User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Also, Happy, I hope I'm not prying to deep into your personal psychology and what not; you are an interesting case study, though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Also, an interesting question that arises from your personal mixture of type preferences is: are you an ENFP who actually prefers T over F? And if so, what does that make you?

I think that's the entire issue at hand: is an ENFP with a somewhat defunct (no offense, honestly) F function really an ENFP at all? If she has more of a preference for T than F, doesn't that, by definition, mean she's really an ENTP?

Or does she fall somewhere in between, like an MBTI form of a hemaphrodite?

I don't know; but it's an interesting question...
    That's part of the problem with MBTI, where it is easy to lose track of what "preference" means. It's possible she's most comfortable with NeFi, but dealing with the workaday world successfully has made her skilled with Te.

Add in the fact that an online forum is very amenable to Te (all the ideas are things written down for everyone to see), and I could easily see her online persona being more T-ish. In general, I don't question others' certainty of their type.

In my own case, there is a lot more of the "Fi" version of me online than in real life, and I'm focusing on developing that Fi aspect so as to better intuitively understand myself and others.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

She's on the board. Actually, I met her here.

And she agrees with me regarding Happy Puppy; interestingly enough, we both arrived at the same conclusion, albeit separately.

no offense, but as charming as you are, i'd still rather hear it from her.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Also, an interesting question that arises from your personal mixture of type preferences is: are you an ENFP who actually prefers T over F? And if so, what does that make you?

I think that's the entire issue at hand: is an ENFP with a somewhat defunct (no offense, honestly) F function really an ENFP at all? If she has more of a preference for T than F, doesn't that, by definition, mean she's really an ENTP?

Or does she fall somewhere in between, like an MBTI form of a hemaphrodite?

I don't know; but it's an interesting question...
    Z. You just made me laugh my ass off. Oh, I do love INTJs. You guys are so fucking good at totally derailing NeFi emo stupidity. I am all like "wah wah wah, I am such a weirdo, oh poor me, feel sorry for poor weird happy puppy" and have been all emo over this issue for like a fucking year.

Then you go and call me an MBTI hemaphrodite, tell me I am defunct, then say-em "how weird". I am laughing so hard I am crying and totally not offended in anyway. Jesus christ you INTJs are a riot. I mean it's a fun ride, dont get me wrong, but damn you guys are funny.

Anyways:
    1. Your enfp is the most beautiful thing I have seen. Her Fi is beautiful.

2. This is a sign that MBTI is flawed. It's a good model but it doesnt capture the full variety of people you will see-ie data. As the jungian functions illustrate, a simple T/F designator is not sufficient to capture everyone. Te is not Ti. Fe is not Fi.

3. a significant concern I have is that folks like myself are considered abnormal-As an individual I understand my own behavior and patterns and in isolation I am content to be what I am, and am happy. Let's say 8% of the population are ENFPs. ENFPs like me-maybe 0.5 to 1%. Assume society is evolutionarily designed so that all of the types ebb and flow to integrate us into a cohesive functional unit.

But folks like myself are so rare that we cant fit neatly into those patterns. We flow in the wrong way. I suspect most "personality disorders" are this sort of thing. I know a couple of EXTPs who would meet the criteria for narcissim and sociopathy-yet in isolation the intent is not to be evil, their patterns and expectations just differ drastically from the normal flows.

For me, I miss Fi connections mostly. I try to connect to ENTPs via NeTe but there is no Fi. I try to connect to INTJs but there are domination issues over Te. Meh, I am gonna get another cat.

Also, Happy, I hope I'm not prying to deep into your personal psychology and what not; you are an interesting case study, though.

No problem! You make me laugh my ass off! Thanks m' dear!

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

That kind of bitchslap stuff makes me want to steer clear off ENFP at all cost. Not that I have good affinities with them to start with.
    I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Z. You just made me laugh my ass off. Oh, I do love INTJs. You guys are so fucking good at totally derailing NeFi emo stupidity. I am all like "wah wah wah, I am such a weirdo, oh poor me, feel sorry for poor weird happy puppy" and have been all emo over this issue for like a fucking year.

Then you go and call me an MBTI hemaphrodite, tell me I am defunct, then say-em "how weird". I am laughing so hard I am crying and totally not offended in anyway. Jesus christ you INTJs are a riot. I mean it's a fun ride, dont get me wrong, but damn you guys are funny.

Anyways:
    1. Your enfp is the most beautiful thing I have seen. Her Fi is beautiful.

2. This is a sign that MBTI is flawed. It's a good model but it doesnt capture the full variety of people you will see-ie data. As the jungian functions illustrate, a simple T/F designator is not sufficient to capture everyone. Te is not Ti. Fe is not Fi.

3. a significant concern I have is that folks like myself are considered abnormal-As an individual I understand my own behavior and patterns and in isolation I am content to be what I am, and am happy. Let's say 8% of the population are ENFPs. ENFPs like me-maybe 0.5 to 1%. Assume society is evolutionarily designed so that all of the types ebb and flow to integrate us into a cohesive functional unit.

But folks like myself are so rare that we cant fit neatly into those patterns. We flow in the wrong way. I suspect most "personality disorders" are this sort of thing. I know a couple of EXTPs who would meet the criteria for narcissim and sociopathy-yet in isolation the intent is not to be evil, their patterns and expectations just differ drastically from the normal flows.

For me, I miss Fi connections mostly. I try to connect to ENTPs via NeTe but there is no Fi. I try to connect to INTJs but there are domination issues over Te. Meh, I am gonna get another cat.
    Glad to be of service.

And I wouldn't say that your case demonstrates how MBTI is flawed, but that we must always remember to keep in mind the subtleties and nuances of the theory.

You are a subtle nuance, not a freak.

Glad to be of service.

And I wouldn't say that your case demonstrates how MBTI is flawed, but that we must always remember to keep in mind the subtleties and nuances of the theory.

You are a subtle nuance, not a freak.
    I prefer statistical abnormality, but will take MBTI hermaphrodite as a runner up!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

well, shit. suddenly i feel like my opinion didn't matter at all.

to hell with the both of you!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery