First 2345 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    Just another reminder as to why I love you so much, Pink.
    Thank you, my lovely guru.

Jae -- the Farmer's Market here in NC is a great place on the weekends. That and the sprawling rummage sales at the fairgrounds. I used to love hitting those with my dad and sister. Drag up all manner of crazy stuff.

Anyone else like ducking into antique stores? Makes me feel so much calmer when I'm surrounded by old things. I was raised/lived with a grandfather who would be well over 100 if he were still alive, and most of our furniture consisted of inherited antiques. I swear the pulse of time stopped when you stepped through our door. It was perpetually 1900, rolling backward to the Civil War. Whenever I feel agitated, I get among my old things and I feel grounded again. Or I drag another "homeless" old object back with me to add to the menagerie.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Pink,

A dear older friend (INTJ) just moved to Asheville, NC. The Smokies are so beautiful; recently saw Last of the Mohicans which was shot there, and the scenery was sublime. Great for getting in touch with oneself.

I've been a used and antiquarian bookseller for 27+ years. I grew up valuing books, feel at home around them, and love them as both historical artifacts and objects of beauty. My all-time favorite was a book of photographs from c. the Civil War called Six Men of the Revolution, the last six survivors of the War of Independence who were still living 87 years later. Man, talk about a book with historical resonance!

Jae Rae

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

pray while walking in the rain

I used to play music that would wrench my emotions all over the map, drink in every tone and mood till my head overloaded...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Pink,

A dear older friend (INTJ) just moved to Asheville, NC. The Smokies are so beautiful; recently saw Last of the Mohicans which was shot there, and the scenery was sublime. Great for getting in touch with oneself.

I've been a used and antiquarian bookseller for 27+ years. I grew up valuing books, feel at home around them, and love them as both historical artifacts and objects of beauty. My all-time favorite was a book of photographs from c. the Civil War called Six Men of the Revolution, the last six survivors of the War of Independence who were still living 87 years later. Man, talk about a book with historical resonance!

Jae Rae
    I've turned about 30 shades of envy green just reading this.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Ouch, I got neg repped for this comment and I was being completely honest.

I really do go out and talk to trees when I'm trying to get in tune with myself. I've mentioned that before on this forum.
    +1 to you...

Talking to trees is a good start. I listen to them more, along with the rest of nature. Many of them have been around for a hundred or more years longer than I have. Even trees that aren't there anymore have profound statements to make.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Conversations with good friends. Yoga. Meditation. Music (some, not all). Sweeping. Washing dishes. Lately, anxiety and confrontation.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    +1 to you...

Talking to trees is a good start. I listen to them more, along with the rest of nature. Many of them have been around for a hundred or more years longer than I have. Even trees that aren't there anymore have profound statements to make.
    That's a good one, Javs. When I would feel completely unmoored by anxiety or pain, I'd go outside and put my hands flat on the ground, wait until I felt material again. Or I'd go sit in my truck, Wyatt -- a safe place that smelled like my sister's welding leathers, faint hints of grease, horses and heat. Wyatt was a reminder of time when I was stronger and felt more defensible. Trees are good for grounding purposes too. They're alive and calming.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I play Final Fantasy VIII.
    I play Final Fantasy VI

..or cosplay from VIII, VI or IV. :3

And oh yeah, my parents are moving, so I had to go pick up some stuff of mine that was in the attic. This included my old rocking horse; a beautiful black wooden horse which I believe my dad made. It's big enough that I can still ride it. As ridiculous as I feel and it probably looks, I've found using it for a couple minutes is very relaxing.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    I play Final Fantasy VI

..or cosplay from VIII, VI or IV. :3

And oh yeah, my parents are moving, so I had to go pick up some stuff of mine that was in the attic. This included my old rocking horse; a beautiful black wooden horse which I believe my dad made. It's big enough that I can still ride it. As ridiculous as I feel and it probably looks, I've found using it for a couple minutes is very relaxing.

Ah, what a GREAT memory to have. Your dad made it for you too. I love that. My granddad bought me and Sis a rocking horse when we were little and I still love to look at it because it reminds me of him.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Tough for me to answer!! *Complete* Re-centering usually involves turning the computer off for 24-48 hours or more, and not being near the thing. I'm serious. As much as I love participating in forums and gaining insights from them, they also completely DE-center me. :-)

So totally recentering for me involves being aware of myself and my REAL surroundings, in the present moment. Not fake internet world. (No offense to anyone!) Then I can really focus in on 'zen' stuff and really dig into my life and where I'm at and where I'd rather be. No outside distractions!

And nature definitely does it for me. But I've posted enough about that elsewhere.

Journaling can often clarify things for me too.

And sometimes certain people/conversations really re-center me. Sometimes the opposite of reflection can be the antidote for me -- just BEING with people and doing activities that I enjoy, and interacting/conversing with people who stimulate me and push me in different directions or help me to see new things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ