User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Thread creation is only a few clicks away. Then you can talk as long as you want about forgiveness.
    hmhm

------------------------------

*talks to self*: why does she want me to create a thread ? Because I create so many threads or have I created a thread about forgiveness once ? Still what do Ts and forgiveness have in common with ? Answer cryptic dont show you are confused !!!

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    1. When someone does something that hurts you or another can you forgive them?
    Yes. I probably am too forgiving. I can only think of one person I haven't forgiven in my life. Although, if the person refuses to admit the harm/hurt they have caused, I have a tendancy to harbor resentment for a long time...aknowledgement of one's mistakes is the key to me quickly forgiving them.

2. How important is intent/motive? Can you forgive them if they hurt someone unintentionally vs intentionally hurting another?
    Very in terms of how quickly I am able to forgive.

3. Is there a limit to how many times you forgive for the same offense?
    Yes and no. Someone can do the same thing over and over again and I can still forgive them, but I would probably withdraw emotionally and/or physically in order to protect myself since a pattern of behavior suggests I will be repeatedly hurt.

This.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    hmhm

*talks to self*: why does she want me to create a thread ? Because I create so many threads or have I created a thread about forgiveness once ? Still what do Ts and forgiveness have in common with ? Answer cryptic dont show you are confused !!!

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
    It's ok, hon. I forgive you.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

For me, most things either fall into the "there's nothing much to forgive" category (ie. they hardly caused offense at all) or the "extremely difficult to forgive" category.

The latter doesn't happen often, but it has happened when someone has repeatedly treated me with disrespect, taken advantage of my (usually!) good nature, shown that they don't value me and respect my feelings...and also it doesn't help if I have emotionally over-invested in the person.

Under those circumstances, it seems I may never entirely forgive them. Even if they tendered some sort of apology. Like I said, this has only happened a few times, but in a couple of cases, it has lasted for years, so...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    It's ok, hon. I forgive you.
    You know the sound the cogs make if someone tries to shift into the reverse gear of a manual car without hitting the clutch ?

gggggggggggrrrrrrrräääääääääääääääpppppppppppppppp pppppp
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuiiiitttt tttttttttttttt

The gearbox will never forgive you !!!!!!

But since we are talking about it, I occassionally remind my girlfriend nowadays that she failed to donate me a gift for christmas. That was six years ago, the christmas after we knew each other for 2 months and she didnt know what to donate me.

But I forgive her, I dont really need a x-mas gift... noone really needs that...there are much nicer things to express your love than... pff x-mas gifts... I can perfectly live without x-mas gifts !!!

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Usually. I'm pretty lenient.

Even if it's something major, I do my best to work through it, because when I don't forgive someone all this resentment builds up...and that's not good at all.

2. How important is intent/motive? Can you forgive them if they hurt someone unintentionally vs intentionally hurting another?

Depends. Some things done unintentionally can have worse outcomes than things done intentionally, sometimes.

So I guess for me it's some mixture of intent and consequences.

Maybe? I mean, if somebody kept doing something over and over that they knew was a problem...they would be forgiven, over time, but they might not get to be in my life anymore.

Kind of like my father, for example. He's screwed up over and over (and will most likely continue to do so). I've forgiven him, and I'm civil to him and get along with him just fine. But I will never trust or rely on him, and will never have a true relationship with him. There's this wall I've had to put up to protect myself emotionally. But I've forgiven him, and will continue to do so...because I also understand that he didn't have the best childhood.

I've just kind of learned to accept the situation as it is, and move on.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

With time and communication, yes.

I can forgive for both. In each case, the person needs to recognize what they did, why it was an issue, and seek to change it. People who unintentionally hurt someone have the same ability to do it over and over again (maybe even more ability to do so at times.)

It depends on the person and situation. I will start being more abrupt and withdrawn if an issue keeps up. I may even blow a fuse at a point if it's that bad.

Can I say something too ?
    *raising the arm* ahmahmahmahm !!!!
    This was obnoxiously cute, especially with that avatar
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    I forgive if someone shows they want forgiveness. If they don't, or if it was really bad on their part, I'll just look at it very logically with preservation (of self or other person) in mind. If fire burn, then don't stick your hand in the fire and preserve a certain distance.

I will forgive them more easily if it was unintentionally. But I will lecture them about it so that they grow aware of it in the future.

I never had to deal with this scenario on my life. I think it's because I interact with people in a way that doesn't make them take my trust for granted, from day one.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Depends on what they did, and their intentions. Sometimes I forgive, other times it can be hard, especially if my trust is betrayed.

Motive is very important to take into consideration. Unintentional hurting, perhaps a bit easier to forgive, but depends on the context of the situation.

I have the 3 strikes you're out policy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

ā€œThoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.ā€
    ā€• Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w4

Yes, often. It definitely dependents on how badly they hurt me, but generally if given time I forgive.

Crucial. Unintentional actions that cause pain are easier to forgive than intentionally hurting someone. To consciously know you have caused someone pain disgusts me. When I do something that I know really hurts someone I don’t forgive myself easily.
    Although, I can forgive cruel remarks in the heat of the moment. I generally let those go easily if I see the person has shown remorse of some sort.

Yeah, I feel like after a few times you should know better. Although, to be honest, I don’t know an exact number, it depends on the offense and how horrible it is.

”Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” Mark Twain.