User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    Wow. I do this too. My old roommate used to call it my fake nap.
    I can't function without my fake nap. =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I talk to trees.
    Ouch, I got neg repped for this comment and I was being completely honest.

I really do go out and talk to trees when I'm trying to get in tune with myself. I've mentioned that before on this forum.

From what I can tell already, neg rep is what people use when they are too cowardly to confront you directly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

blah blah blah...
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 12-30-2007 at 05:58 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I can't function without my fake nap. =(
    lol me either!! at least 20 minutes a day after supper, plus the hour bus ride home after school.

saturday morning? i "sleep in" till 11 am sometimes. (so what if i'm awake by 7:30?!)

edit: okay new thread about the Fake Nap.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    lol me either!! at least 20 minutes a day after supper, plus the hour bus ride home after school.

saturday morning? i "sleep in" till 11 am sometimes. (so what if i'm awake by 7:30?!)

edit: okay new thread about the Fake Nap.
    YES! I wake up early and "fake nap" (8-ish) for a couple of hours or so, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

For me the things that reconnect and inspire me are:

- Sitting by the sea. Just sitting, as close to the waves as I can get, usually on an old log. There's something about the rhythm of the surf that is like a heartbeat, or breathing. I wonder if it's the closest simulation of the womb we have once we are 'out.' Anyway, it slows my heartbeat, slows my breathing, slows my thoughts. It's vastness reminds me of both my smallness and my significance, it's consistency gives me hope. I always leave better off than I was when I arrived.

- Walking in nature. It's not just the green beauty around me. There is something about walking a path arched with trees that portends mystery and 'the great unknown' to me... what's around that next bend up ahead? It fills me with a sense of creative anticipation. It's also the rhythm of movement, of steady walking*.

- I do like the poems of ee cummings and Rumi. Both of them seem to put me into a transcendent zone.

- I love watching art shows: "Voices and Visions" about poets, "Egg the art show" when it was on, "Simon Shauma's The Power of Art", "Art of the Western World" when it was on, and currently: "Art in the 21st Century." There is something about hearing about the creative development, practice, and discipline of other artists that inspires me.

Oops, one more:

- Dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and to a much lesser extent small children. These playful critters instantly connect me to my childlike self, the one which is full of optimism, play, openhearted acceptance, and joy. I need at least a weekly dose to keep me going. We have none of these ourselves, so I do have to make an effort to make this connection. I will say that cuddling with my partner will suffice in a pinch.

* They've actually done studies about EMDR and they found that any rhythmic, alternating left-right pattern of touch can calm the mind of anxiety. Here are some links:
    - METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR INDUCING ALTERNATING TACTILE STIMULATIONS - Patent 20020035995
    - BioPsychoSocial Medicine | Full text | Effect of juggling therapy on Anxiety Disorders in female patients.
    - Performance anxiety and many aspects

MBTI
    ENFP

I must try t his fake nap thing.

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    For me the things that reconnect and inspire me are:

- Sitting by the sea. Just sitting, as close to the waves as I can get, usually on an old log. There's something about the rhythm of the surf that is like a heartbeat, or breathing. I wonder if it's the closest simulation of the womb we have once we are 'out.' Anyway, it slows my heartbeat, slows my breathing, slows my thoughts. It's vastness reminds me of both my smallness and my significance, it's consistency gives me hope. I always leave better off than I was when I arrived.

- Walking in nature. It's not just the green beauty around me. There is something about walking a path arched with trees that portends mystery and 'the great unknown' to me... what's around that next bend up ahead? It fills me with a sense of creative anticipation. It's also the rhythm of movement, of steady walking*.

- I do like the poems of ee cummings and Rumi. Both of them seem to put me into a transcendent zone.

- I love watching art shows: "Voices and Visions" about poets, "Egg the art show" when it was on, "Simon Shauma's The Power of Art", "Art of the Western World" when it was on, and currently: "Art in the 21st Century." There is something about hearing about the creative development, practice, and discipline of other artists that inspires me.

* They've actually done studies about EMDR and they found that any rhythmic, alternating left-right pattern of touch can calm the mind of anxiety. Here are some links:
    - METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR INDUCING ALTERNATING TACTILE STIMULATIONS - Patent 20020035995
    - BioPsychoSocial Medicine | Full text | Effect of juggling therapy on Anxiety Disorders in female patients.
    - Performance anxiety and many aspects
    Anii. interesting that you should bring up anxiety and alternating left-right pattern of touch, tapping etc. I have an anxiety disorder that has been greatly relieve by seeing someone who uses this method, just in the last 2 weeks he has helped me so much. I feel like I'm getting back to my old self.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

If you are recalling a traumatic event, I heard that closing your eyes and moving your eyes left and right, back and forth, helps.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    If you are recalling a traumatic event, I heard that closing your eyes and moving your eyes left and right, back and forth, helps.
    helps to avoid it or helps to recall it?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    helps to avoid it or helps to recall it?
    It helps to lessen the emotional impact of the memory as a trigger. So that the next time you are confronted by a trigger, it has less effect on your stress response system. Usually, a trigger in PTSD will set off a whole series of physical/emotional/behavioral events, which cause significant social or emotional distress.