• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Adjectives

jamisloan

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm wondering which adjectives most people describe you as... if you had to narrow it down to one word, which word is used the most when people describe you?

Also, which adjective is your favorite to hear? Which word makes you feel good inside to be described as?

I hear weird A LOT. At least once a day and within the first week of meeting someone they call me weird. And random.

My favorite is quirky. I love when someone says I'm quirky. :happy2:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Probably annoying, oblivious, weird, and odd.

Quirky is a positive sounding word for weird. I'll be quirky too! I like it!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This thread has high potential for fun...
(at least in my opinion :cheese:)

Usual examples:
Ridiculous. Calm. Abrasive. Complex. Dorky. Observant. Stalkerish.
The most common would be observant or stalkerish. (the truth tromps on whether that's a real word or not)

I think i prefer either ridiculous or abrasive. I also frequently hear that i know myself well, but no one says that in an adjective form :tongue:

jamisloan

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This thread has high potential for fun...
(at least in my opinion :cheese:)

Usual examples:
Ridiculous. Calm. Abrasive. Complex. Dorky. Observant. Stalkerish.
The most common would be observant or stalkerish. (the truth tromps on whether that's a real word or not)

I think i prefer either ridiculous or abrasive. I also frequently hear that i know myself well, but no one says that in an adjective form :tongue:

haha maybe complacence or self-complacent? hmmm. :thinking:

I like ridiculous.
I don't think I would be too keen on someone calling me abrasive though... I would rather be called aggressive I think. When I think of abrasive I think of bleach staining clothes and a very strong smell... haha.

Lightyear

I get inspirational once people know me a bit better.

Also weird but in a good way

gromit

likes this
Cute... UGH. And fun/funny.

I would like it if people described me as thoughtful, though.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Reserved and its less flattering synonym: quiet.

Also sometimes cute and adorable. As a man, sometimes I feel guilty by immensely enjoying being described like that. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
My sweetheart has told me I'm:
elegant
strong
untouchable
angelic

My mother says I'm:
articulate
intellectual
a teacher
a freeloader

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Things I hear: quiet, complicated, uptight, lazy , rigid, aimless, intelligent, plain, sensitive, creative, critical, pushy

What I like to hear: I'm not sure. I despise the negative stuff, but don't really grasp the positive.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Often: thoughtful, loyal, intelligent, dependable, creative, pretty, graceful, patient
Definitely: slow, laid-back, shy, complicated, silly, ridiculous
And also: lazy, stubborn, naive, pushy, insensitive, blunt, argumentative

No real preference for any one of the "positive" ones.

D

Dali

Cute. Nice.

Way to emasculate me.

I like when I get told I'm funny or insightful. My absolute favorite has to be when my departmental dean in uni described me as "extremely genteel, intelligent and possesses a remarkable flair for the English language". I felt like I was walking on clouds for an entire hour afterwards. :)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Heartless bitch is one that comes to mind. I also get baby-eater sometimes.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Weird. I love "weird"! :)

People who don't know me well think I'm friendly, polite, nice, and I always hate that.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I always get "detached." Always. That's probably the most frequent, followed up by "laid-back" and "calm."

Then there's "quiet," "private," "reserved," "cautious," "dry," and "shy."

If I'm lucky, I'll get "logical," "sensible," "thoughtful," "intelligent," and "hilarious." Of course I like those most but I don't get them as often as the above two sets of terms.

On the negative side (and these don't turn up as often, thankfully) I get "unreliable," "lazy," "careless," "disorganized," "disrespectful," and "unmotivated."

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
"Chill"
"Detached"
"Crazy"
"Laid-back"
"Stoned"
"High"
"Mean"
"Funny"
"Tall"
"Messy"
"Lazy"
"Cool"

I always get "detached." Always.

Me too. And it would really piss me of, but..

edit: uh oh, too detached to realize this was for NFs. And I'm too cool to care.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
edit: uh oh, too detached to realize this was for NFs. And I'm too cool to care.

Psst.. don't tell the others, but i think seeing some variation from different types is neat-o ;)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Most common is nice/sweet in a backhanded complimentary sort of way

Examples
Boss : William, you are too nice. You should be more assertive especially to your subordinates

Older married colleague : You are so sweet. If I was still single, I'd take you home with me

I also get called a spoilsport and anti-social a lot for some reason...

ES** colleague : William, we've planned a paintball session this Saturday. It'll be lots of fun and will foster teamwork among us
Me (thinking) : Oh yeah, wearing thick, heavy padded clothes under a hot sun and shooting at each other. Realllll fun....
Me (out loud) : Sorry. I've got my regular Step class at my gym
ES** colleague : You're so anti-social

What I enjoy most being called (besides brilliant/genius/smart) is weird/eccentric

Example
In a cinema watching Transformers 2 and there is a serious scene where they are trying to explain that the universe is gonna end if Megan Fox didn't show up (or something like that)
Me : (Cannot stop laughing at how ridiculous and predictable it all is)
Friend : You're weird

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Quick, extraverted, abrasive, friendly, energetic, pedantic, funny

if-when somebody gets in touch with my Ni side, I usually get told I'm weird, complicated, intellectual, smart. I try to avoid showing that side to random acquaintances, though.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Adjectives Others Have Given Me:
  • Quirky [like the OP]
  • Witty
  • Perceptive
  • Odd
  • Scatter-brained
  • Imaginative
  • Warm
  • Aloof
  • Sweet
  • Sharp [as in "smart"]
  • Endearing
  • Refined
  • Weird
  • Intimidating
  • Bright
  • Inattentive
  • Dry
  • Poised
  • Quiet
  • Ridiculous
  • Biting [as in "caustic"]
  • Open
  • Idealistic
  • Timid
  • Artistic
  • Graceful
  • Hilarious
  • Considerate
  • Interesting [albeit said in a slightly condescending way]
  • Mysterious
  • Engaged
  • Optimistic
  • Pessimistic
  • Cynical
  • Reserved
  • Cute
  • Freaky [as in "eccentric"]

The most prevailing ones are probably weird, imaginative, anti-social, and quirky. I also get "cute" a lot. That can be aggravating. Some of these adjectives are much more plausible than others, anyway. I mean, refined? C'mon. That guy was obviously hitting on me and couldn't find anything else to say. :rolleyes2: