User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you get in tune with yourself?

MBTI
    WOLF

To the OP:

I'll write or read Terry Pratchett. Otherwise I'll meditate or as a variation: go into myself, find the places that need to be smoothed over and visualise every body part from the inside, feeling the colours of each and try to keep mind and body on separate tracks until I have sufficiently anchored myself enough to feel like I'm me and my body is again part of that me. Or I'll go somewhere nice in my head, or I'll stare blankly into space until inspiration strikes.

I go for a solo hike or a long bike ride. Usually I try to find water, a solitary lake or creek. It makes it difficult currently living in AZ though, I gotta hike alot further round these parts to find agua!

MBTI
    INFJ

Remembering and thinking about my dreams, and sometimes trying to interpret them. Reading classic literature, or the Bible, or the poems of Gerard Manley Hopkins. Having a long, rambling conversation with an old friend. Praying to God. Listening to Switchfoot (my favorite band!).

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I immerse myself in a combination of classic rockabilly/punk to bring myself back up to "me" levels. This may take hours. I require a great deal of alone time every day.

I read D.H. Lawrence or anything by the Brontes.

I call my ENTJ friend and attempt to make her pee on herself laughing.

I mock my mother's kittens by showing them my opposable thumbs and pointing out their lack of said thumbs.

I write. A lot.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Remembering and thinking about my dreams, and sometimes trying to interpret them. Reading classic literature, or the Bible, or the poems of Gerard Manley Hopkins. Having a long, rambling conversation with an old friend. Praying to God. Listening to Switchfoot (my favorite band!).

I love Hopkins. As Kingfishers Catch Fire. Lovely. His play of words. My favorite is The Windhover.

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post

- I love watching art shows: "Voices and Visions" about poets, "Egg the art show" when it was on, "Simon Shauma's The Power of Art", "Art of the Western World" when it was on, and currently: "Art in the 21st Century." There is something about hearing about the creative development, practice, and discipline of other artists that inspires me.
    A great show! They always had something new and odd on there!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I love Hopkins. As Kingfishers Catch Fire. Lovely. His play of words. My favorite is The Windhover.
    Awesome!! "The Windhover" is my favorite, too. I also love "Spring" and "Binsey Poplars." A lot of my favorite trees were destroyed during Katrina, and "Binsey Poplars" became very special to me then. "As Kingfishers Catch Fire" is also cool.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I love the suspension in his words. He was really good at making them go airborne.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Free-Rangin' Librarian Array Jae Rae's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Talked to my daughter about this thread at dinner. We loved the Power of Art by Schama, which we watched together. She thought his voice was strange, but we were mesmerized by the artwork and the stories.

To get in tune with myself, I walk near the ocean, hills or lots of trees. Since I was a preteen, my favorite way of calming down has been walking and figuring things out. Adding nature makes it more relaxing. I also love swimming in pools or the ocean.

Relaxing and reading in my sunny bedroom. Browsing shelves in the library or at a bookstore. Choosing beautiful cards to send to friends. Talking in email or on the phone with people who make me laugh. Chatting with close friends.

My favorite Saturday morning activity is going to the Farmer's Market, tasting the homemade jams, having an excellent cup of coffee and a freshly baked woodfired scone, and chatting with the growers and friends I run into there. This sets me up for the rest of the day, as I plan a nice dinner with the produce I've bought.

Jae Rae

*ears perk up* Array wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post

I mock my mother's kittens by showing them my opposable thumbs and pointing out their lack of said thumbs.
    Just another reminder as to why I love you so much, Pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post

My favorite Saturday morning activity is going to the Farmer's Market, tasting the homemade jams, having an excellent cup of coffee and a freshly baked woodfired scone, and chatting with the growers and friends I run into there. This sets me up for the rest of the day, as I plan a nice dinner with the produce I've bought.
    That sounds SO NICE. I need to find a farmer's market around here.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I play Final Fantasy VIII.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast