User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    4/7

Default You say NF's are soft?

Hey there Nico here! This is my first thread on this site! Whoho go ahead and break the confety!
    Anyways on a slightly more serious tone, I was exploring the Idyllic based threads and recognize a pattern; it seems that many people deem us to be whishy washy, conflict avoidant and vulnerable. I must admit I find this slightly insulting because I think this kind of behaviour goes against my moral code. Sure the are many people who I concider NF's that have, how should I put it nicely, rainbowtastic antics and are scared of any kind of confrontation. I, for one, have no problem with confrontation; usually, I make my agressors put their own foot in their mouth. I want to see what my fellow NF's have to say about this preconcived stereotype.
    Rant away!

Some of the biggest wimps in this forum are NTs.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I think NFs get this stereotype because they start out pretty open. They gradually learn to compartmentalize, growing a thicker skin as they mature.

NTs, as an example, start out pretty closed. They'll learn how to be more open, letting the walls down tactfully as they mature.

All types can be triggered to do the opposite pretty early on, but i doubt it tends to be pretty at that point.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I used to be pretty confrontational when I was in my teens?

After having to work, go to school, juggle with all sorts of life events, I'm just so tired to have to put up a fight anymore.

People will be people. If need be, if I'm really irritated, I'll let a person know, or simply will not interact with them. Anger takes too much energy away from me. I need a Red Bull for that. Maybe my blood pressure's waay too low. IDK..

On the other hand, when I explode, I EXPLODE.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My close friend tested an INFP, to me she seems like an ENFP.. whatever, anywho. She was hated for being confrontational. to be honest she lost way too many friends because when they did something she didnt like, she effing told them. shes totally an exception to that stereotype.
    although i seem to fit it well. hahah
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm not sure the male NFs here will appreciate the title...

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm not sure the male NFs here will appreciate the title...
    Let people think what they want. When someone pushes once too often, and has to pick themselves up off the concrete, or gets verbally and emotionally annihilated, they will only have themselves to blame. Believing stereotypes are accurate, is a recipe for pain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh who gives a f@*K...the trick is to be soft where it counts AND strong where it counts.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh who gives a f@*K...the trick is to be soft where it counts AND strong where it counts.
    Agreed. It's like a peach, soft and juicy at the outside with a strong solid pit; a core that can choke you or even poison you if you get too much of it
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Haha, wow. This thread turned pretty violent for something about how soft we are!

People who make assumptions about me and my ability to stand up and defend myself, or turn into a cold hard bitch, are in for a surprise. In fact, the surprise factor makes the reaction even more satisfying.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2