to all this noise? Are you somehow assuming that she needed this level of protection for her feelings? Are you perhaps assuming that because she said she did, then she did?
    I wasn't going to respond to any more in this thread until I saw this.

No, there have been no assumptions - on my end at least. It seems like you are the one doing the assuming.

It's about one month since the OP. "Nicer and cooler" lasted that long. Then *I* got tired of pretending not to be under assault.
    Yes, but over the course of that month, you were steadily replying and communicating to the OP. It wasn't like you weren't involved in the discussion. You said that you actually dismissed her emotional pleas to you and now are saying that you also pretended that her breakdown wasn't happening. But now you are shocked that she blew up? With all that ignoring over at least a month, I probably would have screamed at you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    enfps are mad protective...can't help it. if someone is going to fight in our presence they'll likely have to hear about it a bit....but i'll try.
    Agreed.

And ENTPs look for consistency. I find a lot of inconsistency in your statements, Kalach. That doesn't make you a bad person or make you in the wrong, but I think that maybe your emotions are clouding your judgment. Maybe you should reread the things that you have posted in the past month in response to her after you've had a good night's sleep, and then ask yourself honestly if this is all just her sandbagging you.

I know you are fed up, that is apparent. But talking about the frustration repeatedly won't change anything. Use that beautiful Ni to create a vision of what you want your future to look like and make steps toward that. If you want her to stop posting about you, stop giving her fuel for the fire.

Or you can sit there indignantly and go on an entitled rant, allowing this to continue for longer than necessary.

Maybe you are just enjoying the attention?

(and OMT, excellent points...)

MBTI
    INTJ

There's a great deal of truth missing from these stories, but is there that much left to tell? I am left with "internet nutcase" as an explanation. The audience is presumably left with "oblivious INTJ" or "stalkerboy" as their explanation.

Something went seriously wrong here, and I didn't do it. Made friends in the wrong way? With the wrong person? At the wrong time? For the wrong reasons? With self-serving interests? Whatever it was, I will not be accepting responsibility for it, thanks. To do so in this situation is essentially to make some rule that all relationships are based on chance. Not based on people paying attention and attempting to do right under their own power, but on chance. Accident. Whatever random thing someone else throws at you. That's what governs reality. Not some stable, fixed core that provides legitimate foundation.

Whomsoever chooses to attempt wiping out that claim by citing "tertiary temptation", be prepared for the entirety of your tertiary backstop to be wiped out too. Not all value judgments are the result of placing feeling in a merely utility role.

Responsibility in this case would seem to be to admit to not caring adequately for someone else's concerns. Well I didn't want to because those concerns weirded me out. Presumably that is where I should have taken responsibility. And backed off? How the [edit] would I know. Certainly the responsible thing would have been to be clear. To make a clear statement. Like she requested. And which I didn't do.

You'll note, as I do, a change in claim from the second paragraph to the fourth. Whatever.

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

There's a great deal of truth missing from these stories, but is there that much left to tell? I am left with "internet nutcase" as an explanation. The audience is presumably left with "oblivious INTJ" or "stalkerboy" as their explanation.

Something went seriously wrong here, and I didn't do it. Made friends in the wrong way? With the wrong person? At the wrong time? For the wrong reasons? With self-serving interests? Whatever it was, I will not be accepting responsibility for it, thanks. To do so in this situation is essentially to make some rule that all relationships are based on chance. Not based on people paying attention and attempting to do right under their own power, but on chance. Accident. Whatever random thing someone else throws at you. That's what governs reality. Not some stable, fixed core that provides legitimate foundation.

Whomsoever chooses to attempt wiping out that claim by citing "tertiary temptation", be prepared for the entirety of your tertiary backstop to be wiped out too. Not all value judgments are the result of placing feeling in a merely utility role.

Responsibility in this case would seem to be to admit to not caring adequately for someone else's concerns. Well I didn't want to because those concerns weirded me out. Presumably that is where I should have taken responsibility. And backed off? How the [edit] would I know. Certainly the responsible thing would have been to be clear. To make a clear statement. Like she requested. And which I didn't do.

You'll note, as I do, a change in claim from the second paragraph to the fourth. Whatever.
    Sometimes, you have to deal with responsibilities that you didn't choose. It's called being an adult. Sometimes, you're going to have to deal with people on their terms, rather than your own. That's also called being an adult.

No amount of complaining is going to make it otherwise.

garbage

So we're arguing about archetypes, then? Or, well, what's going on

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Sometimes, you have to deal with responsibilities that you didn't choose. It's called being an adult. Sometimes, you're going to have to deal with people on their terms, rather than your own. That's also called being an adult.

No amount of complaining is going to make it otherwise.
    To be equally prosaic, good luck applying cognitive norms to people who don't share them. "Deal" particularly has different meanings across the types. But what the real implication of that is, I don't know. Increased complexity of interactions or foreordained failure? Beats me.

I'm moderately willing to claim all anyone is fundamentally required to do is become aware of where their judgments can no longer apply and how much and what kind of information is needed before any judgment is legitimate.

Boy meets Grr