User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Well yeah, but I'm the stalker, so... dunno... INTJ Scorched Earth for ENFP Bitchslap. Seems fair.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Well yeah, but I'm the stalker, so... dunno... INTJ Scorched Earth for ENFP Bitchslap. Seems fair.
    oh shit...so staying out of this one...sorry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ummm....I don't think I want to post in this thread anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hypothetically.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, here's as good an opportunity to bust out my new grand theory of it all:

There's no such thing as a distinction between Fe and Fi. It's entirely colored by the T function's orientation.

Yes, you heard me. Fe and Fi manifest themselves exactly the same way. Both are entirely tied to the relationship a person has with other people.

However, Fe comes along because of Ti's analytical tendency. It's understood very quickly (well, in everyone but the xxTPs, broken human beings that we are) that good emotions arise from relationships with others. So, Ti, being task-oriented, begins to devise strategies for triggering those emotional states. This is the "hidden" aspect of Fe - yes, it's entirely individualized like Fi is. However, from Ti's constant strategic influence, Fe users go with what consistently works. So it may seem like Fe users are entirely concerned with things like reciprocity and social graces, but that's just because these things are successful at making people feel good about themselves, and consequently, keeping a group together.

Fi is a result of Te, which as we know, is amazingly adept at categorizing and arranging. As such, a Te-user will take the emotional stimuli (that is, their relationships with other people) and handle it as its own category of thing. They become better at identifying and understanding their emotions, because placing a name on them comes naturally. As Te is less task-oriented and more structure-oriented, there comes a tendency to want to either understand and name other emotions (when tagged with N), or experience and recollect those emotions (when tagged with S).

HP's entirely right about it being a Te-bitchslap, because Te is the actor. And she's definitely an ENFP. (Warning, deep shit alert) Notice how much she talks about pain. With Ti, pain is merely something that's experienced, fought against, and forgotten once past. In her posts, I can imagine that each one of those mentions of "pain" actually correspond with different emotions, but English is limited in the proper words to describe them.

So why does she seem like an ENTP at times? Because she's seen shit in her day that you can thank your lucky stars you never went through. Just like I had my reasons to suppress my F(of an e-ish variety) for a very long time, she's probably had her reasons to suppress hers. And with that possibly being the case, I can't help but think it's more than a little offensive to question her self-identified type. So I'm not typing others on the board from here on out, and I hope the rest of you don't either.

Oh, and Amar? When you made the ENTP cry? That's not a good idea. If we get to the point we're publicly in tears in a rage-filled environment, it's not about your emotions or your expression of them. They're certainly not the reason he's in tears. In fact, you probably don't want to know why he's in tears. It's horrendous, to say the least.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Default i

Hah! You two-timing forum messenger, you.

It's totally Te related, people. None of us are exempt from coloring our reactions with our potentially immature tertiary functions. Fi decides there's a serious problem, Ne has already failed and probably coming up with all kinds of weird possibilities, so we must resort to a *logical* explanation for what's going on there and resolve! Unfortunately, the resolution is only as good as the judgment that started it and the quality of the Te. ENFs are no strangers to logic in service of feeling.
    I'm not entirely sure I can get on board with the whole *protecting the Fi,* thing. I consider it just a natural result of Ne and Fi going haywire. When I flip, I don't use Se to protect Ni. I use it as backup to protect my whole self.

No one's fritzing functions are particularly attractive.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I think most type dynamics are probably best explained with just dom, aux. In this case, I think its an aux Fi issue
    The tertiary function is labelled the relief funtion. Thats where you go when you are stressed before you flip into shadow mode.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    The tertiary function is labelled the relief funtion. Thats where you go when you are stressed before you flip into shadow mode.
    I thought that was your inferior?
    Ti brings me more relief than anything else...

Edit: Nevermind! I'm with you now

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    pff. I love how people think I haven't been exposed to these theories in my 1000+ posts here ...Im basing my "less tertiary access" belief on some of edcoachings posts. He's not exactly unfamiliar with type theory. Today's MBTI theorists cant really agree on the tertiary.

MBTI
    GONE

Hey Happy Puppy! Love the thread name.

I've been trying to get through all the responses but since we're already near page 20 I'll just add my 2 cents:

ENFP with crazy strong swirling torrents of Fi here! And I think my Ti is equal to (or even stronger than) my Te. I think I have decent amounts of Fe but in terms of what you mentioned Fe for (realizing what is socially appropriate, smoothing things over with others) I think it's a moot point. I think Fi turns me into a "good hostess" and I'm very aware of social mores and making good impression. I have a good public face.

So having said all that ^^ I don't really get super angry and bitchslap with Te. I can be verbally combative but I think that's just Te playing and exploring ideas.

I understand what emo-tinged Te is. I think I've had 1 or 2 ENFP females do this to me before -- *and it drives me crazy!!* LOL. I much prefer the robotic EGALITARIAN crispness with which an INTJ corrects me. I hate perceving that people are "digging" at me or playing some kind of game I haven't been given a rulebook to.

Plus, when I'm truly angry I just go nuts, break shit, the usual. LOL, no kidding. Maybe my Fe is flowering though because I don't see what's so wrong irl with cussing people out and yelling at them. Why the need to keep up appearances and pretend we never get our hands dirty? You don't necessarily have to demean yourself or others by getting angry and showing it.

When I get angry I get strategic and look for greatest pay-off/redemption. The angrier I get, the cooler and calmer I feel. I've heard one other ENFP female tell me similar - she gets filled with cool dispassion.

As easy as it is to get a rise out of Fi doms (as some trolls here already know all too well ) Te works GREAT in times of stress to very clearly articulate to the world relieve me of my anger. When I'm angry, I just want to clear the air and make sure others explicitly know where I am coming from. And I want to really understand where the other person is coming from. That's my idea of closure and I need it to get over my anger/anxiety over interpersonal issues.

That's why I always thought it was Ti and not Te that was kicking in. My overall "bitchslap" approach is to get razor sharp and precise like a scalpel. And it's not really a 'bitchslap' so much as a reaction. I've had a few people over the many long years I've known people (mostly other NFs, an ISTJ, an INTP or two) tell me that my reactions of displeasure scared them.

But really in the bigger picture, it's because most ENFPs are so non-threatening and cute and cuddly so the contrast makes it seem more jarring. I had an ENFP female boss who Te bitchslapped all live long day (she credited it with her career success) and I hated it. It got on my nerves in a big way. Because otherwise she seemed like this goofy airhead. I also see this another ENFP friend of mine. Being goofy, even starting "play fights" and then getting all indignant and Te bitchy when they don't like how the course of events they started turns out. It seems inconsistent and somehow like an outcropping of a lack of self-awareness.

That's why in general I try to temper my unhappy/angry responses to the audience and keeping ^^ this all in mind. That's also partly why I say that lack or presence of Fe is a moot point. I intellectually (and with Ne) try to predict how people will react to me and what is appropriate.

And on a sidenote, how I get crazy intense and focused when I'm truly pissed gives me a good track record facing off with mean old corporations. IOW, I'm pretty good at getting my money back, vouchers, coupons, apologies, etc. when some bureacracy has wronged me.

So in summation, when people poke at me I either get business like and outspoken and Te driven in my speech, I get super laser pinpoint intense and accurate like an INTJ, or I go nuts and just Fe (? LOLOLOL) all over the place.

Add that to your research, HP!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari