• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] You say NF's are soft?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
i am soft and weak, except i am not the person who is afraid of his own perceptions or externally triggered emotions all the time. i am a strong witness in the waking state. it's not that i will force myself to view every sick horror movie. i skipped through mum and dad closing one eye, but i enjoyed the movie antichrist. it's my weakness that made me strong. weakness = not having any means to escape from undesirable experiences, be it the manifestation of worldly failures or from experiencing my lowest self. but i don't have a noticeable amount of that "street fighter" or survivor kind of hardness. the kind that christina aguilera sings about.

Your strength being your willingness to absorb and process difficult things?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
What does it say to you? I'm sincerely interested, mine doesn't talk.

Mostly it screams before I flush. The screams. Always the screams.

Hand+from+Toilet+Erik+Johansson.jpg

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Mostly it screams before I flush. The screams. Always the screams.

I've heard this man can help you with many issues, screams being just one of them. Good luck. ;)

hannibal_lecter20copy.jpg

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
:laugh: Yes, exactly.

He was dual purpose Mr. Hopkins.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxHHMEEKsFA"]All by myself[/YOUTUBE]

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Yes, when one has friends over for dinner, there needs to be theme music.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
How did you get my dinner party playlist? :ninja:

areilla10

MBTI Type
INFP
Sometimes I think the NFs real strength lies in the low expectations of being stupid and wimpy, just sitting around with huge pupils and feelings about shit. When expectations are that low, it makes it relatively easy to sucker-punch the world.

I haven't read all the posts yet, but I had to stop and post when I saw this one. People always made assumptions about me, that I wouldn't be interested in going to this party or that I was "too good" to hang out with that group, or that I wouldn't dare try the flavour of the day because it might get little Miss Goody-Two-Shoes in trouble. Yeah right. :devil: Actually, since I'm kind of a crossover between an INFP and an INTP, this nicely set the stage for my inner shit-disturber to pop out at unexpected times and shock the hell out of people. I've always loved shocking people, partly because the Thinker part loves being right and proving others wrong, but also because my Idealist Feeler part liked the irony.

ANYway, of all the types, INFP's are one of the most fun to poke with a stick because they seem stupid, weak, ineffective, and couldn't harm a fly. They attract bullies like a magnet. This is a dangerous mistake, though. Their depth of feeling and their strength of conviction means that, sooner or later, they're gonna crack and then you're gonna wish you hadn't poked them with that stick. I was just on Facebook on the INFP group page and there's an interesting discussion there: "What's your most violent INFP moment?" Now, "violent" and "INFP" seems like an oxymoron, but when you think about it, it makes sense. We are intuitive AKA spontaneous, and we have a lot of volatile emotions both good AND bad. So what does that spell? Spontaneous combustion. It just takes one final insult, one shove too far, one bully having one more laugh at our expense, and it's like a spark in a powder keg. The guy who started the FB discussion related his most violent moment. Some jerks were throwing paper footballs at the back of his head in class one day, and they threw one too many. I guess he took on a whole group of guys way bigger than he was, throwing desks, screaming, beating the crap out of them... We're predictably harmless...until suddenly we're not.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I can seem pretty soft, pretty accomidating, but I'm not afraid to push back.

I do avoid conflict. Not directly though. Mostly I avoid people. I assume there will be conflict, so I'm enjoying the 2 for 1 special.

But on the inside, I'm filled with anxiety all the time. Not about anything in particular. It just is.