User Tag List

First 2101112

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    Hope you don't mind me quoting you Fluffywolf.
    Gave me a good idea of how I could present a contrast between
    the INFP and INTP.

Well here it shows how you make a decision for the best course of action via reason.

I'm going to use a real life decision I had to make. *how I was going to greive over someone close that passed*

For me as an INFP I've looked at things in the sense of what would be better for self growth/honoring like Outcome A says avoid the pain and never understand the reasons behind why it happened so thus spend my whole life searching for answers but not in a healthy manor via unhealthy relationships/attachments/ bad decisions cause the underlying reason is not understood.

Outcome B tells me to go through the pain no matter how much it causes me sleepless nights/fear/anxiety etc. Cause in the end at least I'll have confronted my demons and won't be looking for the answers where they won't be. I search for the truth as to be self honoring to heal.

I chose Outcome B cause Outcome A sounded horrible to put myself through that over ocA. So pretty much told myself " if the pain/internal harmony goes unresolved then it will show up in any bad decisions/attachements later on."

Sound like following Reason or following internal harmony first?

Hope this provides a way to see how their different .
    That quoted example wasn't the contrast, how we deal with the consequences was the contrast. The part you quoted was just a cause that leads up to it. Like Cybin said, unless I give specifics, that example could go the way I said it would with every MBTI type. I didn't, because I wasn't trying to make an example specific for INTP's. I just made a cause and said how INTP's deal with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but INFP's are much more likely to drag their feelings along. And being influenced by the consequences drastically different from how INTP's deal with it. For INTP's, reason is law. We'll try everything we can to diminish the pain through by any means neccesary, as long as it is reasonable. If we conflict with our own reason, that's when we'd truly feel hurt. Whereas an INFP might be able to accept not having gone with reason if the outcome was somehow overall 'better' to their Fi.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    That quoted example wasn't the contrast, how we deal with the consequences was the contrast. The part you quoted was just a cause that leads up to it. Like Cybin said, unless I give specifics, that example could go the way I said it would with every MBTI type. I didn't, because I wasn't trying to make an example specific for INTP's. I just made a cause and said how INTP's deal with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but INFP's are much more likely to drag their feelings along. And being influenced by the consequences drastically different from how INTP's deal with it. For INTP's, reason is law. We'll try everything we can to diminish the pain through by any means neccesary, as long as it is reasonable. If we conflict with our own reason, that's when we'd truly feel hurt. Whereas an INFP might be able to accept not having gone with reason if the outcome was somehow overall 'better' to their Fi.
    Got ya ;D.

What do you mean by reason?

As an INfP I came to the conclusion of dimishing the pain the best way possible was to just deal with it and face it head on.

Personally I saw all the problems that could happen if I didn't so I decided It'd be best to face it. Like unresolved pain would show up in a negative way later on if I didn't deal with it while it was happening.

For instance if I don't it may show up in bad relationship decisions/ bad career decisions/not resolving the root of why things are the way they are and why I'd be angry or resentful of some actions. I always try to get the root of the cause of something.

Through facing it head on came with facing what was a chain reaction from something that happened. Mother and I had abit of a strained relationship which I realized I was obviously angry with her over something(s). So find the reason(s) why it was happening and try to resolve it as to avoid further complication. Hence why I told myself it's best to face feelings head on rather then ignore them.

Sorry if I repeat myself. Had a hard time describing this.

Maybe that's dragging feelings along? To me that's my idea of reasoning?

Reason is law... What do you see as reason? I've always wondered what is "reason" to an INTP.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    GONE

INXPs can look remarkably similar at first glance or at work, where an INFPs quarternary...(did I just make that up?) Te kicks in.

The deep, 'gravity collapsing upon itself' nature of Fi can really make an INFP look INTP and the emotionality (another made up word) of INTPs can make them look INFP. I don't care what people say, I know plenty of emotive/emotionally expressive/and just plain emotional INTPs. It's not an insult.

Some people think Fi is warm - it's not. Especially in INFPs it can have more of a prickly, awkward quality. And INTPs can be...well...prickly and awkward.

LOL. Okay I'll stop with the unhelpful generalizations but really I'd like some answers myself.

I think also what you think of yourself as makes a huge difference. If you are programmed to be a thinker but think of yourself as a feeler it will really effect (affect?) how you seem to the world. Same if you are 'meant' to be a feeler but think you should act like a thinker.

I think one subtle difference is that INFPs are more prone to find things 'rude' while an INTP is not.

Also, once you get past an INXP's shell, the differences are more pronounced. Even though both may 'warm up' to you, there is something more detached in the way the INTP regards the matters of your relationship and feelings. It's generally harder on an INFP to apologize and an INTP will do it more matter of factly. An INFP all of sudden gets really gooey. Hmm.. maybe scratch that because INTPs can get gooey on you too, but there's just more of a sense of detachment? Or not as gooey-ness?

This isn't very helfpul, is it? LOL.

Some INFPs and INTPs are clearly different and are clearly T/F divide. But I think the INTP/INFP more than other 'type siblings' can look and act remarkably similar.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    INXPs can look remarkably similar at first glance or at work, where an INFPs quarternary...(did I just make that up?) Te kicks in.

The deep, 'gravity collapsing upon itself' nature of Fi can really make an INFP look INTP and the emotionality (another made up word) of INTPs can make them look INFP. I don't care what people say, I know plenty of emotive/emotionally expressive/and just plain emotional INTPs. It's not an insult.

Some people think Fi is warm - it's not. Especially in INFPs it can have more of a prickly, awkward quality. And INTPs can be...well...prickly and awkward.

LOL. Okay I'll stop with the unhelpful generalizations but really I'd like some answers myself.

I think also what you think of yourself as makes a huge difference. If you are programmed to be a thinker but think of yourself as a feeler it will really effect (affect?) how you seem to the world. Same if you are 'meant' to be a feeler but think you should act like a thinker.

I think one subtle difference is that INFPs are more prone to find things 'rude' while an INTP is not.

Also, once you get past an INXP's shell, the differences are more pronounced. Even though both may 'warm up' to you, there is something more detached in the way the INTP regards the matters of your relationship and feelings. It's generally harder on an INFP to apologize and an INTP will do it more matter of factly. An INFP all of sudden gets really gooey. Hmm.. maybe scratch that because INTPs can get gooey on you too, but there's just more of a sense of detachment? Or not as gooey-ness?

This isn't very helfpul, is it? LOL.

Some INFPs and INTPs are clearly different and are clearly T/F divide. But I think the INTP/INFP more than other 'type siblings' can look and act remarkably similar.
    No, I think it made some good points.

Along these lines, people must also remember that being more emotional includes negative emotion. It seems some expect an INFP to be sweet and warm, but the prickly, moodiness you describe is also emotion, just not positive emotion. INTPs may come off more even-tempered. My INTP uncle seems much friendlier than me in person, which people may read as "warmer" (although he's not really "warm" either). I come off a little more withdrawn and moody at times. Upon getting to know us, people will find I have much more passionate feeling and depth of emotion. My uncle remains steady and somewhat detached.

When it comes to relationships/feelings and discussing these, the INFP may finally show the warm and kind side of Fi. You just have to appeal to our empathy and/or earn our trust.

The apology thing is spot on - it's more emotional for an INFP to apologize, and also possibly harder. I'm talking big apologies, not "sorrys" because we stepped on your foot or ran late .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    idk
    Socionics
    sp

In my sight,
    the main difference between INTP and INFP is how they access / accept and process / judge the information they've recieved consciously / unconsciously.
    INTP could be very emotional, subjective and have strong value power,
    while INFP could be very logical, objective and have strong logic power
    (No man on Earth could be truly, precisely logical / objective for the words logical and objective is based on human-made systems mankind influence each other. Other things from outer space could see our logic and knowledge as nonsense).
    Myers-Briggs Type Indicator shows the preference of an individual,
    not the capacity of thinking / feeling / what-so-ever.
    I'll say it is rather evident in stating a certain individual's logical / objective possibilities / development / capacity could get better if he / she has T preference than F preference under the exact circumstances.
    Not even the interest is judged by types though it could give some possibilities
    that some type is likely to have what kind of interest.
    T is for logic-oriented and F is for value-oriented.
    So think for yourself comparing you focused more on logic or value whether it is right or not, good or evil.
    After all, it is you who judge your type. Not your type to judge you!
    Which gives the reason why I'm typed XNXP and I'm happy about it.

Post Script :
    INTP vs INFP preference seems to be the most discussed MBTI type crisis
    based on my experience which is subjective and personal(thinking statistic proof
    is the answer to the exact assertion and meaning my opinion could be bullshit).