• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP: Lack of Fear of Germs?

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I dunno, I'm sure this is related to ENFP somehow, I would guess that ENFP lends itself to being pretty open-minded about food. I never even had a problem eating 'vegetables' as a kid. I like vegetables.

Haha. Well, strangely enough, I'm totally a picky eater. I taste everything, and so any complex dish scares me. Haha. Plain, boring foods are plenty exciting for me, and I'm not even a fan of veggies, though I will eat them when it comes down to it. A lot of normal foods I won't even touch. Yeech. :D

But that's not a clenliness thing. Just a tastebud thing. ;)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
My best friend (ENFP) is definitely afraid of germs.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Haha. Well, strangely enough, I'm totally a picky eater. I taste everything, and so any complex dish scares me. Haha. Plain, boring foods are plenty exciting for me, and I'm not even a fan of veggies, though I will eat them when it comes down to it. A lot of normal foods I won't even touch. Yeech. :D

But that's not a clenliness thing. Just a tastebud thing. ;)

Thanks for putting a dent in that theory. :dry:

Hahaha, that's my new favorite emoticon.

I guess I should have added that I have a horrible sense of smell and have trained myself not to smell anything. This also means I probably can't taste very well either...:cry:

Hahaha, but it does come in handy for for eating. I find very few tastes repulsive and with my curiousity, I like to try out popular international dishes and see what all the fuss is about. And with my stomach of steel, most of the time honestly, if I order something or someone makes me something to eat even if it doesn't look or taste so good, I'm just like 'meh' and I eat it. I have found only 1 or 2 things in my lifetime to be 'inedible'.

I remember I had dim sum once with a large group of friends and no one would eat the chicken feet! Hahahaha, except for me and the woman who ordered it especially off the menu for us in Cantonese.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
This thread reminds me of a skit George Carlin does about Germs.

heart

heart on fire
Heh, "Why do you not fear germs like a normal person?" I think this statement assumes that IxxJ's are normal people. Another question is why do IxxJ's worry so much about germs? Generally you only need to worry about germs if you have a cut or are ingesting something. Beyond that it's largely irrational. Even in the case of ingestion saliva and stomach acids kill most germs. Beyond some very simple precautionary measures germs are not worth worrying about unless you are in the medical profession.

It depends on one's personal immunity too. I used to catch colds and then get sinus infections at least once a month when I was working in an office. That made me more aware of hygeine and being careful of germs, believe me. I trained myself to not touch my face so much and also to be more conscious of how clean my hands are. It paid off.

My sister is diabetic often got bad stomach illnesses and then her doctor told her she had to be much more careful than the average person with cross contamination. She followed his advice, runs her kitchen like a lab almost and almost never has those problems anymore.

heart

heart on fire
To offer another NF perspective on germs:

I'm kind of mixed about germs. I do wash my hands after touching (or even just being near) anything that seemed gross (which I usually avoid), but I don't do so as a ritual throughout the day.

I may eat food off the floor if it looks clean enough, only after inspecting it, and no one else is looking. The absorbency of the food, the part that touched the floor (sometimes I discard it), and the feeling I get from looking at the food and the floor all play a role in whether I feel comfortable eating something that's fallen on the floor.

What's up with INFJ and eating things that have fallen on the floor? If I drop something on the floor, I am not eating it, no way, sorry!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have no issue with eating a perfectly good piece of food off the floor IF it is within the five second rule. I am a firm believer in the fact that my reflexes would be nowhere near as good as they are if there was never a five second rule. There is nothing worse than a perfectly good cocktail shrimp falling to the floor only to be kicked under the nearest piece of furniture that is high enough for it to fit under.

heart

heart on fire
I have no issue with eating a perfectly good piece of food off the floor IF it is within the five second rule. I am a firm believer in the fact that my reflexes would be nowhere near as good as they are if there was never a five second rule. There is nothing worse than a perfectly good cocktail shrimp falling to the floor only to be kicked under the nearest piece of furniture that is high enough for it to fit under.

Wet food will pick up whatever is down there on the floor the second it hits. :smile:My husband also believes in this five second rule, I don't what logic he thinks he basing it on though.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think it is logic more than it is doctrine. I didn't invent it, nor do I believe it, but it has been handed down, so I do it.

I am ashamed.

/runs away

heart

heart on fire
I don't think it is logic more than it is doctrine. I didn't invent it, nor do I believe it, but it has been handed down, so I do it.

I am ashamed.

/runs away

Husband will also rinse dishes without using soap on them if he eats something "quick" in them. Is this some kind of lore too I wonder?

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am totally scared of things like microscopic maggots in food that has been left out for more than a couple of hours and stuff like that, lol. If a piece of food drops on the floor I'll tear off the parts that touched the floor if I'm in a particularly good mood. Most of the time I'm not though, haha. I'm weird about dishes. I have to hand wash them and THEN put them in the dishwasher. If they look dodgy I clean them again.

One thing I thought I should mention is that my ENFP best friend doesn't like to take medicine. She says she can feel it circulating in her body and it freaks her out. Of course we both have bad anxiety problems. ;)

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I remember seeing a show on Discovery that said that the average human (not sure the actual statistics here) eats/breathes/ingests some 28 bugs a night while they sleep.

I have insomnia, so I take my bugs while I am awake. :)