451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^fwiw i don't think you're weird at all
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I doubt a lot of things when evidence, expirence, and behavior are not condusive to consitency.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I doubt a lot of things when evidence, expirence, and behavior are not condusive to consitency.

I think this is true for a lot of people.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    +1. It also appears that I'm enneatype 6. Poor me.

No wonder I'm a self-doubting, second-guessing nervous wreck so much of the time, although even when I'm like that, I still apparently appear to others to be a serene and peaceful INFJ. Perhaps internalizing everything isn't such a good thing, though it seems to make me someone others like having around.

As far as the OP, it kind of depends on the situation, though providing patience, consistency and reassurance are all good things. But in my case, it tends to take me a long long time to make up my mind if the matter is really important. It takes a lot of soul-searching, prayer, over-analyzing, and finally gives way to a feeling that the decision I'm making IS the best one, all things considered.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mangosandpies View Post
    so question for ya'll here: how do you make an infj stop doubting something? infjs are overanalytical, i know that for a fact, but how do you get them out of their own little cloud world where they want 100% security and certainty about everything?
    I learned about a martial arts term this week, called 'shishin'.

Shishin essentially means 'a stopped mind', where your mind focuses on one particular issue. It is considered a negative thing, where your mind stagnates while mulling the same issue over and over. It is also considered much better for your mind to keep flowing. If you move on to other thoughts, fresh ideas and answers might come to you at a later time.

I could identify with the term, as I do sometimes become anxious and stuck on a particular issue, and it causes me stress and terrible sleep.

Basically, I need to remind myself (or have somebody else remind me) to let my mind flow. I need to let go the false sense of control that I create by needing a decision right away, and trust that I things will work out for the best.

It helps me to have somebody there who will reassure me that everything will be okay, and lighten my mood with some distracting jokes and conversation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post

As far as the OP, it kind of depends on the situation, though providing patience, consistency and reassurance are all good things. But in my case, it tends to take me a long long time to make up my mind if the matter is really important. It takes a lot of soul-searching, prayer, over-analyzing, and finally gives way to a feeling that the decision I'm making IS the best one, all things considered.
    I completely resonate with this. Currently I am working over different possibilities for transferring to a different college next year. It has been difficult for my friends to understand the ways in which I am having to work through this. For me the process essentially goes just how the way you put it. After I have spent all of that time I usually come to truly know that the decision I have made is the right one.