User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    GONE

I take it back and I am sooooo pissed right now.

One thing that I cannot abide re: sanitation or germ wise is animal doo-doo.

No thank you.

I just discovered tonight from my inebriated brother that his new dog has poo-ed in my room not just once, or twice, but at least THREE times on my wool Indian rug! And the last time apparently my brother didn't clean it completely or at all. He never told me any of this so I threw all my clothes on the floor (where the DOO DOO was) to clear off my bed and I slept in that room the last time I stayed over. THAT'S FUCKING DISGUSTING!

I was so pissed when he told me tonight that I found and picked up the remaining offensive remnants of doggie excrement with wads of tissue paper and threw it in his room. And of course, washed thoroughly afterwards. I told him if I find anything like that ever again in the house I would put it on his pillow and not tell him either. I tried to tell his dog not to do that again, but his dog just tried to eat the evidence.

I also threw EVERYTHING on the floor in the wash. I'm so disgusted and pissed off about that, because neither the clothes in question nor the rug are 'wash and wear' and mostly meant to be handwashed. And even after I wash them, they will be forever TAINTED in my mind.

To clarify, it's my room at my parents house and I have my own place elsewhere but that is still MY room with my stuff in it! And again -- THAT IS DISGUSTING. Just thinking of all the pathogens I must have inhaled last night makes me want to gag.

At first I was also really pissed at his dog but I realize the anger was misdirected. Razzin frazzin brothers...

Last edited by CzeCze; 12-05-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: I don't hate the dog

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I tried to tell his dog not to do that again, but his dog just tried to eat the evidence.
    HAH. *giggles for ten minutes*

But more seriously, that's not nice.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

I'll vouch that I have very little fear of germs. I mean I'll have the "that's kinda gross" conversation with myself in my head. But with most food it ends up "That's kinda gross...but I bet it tastes good...I'll go ahead and eat it"

My office mate just kinda laughs when I use any ink pen off my desk to stir my coffee.

I do however, always wash up with soap and water after the bathroom and before I cook food for other people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I find the fear of germs by a large % of people to be ridiculous. It's a fusion of the "just having a partial knowledge of something can be dangerous" effect with various irrational "purity" taboos.

Nearly all microbes that are all around us are perfectly harmless. Hell, we all have Strep bacteria in our mouths and Staph bacteria on our skin that are normally harmless, and our intestines need E. coli so we get Vitamin K. As long as you wash your hands reasonably often, cook your food thoroughly, and keep your home reasonably clean one should be fine, being obsessive about germs doesn't help much because of the Law of Diminishing Returns, and can even be counter productive. For example, anti-bacterial soaps can cause bacteria to become resistant to whatever antibiotic agent is in the soap, and one theory in the increase in the incidence of Asthma in recent years is that parents are so obsessed about protecting their kids from germs and other "dangers" that kids' immune systems don't develop the tolerance to common irritants in the environment.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Every ENFP I know is very laid back when it comes to eating stuff of the floor, washing their hands, etc.

Why do you not fear germs like a normal person? Is this just a trend in the small number of ENFPs I know?
    I'm a little ENFPish, and I def will eat shit off the floor. I ain't afraid of no germ! *cue Ghostbusters theme*

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wash my hands only when they actually feel dirty.

I'm sensitive to scents, and am grossed out by things that smell vile.

As far as germs go, their microscopic size along with their omnipresence allow me to accept that my immune system/luck will aid me against infection far more than the illusion of sterilizing my environment will.

In fact, I am of the sentiment that a good dose of exposure to germs helps to boost one's immune system.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

To offer another NF perspective on germs:

I'm kind of mixed about germs. I do wash my hands after touching (or even just being near) anything that seemed gross (which I usually avoid), but I don't do so as a ritual throughout the day.

I may eat food off the floor if it looks clean enough, only after inspecting it, and no one else is looking. The absorbency of the food, the part that touched the floor (sometimes I discard it), and the feeling I get from looking at the food and the floor all play a role in whether I feel comfortable eating something that's fallen on the floor.

I don't try hard to sterilize things with disinfectant or anything, though I do try to keep things picked up and presentable.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I wash my hands only when they actually feel dirty.

I'm sensitive to scents, and am grossed out by things that smell vile.

As far as germs go, their microscopic size along with their omnipresence allow me to accept that my immune system/luck will aid me against infection far more than the illusion of sterilizing my environment will.

In fact, I am of the sentiment that a good dose of exposure to germs helps to boost one's immune system.
    Exactly my thoughts!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicG View Post
    I'll vouch that I have very little fear of germs. I mean I'll have the "that's kinda gross" conversation with myself in my head. But with most food it ends up "That's kinda gross...but I bet it tastes good...I'll go ahead and eat it"

My office mate just kinda laughs when I use any ink pen off my desk to stir my coffee.

I do however, always wash up with soap and water after the bathroom and before I cook food for other people.
    Not really so much a germ thing but a personal levels thing -- I'll eat most anything, including food so fresh it fights with you on the way down. When I watch that show 'Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman', a lot of the time I"m like yeah I'd eat that. What, is that 'bizarre'?

What is and isn't considered 'gross' as far as what you put into your bodies is highly subjective and based on culture and personally familiarity. I find a lot of English language 'gross food lists' to be pretty culturallly chauvinistic. I'm neither a picky nor a close minded eater,relatively speaking

I dunno, I'm sure this is related to ENFP somehow, I would guess that ENFP lends itself to being pretty open-minded about food. I never even had a problem eating 'vegetables' as a kid. I like vegetables.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I'm an INFP, and I eat stuff of the floor all the time
    Especially if it's something sweet

But I always wash my hands after going to toilet, couldn't forget even if I tried. But otherwise I don't mind dirt and stuff.