User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 72

  1. #61
    Feelin' FiNe speculative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by areilla10 View Post
    We're predictably harmless...until suddenly we're not.
    There are a lot of things that are uniquely INFP; however, I think this is the one thing that I see that is the most uniquely INFP characteristic compared to the other types.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

  2. #62
    Senior Member Iriohm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    167

    Default

    NFs tend to think of others first. Simple as that. It's all in how much they're taken advantage of versus how much other people are taken advantage of. If the former outweighs the latter, slow, painful death; but if the latter outweighs the former, than out of my way, someone needs a heart relieved from their chest.
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic

  3. #63
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    does this guy look soft?


    (infp)

  4. #64
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Yes, I sort of think he does.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

  5. #65
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    Yes, I sort of think he does.
    He also looks like the sort of guy who would cry, as he take a shovel to your skull, then buries your corpse in an abandoned lot.

  6. #66
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    He also looks like the sort of guy who would cry, as he take a shovel to your skull, then buries your corpse in an abandoned lot.
    And then goes on to ride the subway all night long, while simultaneously on the lookout for used copies Cosmopolitan magazine. Avoid eye contact with him at all costs.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

  7. #67
    Junior Member Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I remember being read as a "softy" several times while in the military. If someone tried to back me down I'd ask them if they'd like to go to the gym with me & check out 2 pairs of boxing gloves. Always got a shocked look. Was 6'1" & 207 at the time. Never had any takers but they always left me alone after that. Unfortunately that approach would now get me fired from my civilian job. That's too bad because one alpha-bully there needs his teeth knocked out. Unless I'm being confronted by jerks though, I'm like a lamb.

  8. #68
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Let people think what they want. When someone pushes once too often, and has to pick themselves up off the concrete, or gets verbally and emotionally annihilated, they will only have themselves to blame. Believing stereotypes are accurate, is a recipe for pain.


    Most people see quickly that I am not "soft". They may think being quiet and reserved means that at first, but it doesn't take long before they see I have a lot of backbone. I'm actually seen as grouchy more than anything. The sensitivity is not equated with softness, but with being moody.

    On jobs I've had, people were somewhat "afraid" of me. I wasn't seen as gentle or nice, but as a sullen crank who would ignore people & do what I wanted. I also have a perfectionist streak which makes me critical, and I have a need to control what is important to me, which makes me stubborn. Because I did my job well, this was overlooked. It actually took time for my "nice" side to be recognized.

    I'm not proud of that, but instilling a fear also meant I got away with more and was respected more. My ex boss would make excuses about why he couldn't pay other people & he'd talk down to them, but I always got paid and was dealt with carefully.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iriohm Bladewalker View Post
    NFs tend to think of others first.
    I sooo think of myself first

    For me, avoiding conflict has to do with avoiding internal upset, not upsetting others. I fear becoming emotional because it makes me vulnerable.
    I'm often sensitive to criticism because I hate being misunderstood (that's why criticism I deem valid is not so upsetting), not because I really care if someone likes me or not.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  9. #69
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    I am totally NOT confrontational. I hate criticism and conflict and confrontation and its all awful.

    This being said, I've gotten rather good at manipulation. I get my way.


    My best friend is infp though and she's brilliant at confrontation. she'll get black out angry and put people right in their place.

    instead of an NF thing, I think it depends on the individual...
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  10. #70
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Does someone have to have the willingness to attack someone to not be soft? That assumption comes through in this thread, but moreso as generalized knowledge, I think. It seems to be based on an assumption that if a person is strong enough, they will attack when given the right motivation. It assumes that a non-attacking person does not have the strength to do it and that is their actual reason.

    I once saw a number of people "attacking", but I can't say any of it looked particularly strong, or even hard. It looked like a bunch of frightened people trying to establish their place in a social pecking order with a great hope of moving up at least one notch. They said harsh things, were trying to look tough, but if I had to venture a guess I'd say it was an internally mushy situation.

    It's hard for me to bring myself to attack people like that (which accounts for most of the bullies) because it doesn't seem like it would be a fair fight. I would have to be frightened and needful of proving my strength to engage in that. If there is any sense of internal confidence in one's strength then the only reason to display it is to solve a realistic problem. I suppose a convoluted mess of frightened bullies is a problem, but not one that can be directly or easily solved. If someone uses fear to suppress that, then the internally weak bullies will later try even harder to use the same tactic. How does one solve rather than reinforce the desperate flailings of the socially frightened?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:28 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 09:23 AM
  3. You are what you say you are.
    By King sns in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 01:18 PM
  4. [NF] NFs - When are you unapologetic?
    By Quay in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 03:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO