User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

They are almost exactly the same, it's hard to tell them apart.

(this is a joke)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    i don't know. i don't want to be that sensitive!
    Why not?

(It's not like it's a bad thing, every type has its giftings.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

sigh... i wish i could make up my mind about my type. i think i want to be INFP, because in a way it's more me and also what i've tested the last couple of times, but i can't because i'm not sure... and to tell you the truth... i'm a bit scared to be INFP. lol
    Your descriptions of your values above sound INFP.

What would you do if what was socially expected of you by respected family/friends clashed with your personal values?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

they never do. i don't have friends/ family who think they're better than someone else (i mean value themselves higher as human beings), or think that life doesn't matter, or think that there are people who don't have anything to give... i haven't personally met people like that yet. on the internet i have, but i think there's something wrong with those people, lol. i like real people... i like positivity at the core... i don't like meanspirited stuff, like bitterness... what good did that ever do anyone?

i concider myself an openminded person. i'm pretty laid back and unconventional... i don't mind different views on things, or different ways to live, or express yourself.

i don't think being too sensitive is good for you, or the people around you. you always have to have your feet on the ground, even if your head is in the clouds (and that means you're living your life in the smog, lol... i borrowed that from a poster)

yes, so... i've just decided not to live in fairytale land, to keep my head on straight. sometimes i sneak in there while listening to music. it's like a guilty, solitary pleasure of mine...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Sounds like balanced INFP to me, but hypothetically, what would you do if the above moral clash that I asked about happened?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    They are almost exactly the same, it's hard to tell them apart.

(this is a joke)
    thank you, that was very informative.

(just messing with you )

anyway, to simulatedworld... when i encounter an attitude like that, i usually just let it be and can't be bothered. if i feel that it affects someone (it does, but i can't take it to heart too much... those are encounters), i usually try to figure out what the problem is. usually it's the bitter people, who have the problem, you know... people usually just wish to connect with themselves and with others... that's my take on it, anyway. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. i don't sweat it, or let it affect me too much. i do what i can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

INTPs are just INFPs who are ashamed of being feelers

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

lol... maybe i'm a Ti using INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

lol... maybe i'm a Ti using INFP.
    well, it could be you use Fi+Te to replicate Ti. I proposed this sort of idea in a thread about a week ago. Functions can bounce off each other to look like other functions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    well, it could be you use Fi+Te to replicate Ti. I proposed this sort of idea in a thread about a week ago. Functions can bounce off each other to look like other functions.
    While it's an interesting idea, I don't think type dynamics are well researched or proven enough to make it worth changing definitions of the nature of the functions in order preserve the "standard" type patterns for a given type. There are already several competing models for functional patterns out there, so if you don't exactly fit one model it's not the end of the world. If something acts like Ti and doesn't act like the other functions, I'd rather call it Ti rather than bending over backwards to preserve a particular functional pattern.

As someone who struggled a bit with possible Ti usage from the INFP side of the divide, I'd say read about the individual functions and identify with what you identify with. Just keep an open mind and be honest with yourself. I think typology can be a valuable tool for introspection, but if it stops being useful don't get too hung up on it.