User Tag List

First 5678 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I dunno, I'm sure this is related to ENFP somehow, I would guess that ENFP lends itself to being pretty open-minded about food. I never even had a problem eating 'vegetables' as a kid. I like vegetables.
    Haha. Well, strangely enough, I'm totally a picky eater. I taste everything, and so any complex dish scares me. Haha. Plain, boring foods are plenty exciting for me, and I'm not even a fan of veggies, though I will eat them when it comes down to it. A lot of normal foods I won't even touch. Yeech.

But that's not a clenliness thing. Just a tastebud thing.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

My best friend (ENFP) is definitely afraid of germs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Haha. Well, strangely enough, I'm totally a picky eater. I taste everything, and so any complex dish scares me. Haha. Plain, boring foods are plenty exciting for me, and I'm not even a fan of veggies, though I will eat them when it comes down to it. A lot of normal foods I won't even touch. Yeech.

But that's not a clenliness thing. Just a tastebud thing.
    Thanks for putting a dent in that theory.

Hahaha, that's my new favorite emoticon.

I guess I should have added that I have a horrible sense of smell and have trained myself not to smell anything. This also means I probably can't taste very well either...

Hahaha, but it does come in handy for for eating. I find very few tastes repulsive and with my curiousity, I like to try out popular international dishes and see what all the fuss is about. And with my stomach of steel, most of the time honestly, if I order something or someone makes me something to eat even if it doesn't look or taste so good, I'm just like 'meh' and I eat it. I have found only 1 or 2 things in my lifetime to be 'inedible'.

I remember I had dim sum once with a large group of friends and no one would eat the chicken feet! Hahahaha, except for me and the woman who ordered it especially off the menu for us in Cantonese.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

This thread reminds me of a skit George Carlin does about Germs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh, "Why do you not fear germs like a normal person?" I think this statement assumes that IxxJ's are normal people. Another question is why do IxxJ's worry so much about germs? Generally you only need to worry about germs if you have a cut or are ingesting something. Beyond that it's largely irrational. Even in the case of ingestion saliva and stomach acids kill most germs. Beyond some very simple precautionary measures germs are not worth worrying about unless you are in the medical profession.

It depends on one's personal immunity too. I used to catch colds and then get sinus infections at least once a month when I was working in an office. That made me more aware of hygeine and being careful of germs, believe me. I trained myself to not touch my face so much and also to be more conscious of how clean my hands are. It paid off.

My sister is diabetic often got bad stomach illnesses and then her doctor told her she had to be much more careful than the average person with cross contamination. She followed his advice, runs her kitchen like a lab almost and almost never has those problems anymore.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    To offer another NF perspective on germs:

I'm kind of mixed about germs. I do wash my hands after touching (or even just being near) anything that seemed gross (which I usually avoid), but I don't do so as a ritual throughout the day.

I may eat food off the floor if it looks clean enough, only after inspecting it, and no one else is looking. The absorbency of the food, the part that touched the floor (sometimes I discard it), and the feeling I get from looking at the food and the floor all play a role in whether I feel comfortable eating something that's fallen on the floor.
    What's up with INFJ and eating things that have fallen on the floor? If I drop something on the floor, I am not eating it, no way, sorry!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I have no issue with eating a perfectly good piece of food off the floor IF it is within the five second rule. I am a firm believer in the fact that my reflexes would be nowhere near as good as they are if there was never a five second rule. There is nothing worse than a perfectly good cocktail shrimp falling to the floor only to be kicked under the nearest piece of furniture that is high enough for it to fit under.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I have no issue with eating a perfectly good piece of food off the floor IF it is within the five second rule. I am a firm believer in the fact that my reflexes would be nowhere near as good as they are if there was never a five second rule. There is nothing worse than a perfectly good cocktail shrimp falling to the floor only to be kicked under the nearest piece of furniture that is high enough for it to fit under.
    Wet food will pick up whatever is down there on the floor the second it hits. My husband also believes in this five second rule, I don't what logic he thinks he basing it on though.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't think it is logic more than it is doctrine. I didn't invent it, nor do I believe it, but it has been handed down, so I do it.

I am ashamed.

/runs away

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I don't think it is logic more than it is doctrine. I didn't invent it, nor do I believe it, but it has been handed down, so I do it.

I am ashamed.

/runs away

Husband will also rinse dishes without using soap on them if he eats something "quick" in them. Is this some kind of lore too I wonder?