User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 284

  1. #101
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Also, Happy, I hope I'm not prying to deep into your personal psychology and what not; you are an interesting case study, though.


  2. #102
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Also, an interesting question that arises from your personal mixture of type preferences is: are you an ENFP who actually prefers T over F? And if so, what does that make you?

    I think that's the entire issue at hand: is an ENFP with a somewhat defunct (no offense, honestly) F function really an ENFP at all? If she has more of a preference for T than F, doesn't that, by definition, mean she's really an ENTP?

    Or does she fall somewhere in between, like an MBTI form of a hemaphrodite?

    I don't know; but it's an interesting question...
    That's part of the problem with MBTI, where it is easy to lose track of what "preference" means. It's possible she's most comfortable with NeFi, but dealing with the workaday world successfully has made her skilled with Te.

    Add in the fact that an online forum is very amenable to Te (all the ideas are things written down for everyone to see), and I could easily see her online persona being more T-ish. In general, I don't question others' certainty of their type.

    In my own case, there is a lot more of the "Fi" version of me online than in real life, and I'm focusing on developing that Fi aspect so as to better intuitively understand myself and others.

  3. #103
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    She's on the board. Actually, I met her here.

    And she agrees with me regarding Happy Puppy; interestingly enough, we both arrived at the same conclusion, albeit separately.

    no offense, but as charming as you are, i'd still rather hear it from her.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  4. #104
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Also, an interesting question that arises from your personal mixture of type preferences is: are you an ENFP who actually prefers T over F? And if so, what does that make you?

    I think that's the entire issue at hand: is an ENFP with a somewhat defunct (no offense, honestly) F function really an ENFP at all? If she has more of a preference for T than F, doesn't that, by definition, mean she's really an ENTP?

    Or does she fall somewhere in between, like an MBTI form of a hemaphrodite?

    I don't know; but it's an interesting question...
    Z. You just made me laugh my ass off. Oh, I do love INTJs. You guys are so fucking good at totally derailing NeFi emo stupidity. I am all like "wah wah wah, I am such a weirdo, oh poor me, feel sorry for poor weird happy puppy" and have been all emo over this issue for like a fucking year.

    Then you go and call me an MBTI hemaphrodite, tell me I am defunct, then say-em "how weird". I am laughing so hard I am crying and totally not offended in anyway. Jesus christ you INTJs are a riot. I mean it's a fun ride, dont get me wrong, but damn you guys are funny.

    Anyways:
    1. Your enfp is the most beautiful thing I have seen. Her Fi is beautiful.

    2. This is a sign that MBTI is flawed. It's a good model but it doesnt capture the full variety of people you will see-ie data. As the jungian functions illustrate, a simple T/F designator is not sufficient to capture everyone. Te is not Ti. Fe is not Fi.

    3. a significant concern I have is that folks like myself are considered abnormal-As an individual I understand my own behavior and patterns and in isolation I am content to be what I am, and am happy. Let's say 8% of the population are ENFPs. ENFPs like me-maybe 0.5 to 1%. Assume society is evolutionarily designed so that all of the types ebb and flow to integrate us into a cohesive functional unit.

    But folks like myself are so rare that we cant fit neatly into those patterns. We flow in the wrong way. I suspect most "personality disorders" are this sort of thing. I know a couple of EXTPs who would meet the criteria for narcissim and sociopathy-yet in isolation the intent is not to be evil, their patterns and expectations just differ drastically from the normal flows.

    For me, I miss Fi connections mostly. I try to connect to ENTPs via NeTe but there is no Fi. I try to connect to INTJs but there are domination issues over Te. Meh, I am gonna get another cat.

  5. #105
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Also, Happy, I hope I'm not prying to deep into your personal psychology and what not; you are an interesting case study, though.

    No problem! You make me laugh my ass off! Thanks m' dear!

  6. #106
    Senior Member Loxias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    301

    Default

    That kind of bitchslap stuff makes me want to steer clear off ENFP at all cost. Not that I have good affinities with them to start with.
    I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

  7. #107
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Z. You just made me laugh my ass off. Oh, I do love INTJs. You guys are so fucking good at totally derailing NeFi emo stupidity. I am all like "wah wah wah, I am such a weirdo, oh poor me, feel sorry for poor weird happy puppy" and have been all emo over this issue for like a fucking year.

    Then you go and call me an MBTI hemaphrodite, tell me I am defunct, then say-em "how weird". I am laughing so hard I am crying and totally not offended in anyway. Jesus christ you INTJs are a riot. I mean it's a fun ride, dont get me wrong, but damn you guys are funny.

    Anyways:
    1. Your enfp is the most beautiful thing I have seen. Her Fi is beautiful.

    2. This is a sign that MBTI is flawed. It's a good model but it doesnt capture the full variety of people you will see-ie data. As the jungian functions illustrate, a simple T/F designator is not sufficient to capture everyone. Te is not Ti. Fe is not Fi.

    3. a significant concern I have is that folks like myself are considered abnormal-As an individual I understand my own behavior and patterns and in isolation I am content to be what I am, and am happy. Let's say 8% of the population are ENFPs. ENFPs like me-maybe 0.5 to 1%. Assume society is evolutionarily designed so that all of the types ebb and flow to integrate us into a cohesive functional unit.

    But folks like myself are so rare that we cant fit neatly into those patterns. We flow in the wrong way. I suspect most "personality disorders" are this sort of thing. I know a couple of EXTPs who would meet the criteria for narcissim and sociopathy-yet in isolation the intent is not to be evil, their patterns and expectations just differ drastically from the normal flows.

    For me, I miss Fi connections mostly. I try to connect to ENTPs via NeTe but there is no Fi. I try to connect to INTJs but there are domination issues over Te. Meh, I am gonna get another cat.
    Glad to be of service.

    And I wouldn't say that your case demonstrates how MBTI is flawed, but that we must always remember to keep in mind the subtleties and nuances of the theory.

    You are a subtle nuance, not a freak.

  8. #108
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Glad to be of service.

    And I wouldn't say that your case demonstrates how MBTI is flawed, but that we must always remember to keep in mind the subtleties and nuances of the theory.

    You are a subtle nuance, not a freak.
    I prefer statistical abnormality, but will take MBTI hermaphrodite as a runner up!

  9. #109
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default


  10. #110
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    well, shit. suddenly i feel like my opinion didn't matter at all.

    to hell with the both of you!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] The ENFP Male
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 07:29 PM
  2. [ENFP] What happens to ENFPs when they don't get the alone time they need?
    By cn1234567890 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 08:20 PM
  3. [ENFP] The ENFP "investigative journalist mode"
    By autumn in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 01:00 PM
  4. [ENFP] The ENFP Paradox
    By autumn in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 04:14 AM
  5. [ENFP] ENFP's, carrying the banner
    By gretch in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO