User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    once I realized how much they meant to those other people, I could look at it in an Fi way: "this is what is important to him, and I respect (and maybe love) him, so I should respect his gesture
    Yup, that's where the empathy comes in to give people what they need.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'm not talking about taking away right to free speech or anything like that. You're free to have whatever opinions you like.

I'm just talking about social situations between families and friends involving small interpersonal issues. In these cases it's often more reasonable to set aside your own feelings for the sake of someone else's instead of insist dogmatically on having your way.
    Isn't it more advantageous to have access to both Fi and Fe attitudes? To have a sense of values, and be conscious and adherent of their importance in your personal life; but also have enough humility to be able to analyze the validity of your own understanding, and enough empathy to be capable of accommodating and putting yourself aside in order to reach a consensus when that makes the most sense? Dependency on either attitude could be circumstantially deleterious.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Isn't it more advantageous to have access to both Fi and Fe attitudes?

But, but, but, that's "impossible."

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    But, but, but, that's "impossible."
    We're all impossible.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's not impossible; it's just that one of the two (Fe or Fi) is always going to be much harder than the other. I don't buy that you're equally strong in both.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Sure, everyone has both. They just don't have both equally.

If you have Fe without Fi, you have no sense of self.

If you have Fi without Fe, you have no sense of others.

MBTI
    INFP

Dom/AuxFi typically has difficulty drawing the lines between what's good for the self and what's good for their self. Where Fe tends to focus on interactions and external moods in hopes of making peace travel inwards, Fi focuses internally to help that peace travel outwards. Ideally speaking, of course.

Young or immature Fi types do fall easily, especially in the prevalent environments that do no nurture such a quality, into thinking the way that they feel is the way that everyone feels. However, it is a very human quality to think that one knows best. This transcends type. Fi studies and analyzes itself first to give base to understand others. The point of maturity is past this point, but I do believe that it's essential to build this foundation. It's through development and mature use of the perceiving function to ensure the Fi user has the information needed to make adequate judgments based not on their own feelings, but what they feel is right. The difference between that is enormous. Of course, as humans, error is bound to happen.

Not to be redundant, but I want to continue the emphasis that I'm speaking in ideal terms. In a case where the Fi user is trampling over others or in the case of an Fi crusade, it occurs typically because the Fi user has felt that there are subjects (not necesarily themselves) who are being overlooked, taken advantage of, or what have you. Fi is a subject oriented judging process and is not inherently more selfish than any other. Although, as the process invlves knowing oneself it has very large pitfalls to be that way.

More to the topic at hand, I suppose. It seems to me that Fi types do speak about themselves. To some Fi's, this is an invitation to be let in more closely to them. Provided maturity, this also means they probably hope you reciprocate with your own thoughts and ideas to get to know you more closely.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    So in the past months the past two women ive been attracted to have 2 things in common..
    1. They were both xNFP, [one tested more E, one more I]
    2. I cant help but get the vibe they only want to talk about themselves.

Honest to god, one of them was a ginormous flirt, and was open about it, it was very obvious the relationship from her perspective was 90% eye candy and 10% communication. as all she wanted to seem to do when around me was talk about other boys she hangs out with and takes pictures of me.
    The other, relationship is a healthy 10% attraction and 90% communication. but the communication is always about her. when a topic is coming to a close its like she just keeps saying random shiz about her friends and stuff i already know and is just shouting awkward small talk. the connection is there but dear god does she really not care so much as to put off the topic of me?

insight? help?
    Actually they both sound ENFP to me because of the blah blah blah. I am guilty of this, and especially younger girls are going to do this, but I think it's a trait of the type to prattle on and I wouldn't necessarily say it's consciously being "selfish." The first girl you described sounds more immature, IMO, and maybe even insecure - like by talking about other boys she's trying to reassure herself of her attractiveness or try to make you jealous and "want her."

The thing the second girl is doing is probably trying to keep a connection or a vibe with you by continuing talking. She probably isn't even aware of what she's doing, but I can reassure you that she likes you and trusts you if she does this to you. That may not be comforting, but what I suggest is that you assert yourself more and bring up things you want to talk about. Be honest with her about how you feel, like she's not letting you talk about yourself. She may be embarrassed and not even realize that she's doing it, especially if you're a very quiet introvert she might think you simply don't feel like talking if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Aeterna View Post
    Sure, everyone has both. They just don't have both equally.

If you have Fe without Fi, you have no sense of self.

If you have Fi without Fe, you have no sense of others.
    Sorta kinda. Extroverted judging functions are vastly easier to fake, to some extent. While it's easy to cite an Fi user like INFP John Lennon getting himself into much trouble by violating Fe mores with his "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me." statement due to obliviousness of external social mores, for every such transgression, there are a thousand examples of FPs/TJs going along to get along and so on...

You already know this. We all already know this. why am I saying this? I have no idea. Perhaps I should have a snack.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually they both sound ENFP to me because of the blah blah blah.
    i'm not so sure. perhaps the second had dialog with him more mono e mono. if the environment was comfortable for her, the E will come out more expressed
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?