• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] You say NF's are soft?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if NFs are softer than anyone else, but they are more likely to be able to see just how soft everyone else is. There is a prevalence of artificial toughness in the world, and we can see through it.*

*This is intended as a tease, not to be taken literally.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
"F" has never equated to "soft" to my notion.

People often forget that anger is an emotion, and not a soft one either. I've known several NFs in my day that it wouldn't be smart to push around... Actually, most of them were Fi-users now that I think about it. Maybe that has something to do with it?

It would seem logical to think that a Fi-user would be less likely to allow people to walk on them. Then again, I would think Fe-users would be more equipped to avoid that situation to begin with. Food for thought I suppose.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
We don't always get a chance to show our 'biting' side as we don't care about the same things as say, the SFs do. I think SFs can be real wimps who let people walk all over them. NTs can be real wimps about emotional confrontations but don't show it because they act coldly about it. It may be cause we look like real angels, floating around, which gives 'em a false impression and sometimes we never receive an opportunity to prove otherwise because we weren't triggered.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
We don't always get a chance to show our 'biting' side as we don't care about the same things as say, the SFs do. I think SFs can be real wimps who let people walk all over them. NTs can be real wimps about emotional confrontations but don't show it because they act coldly about it. It may be cause we look like real angels, floating around, which gives 'em a false impression and sometimes we never receive an opportunity to prove otherwise because we weren't triggered.

actually, it makes sense that NFs are so rare.

being that they are the only perfectly balanced type though, i wonder, adding the rareness with the perfection, would you conclude that their existence is due to a fluke or to god's original plan?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
actually, it makes sense that NFs are so rare.

being that they are the only perfectly balanced type though, i wonder, adding the rareness with the perfection, would you conclude that their existence is due to a fluke or to god's original plan?

How could something so complex and yet so perfect have happened by chance?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I think the NFs real strength lies in the low expectations of being stupid and wimpy, just sitting around with huge pupils and feelings about shit. When expectations are that low, it makes it relatively easy to sucker-punch the world.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop

NFs are far from balanced. Far, far. I was only saying that NFs look angelic, not that they are. *rolls eyes*

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sometimes I think the NFs real strength lies in the low expectations of being stupid and wimpy, just sitting around with huge pupils and feelings about shit. When expectations are that low, it makes it relatively easy to sucker-punch the world.

I hate to admit it... but I do enjoy being misunderestimated

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
NFs are far from balanced. Far, far. I was only saying that NFs look angelic, not that they are. *rolls eyes*

you compared NFs favorably against the Ss and the NTs faults as you see it. if you didn't literally say it, you came damn close.

besides, saying they look it didn't mean you didn't mean the above. only that they, others, are shocked to find out just how balanced you guys really are compared, again, to the others.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
as i am like two personalities at the moment :laugh: ... here's my INFP take on this...

internally, i can get very anxious, if i feel something unfair, or destructive is happening. i can get very determined to get a point across. usually i can keep it together quite well nowadays. i don't sweat it so much, because what's the point? it wouldn't help the situation and i would end up feeling bad. i am getting a lot better in not letting people get to me, but still remaining open. it's a very hard thing to do.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty hard on the outside. Being a teacher probably helps. One thing that makes me seem a bit of a softy though... I believe strongly in "fair justice"... so when I have a class where half of my students are cutting up, I often don't punish any of them. Why? Because I could never fairly punish my students. There's no clear line as to who was talking too much out of turn or talking to a degree that doesn't deserve detention. It makes me so reluctant because punishing one person as another deserves it or punishing someone who doesn't deserve it is just something I can't do. One of my partner teachers really doesn't get that at all. She thinks I'm just being passive. Haha.

G

Glycerine

I'm not really "soft". I am mix between abrasive and luke-warm.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"F" has never equated to "soft" to my notion.

People often forget that anger is an emotion, and not a soft one either. I've known several NFs in my day that it wouldn't be smart to push around...

This. In fact most of my NF friends are much more responsive to provocation than my NT friends are.

A couple ENFP's and one ENFJ I know can get pretty nasty when they're angry. :cheese: Much nastier than any RL NT's I have ever known. You'd better not get on their bad side, or else... watch out. :cheese: (Don't get me wrong, I love them all to bits, esp. the ENFJ.)

I personally think it's a lot more dangerous to provoke an NF than to provoke an NT. :devil:

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Let people think what they want. When someone pushes once too often, and has to pick themselves up off the concrete, or gets verbally and emotionally annihilated, they will only have themselves to blame. Believing stereotypes are accurate, is a recipe for pain.

LOVE IT! I am soft when I need to be, but in no way does that mean that I will let you roll me over physically, mentally, or emotionally

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I am quietly soft. You only hear it if you listen.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i am soft and weak, except i am not the person who is afraid of his own perceptions or externally triggered emotions all the time. i am a strong witness in the waking state. it's not that i will force myself to view every sick horror movie. i skipped through mum and dad closing one eye, but i enjoyed the movie antichrist. it's my weakness that made me strong. weakness = not having any means to escape from undesirable experiences, be it the manifestation of worldly failures or from experiencing my lowest self. but i don't have a noticeable amount of that "street fighter" or survivor kind of hardness. the kind that christina aguilera sings about.