User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

as i am like two personalities at the moment ... here's my INFP take on this...

internally, i can get very anxious, if i feel something unfair, or destructive is happening. i can get very determined to get a point across. usually i can keep it together quite well nowadays. i don't sweat it so much, because what's the point? it wouldn't help the situation and i would end up feeling bad. i am getting a lot better in not letting people get to me, but still remaining open. it's a very hard thing to do.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm pretty hard on the outside. Being a teacher probably helps. One thing that makes me seem a bit of a softy though... I believe strongly in "fair justice"... so when I have a class where half of my students are cutting up, I often don't punish any of them. Why? Because I could never fairly punish my students. There's no clear line as to who was talking too much out of turn or talking to a degree that doesn't deserve detention. It makes me so reluctant because punishing one person as another deserves it or punishing someone who doesn't deserve it is just something I can't do. One of my partner teachers really doesn't get that at all. She thinks I'm just being passive. Haha.

Glycerine

I'm not really "soft". I am mix between abrasive and luke-warm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I get nervous in social situations

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    "F" has never equated to "soft" to my notion.

People often forget that anger is an emotion, and not a soft one either. I've known several NFs in my day that it wouldn't be smart to push around...
    This. In fact most of my NF friends are much more responsive to provocation than my NT friends are.

A couple ENFP's and one ENFJ I know can get pretty nasty when they're angry. Much nastier than any RL NT's I have ever known. You'd better not get on their bad side, or else... watch out. (Don't get me wrong, I love them all to bits, esp. the ENFJ.)

I personally think it's a lot more dangerous to provoke an NF than to provoke an NT.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah. NF's are way more dangerous, IME.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Let people think what they want. When someone pushes once too often, and has to pick themselves up off the concrete, or gets verbally and emotionally annihilated, they will only have themselves to blame. Believing stereotypes are accurate, is a recipe for pain.

LOVE IT! I am soft when I need to be, but in no way does that mean that I will let you roll me over physically, mentally, or emotionally

I am quietly soft. You only hear it if you listen.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I am quietly soft. You only hear it if you listen.
    Like toilet tissue.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

i am soft and weak, except i am not the person who is afraid of his own perceptions or externally triggered emotions all the time. i am a strong witness in the waking state. it's not that i will force myself to view every sick horror movie. i skipped through mum and dad closing one eye, but i enjoyed the movie antichrist. it's my weakness that made me strong. weakness = not having any means to escape from undesirable experiences, be it the manifestation of worldly failures or from experiencing my lowest self. but i don't have a noticeable amount of that "street fighter" or survivor kind of hardness. the kind that christina aguilera sings about.