User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFJ

I read in a Type book once (can't remember which one) that INFJ's can be so sensitive to what's going on with other people that they'll pick up on negative things that the other people may not even be aware of themselves and it'll make the INFJ's so uncomfortable that they can't be around the other people. How fair is that?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    I read in a Type book once (can't remember which one) that INFJ's can be so sensitive to what's going on with other people that they'll pick up on negative things that the other people may not even be aware of themselves and it'll make the INFJ's so uncomfortable that they can't be around the other people. How fair is that?
    I'm the reverse. I'm so self absorbed that I'm UNaware of even the obvious things sometimes. Maybe its the difference between male and female INFJs? (I refuse to believe that gender does not effect how a type works)

It's interesting when I read Dean Koontz novels because, since his characters could fit in any type, I read the main character as a balanced INFJ (Even though he's just a 'Good Man') and try and model how I view the world to be something similar to his. It's actually given me a role-model that isn't living, because I see words more clearly than people; probably because I play too much MMOs.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    Yes, it's like I can't just look at someone without seeing a clear picture of his deeper psychology. But I sometimes wonder if this is not just my fantasy; because I'm so used to seeing those things, I just expect to see it all the time.

So what's basically on my mind, when I talk with someone, is my impression of his deep emotional states, and indeed I sometimes wonder if the person himself is aware of them.

I also see (or have the impression that I do) someone's energy flowing 'towards' or 'away from' me, forming either good or bad thoughts about me. I'm basically a self-confident person (I don't have feelings of inferiority) but seeing this happening all the time still makes me insecure.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Omg, but the INFJ and INFP people I know are the nicest people I've ever met!

Are you telling me they're really sad inside?

Yes, we may be sad inside sometimes.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I'm the reverse. I'm so self absorbed that I'm UNaware of even the obvious things sometimes. Maybe its the difference between male and female INFJs? (I refuse to believe that gender does not effect how a type works)

It's interesting when I read Dean Koontz novels because, since his characters could fit in any type, I read the main character as a balanced INFJ (Even though he's just a 'Good Man') and try and model how I view the world to be something similar to his. It's actually given me a role-model that isn't living, because I see words more clearly than people; probably because I play too much MMOs.
    Ha.. I am big Fan of Dean Koontz and I am convinced he is aware of MBTI and have made the same observation.
    I also think Koontz himself might be an INFJ.. his female characters vary more often than his males do.. but he sure loves his NF's

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Any type can be sad inside. But with INJF's we tend to over-analyse it all. We obsess on feelings and people the way other types obsess on say...proving a theorem or winning an argument.
    Your soul shines in hasty splendor
    Come see the spark,
    Come feel the surrender. --Qp

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Today I am despising it, too. Altho, not because of having a hard time having fun. I'm tired of being told how to be. Be more outgoing, be more assertive, be less sensitive. I got a lot of that today.

But I'm just me.

I know we all feel unappreciated at times. And usually I can take criticism alright, but I'm hosting a very small pity party tonight.:smiley_violin: Its a limited engagement.

On a funnier note, when I first read this thread title, I thought it was going to be a non-INFJ bashing us.
    No, you INFJ are perfect the way you are. Don't let anyone change you!

If it helps, I think INFJs have the purest, most heart touching and sincere smiles of any type. It's like you guys actually care and are reaching out to help.

Granted, I only know 2 confirmed INFJs, those being my grandmother and a friend. When we talk, we actually have meaningful conversations on whole other plane.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Omg, but the INFJ and INFP people I know are the nicest people I've ever met!

Are you telling me they're really sad inside?
    I'm entertained. Is this a joke?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    After all, there's no "e" in "intuition."
    On the under hand, there are "E"s in NEIL, PETE and STEVE.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm entertained. Is this a joke?
    If people tell me they're fine, I just assume they're fine. Even when they're crying.

Me: *walks by*
    Me: "Hey you're crying."
    Person: *sobs*
    Me: "Are you ok?"
    Person: "I'm fine!"
    Me: "Okay."
    Me: *walks pass*