User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Ok this being said, I am not a dirty person and I none of the enfp's that I know IRL are either. We are very clean and always look good around other people. My room is a bit messy but certainly not germy, dirty clothes go in the dirty clothes hamper and not on the floor (unless it's my jeans, they go a few weeks inbetween washes)

As far as food goes, yea whatever goes. I don't really give a crap unless I know the other person has a communicable disease!

MBTI
    Infx

Hmm. I enjoyed reading the couple posts about OCD. I didn't know a lot of that.

Aside from that.. I know an ExFx who's REALLY finicky when it comes to germs. And rather touchy about a lot of things, I also think he leans more towards the J though.

As for me, I'm not finicky at all. I used to lick dirt straight off my hands. I ate plants just because they looked cool. As long as the food isn't spoiled/moldy or having dirt or hair I can see and as long as it doesn't smell bad, I'm usually okay with it. A lot of times my friends don't trust things in my fridge because they know it's possible to be over a week old.... I'll still eat it though. I guess since I've never gotten any horrid horrid sicknesses, I've no reason to be scared yet.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not an ENFP, but I'm not afraid of germs at all either! I ate street food as soon as I set foot in Brazil and was fine, I eat things that have been sitting around as long as they aren't stale and don't have mold on them (that I notice- I've been unpleasantly surprized before!), I eat what's been dropped on the floor and I've been known to finish other people's drinks at bars (if I knew the person!)

Horrible, yes, but I'm alive and healthy!

I look at it as that I'm building up an excellent immune system!
    Me too! All my life I've eaten sketchy food, as long as it smells/tastes normal...mostly just because I'm reluctant to throw things out. I've definitely eaten tons of things that were "past their prime" or left out overnight or whatever...but I almost never get sick, and somehow I've never once gotten food poisoning.

I think many people are too paranoid about germs. Maybe not worrying about germs is a "laid-back" thing more than specifically type-related. And, I don't think it's "normal" to be afraid of germs....cautious at most, maybe.

I had an ESFP roomate in college who borrowed my toothbrush, deodorant, mouthwash (gave some of it back ), and razor.

MBTI
    INFP

Default This thread cracks me up!!!

That spider story freaked me out, but that was hilarious!!!

My INTP son... bless his heart! If I take a drink from his glass (or use his straw), the drink is mine!

Sometimes I just enjoy messing with him!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

T_T Yeah, I don't see why people get all caught up about stuff like this. I rarely wash my hands after using the bathroom when I'm not in public. Not only is it a waste of water, but it makes your hands all cold. Unlike pee.

It bothers me how people drop food all the time and just leave it. And the ground that it is dropped on is almost always spotless too. How wasteful can you get? If it's wet and it drops, I usually just scrape off the wet side and eat it.

Note: I will eat anything. The stuff that my friends don't want they give to me to finish off. The thing is, my stomach is quite sensitive. I puke a lot...but I'm used to it. Discovering an insect in my bottle after finishing a drink (this did happen to me before actually, it was a wasp), will still make me feel highly uncomfortable...but I do get over it, eventually.

Oh, and one other thing is that after I leave buses, I like to use hand sanitizers. This is because I chew my fingernails obsessively, and also because I'm pretty sure I can *feel* the stickiness and bacteria from the hundred of previous human body parts that had touched what I touched during my stay in them.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFP

Default I'm not a germaphobe nor OCD, however...

Oh, for the record... there is no 5-second rule in my home. Even with socked feet (we don't wear shoes in the house), food goes straight to the trash.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My ENFP friend is really not okay with germs. If she is folding laundry and it touches the floor, she will rewash whatever it was.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Every ENFP I know is very laid back when it comes to eating stuff of the floor, washing their hands, etc.

Why do you not fear germs like a normal person? Is this just a trend in the small number of ENFPs I know?
    My best friend is an ENFP and we met each other because of our ex-hand sanitizer obsession.

My friend could just be one-in-a-million ENFPs though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    The use of antiseptics is a major deterrent in the spreading of communicable disease. This could all come tumbling down because an ENFP really wants that oreo that rolled across the floor.
    LOL! A plague wipes out civilization! All because of an ENFP and an Oreo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]