User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I still think this is al right:-

Quote Originally Posted by past erm View Post
    Take the following with a grain of salt:-

Don't expect any short term differences on the outside. They'll both be cold observers and very analytical, thinking a lot before acting. Over the long term, INFPs will generally warm up a lot faster than INTPs, and become much more hands-on and confident. INTPs will usually keep the analytical observer thing going strong. Generally, I think INFPs will be a lot more consistent in their life patterns (very long term), sticking to values, whereas INTPs may jump around seeking competency in many things (NT), and are generally much less value driven, leading to much less consistency in their lives, overall.

As for short term on the inside, well it's all about the comparison between introverted feeling and introverted thinking. Fi will naturally try and get involved in a situation first, and then stay back second (takes training to change). For Ti, vice versa. Fi constantly analyses things in reference to values, or more generally, in reference to the subject. ("How do I fit into this? How do they fit into this?") Ti analyses with no such reference ("What goes on here? How does this work?"). Value based analysis normally refers to the question "what should I do?", with little care about other people's answers to that question. This leads to a lot of Ti analysis, but only in so far as it helps an Fi dominant discover how to serve their values. Likewise, Ti might analyze a person's own values, but only in so far as understanding them. It's really an ineffable thing to experience, internal detachment vs internal attachment. Like I said, both are externally detached.

Fi+N is more imaginative, in a fairytale sense.
    Ti+N is more imaginative, in a theorising sense.
    They seem to converge over time, judging by some of the older members on this site, but always keep the same essence.

Again, this is just educated guesswork on my part. At least, I like to think it's educated.
    I'd add that Primary Fi's most common activity is altering emotions and internal activity to fit an ideal of some sort. Primary Ti's is taking data and fitting it into a subjective framework of understanding, usually altering that framework in accordance. Both enact strong internal changes, but in those different ways.

It's hard to go wrong with Jung's descriptions as well.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i just remembered one thing that happened last weekend with my infp friend. we were taking some photos and i said something like this: damn i wish i could get like 4 meters in the air and take picture of that forest (few second pause), they should invent a machine that lets me levitate in air.
    my infp friend answered: heh i thought that it would be cool if i could fly(using magics) and take the picture when you started talking about taking picture from the air
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

When I see these threads now I start to sarcastically chuckle because people repeat the same contradictory conceptions that have been said many times. I wish there was a practical way to categorize, but I wouldn't even begin to confidently understand what underlying principles hold universally for each difference.

However, in an effort to enjoy wasting time and try to be constructive and try to find an underlying principle that hasn't been stated before, I will say that it is important to define Fi vs Ti in terms of what a person would feel more comfortable being when around people that are not close to them. Because let's face it...anyone can be ethical...and most people regardless of type have emotions that can be used to deal with conflict in themselves and other people (I say most to account for people who have a complete or more psychopathic makeup, which can fall under any type)...and when around people you are very close to you are going to be a lot more open and vulnerable with feelings and thoughts because that's what it means to trust someone and be close to them.

So, in conclusion...I would have to think...at a more basic level...we have some considerations on type that need to be properly address from the following.

1. Feelers are ethical and thinkers are not ethical.
    2. Feelers are emotional and thinkers are not.
    3. Feelers are empathetic and thinkers are not.
    4. Feelers don't think as much as thinkers.

It seems like for the most part people tend to type themselves based on filling in which of the above they are mostly like, but what I'm coming into realizing is that it has a bit more to do with emotional reciprocation. A feeler is going to enjoy activities that focus around forming a rapport because that is what they are good at. It would seem natural to want to involve themselves in activities that build this. And a thinker will not have as good a natural rapport with people and will prefer activities that they are more successful at that do not require a strong focus on rapport, such as communication through writing, email, and more formal, frank, and to the point discussion that aids in the fulfillment of a goal not related to rapport.

Alright I'm done.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Fi+N is more imaginative, in a fairytale sense.
    Ti+N is more imaginative, in a theorising sense.
    They seem to converge over time, judging by some of the older members on this site, but always keep the same essence.
    The bolded part is important to remember.

People are constantly change and sculpted by their life experiences, so sometimes it becomes harder and harder to recognize initial instincts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i just remembered one thing that happened last weekend with my infp friend. we were taking some photos and i said something like this: damn i wish i could get like 4 meters in the air and take picture of that forest (few second pause), they should invent a machine that lets me levitate in air.
    my infp friend answered: heh i thought that it would be cool if i could fly(using magics) and take the picture when you started talking about taking picture from the air
    That makes me a T. Except I would be imagining how to invent the machine.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

this has been helpful, thank you all

it was interesting what erm said about the mask and not recognizing it. i probably have an issue with that... but i am a little at loss with emotions, because they make no sense to me. the only way i have been able to come to terms with them more is to approach them with logic. i am good at using Fe and Ne, but Fi is a mystery to me. the whole idea makes me feel uncomfortable...

i have values that i've built on logic and i care and feel very deeply, though. many people just don't realize that.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Don't expect any short term differences on the outside. They'll both be cold observers and very analytical, thinking a lot before acting.
    Of myself and the several other INFP's I know, only one is remotely like a cold observer or very analytical, although they do all think a lot before acting. I suppose I could see how a typical INFP might come off that way to other types, or at least to non-NFs. I would expect an NF to know better.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

just my two cents. My intution tell me the OP is INFP. At least this is the vibe I get when I read her.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

you do? why is that?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The Amazing Spamtar knows all!

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    i probably have an issue with that... but i am a little at loss with emotions, because they make no sense to me. the only way i have been able to come to terms with them more is to approach them with logic.
    You tear them apart and try to analyze them?

i am good at using Fe and Ne, but Fi is a mystery to me. the whole idea makes me feel uncomfortable...
    I always feel like I jumped off a cliff without a parachute when I go by values I can't support from the external world/logic model in some way. It's one reason why being part of an organized religion for so long eventually became unbearable.

i have values that i've built on logic and i care and feel very deeply, though. many people just don't realize that.
    That sounds familiar.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft