User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 273

  1. #181
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    That's some mighty fine projection you've got going on there, bud.
    Apparently the truth is so foreign to you, even when it smacks you in the face you're still in denial.

  2. #182
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default You just found 2 bad apples in the orchard, that's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    I cant help but get the vibe they only want to talk about themselves.
    Actually, I've met some very respectable NFP's. You may have just found a couple of rotten NFP Girls floating around the NF circle.

    I don't know what you can really do about it, though.

  3. #183
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah I would guess that a lot of the type 4's who get trolled see it as a personal attack, rather than an attack on their ideas. I say this because that seems to be the most common conflict, a few type 4's vs a few ENTPs. That's why it seems so offensive. There is no tone of voice over the internet (unless that race from Mass Effect 2 who inserts the emotional tone before a sentence exists, which I seriously doubt! ). In real life... if a debate like that arose, the tone of voice wouldn't be verbally abusive or anything ridiculous like that that's perceived here. It's more curious, thoughtful, and playful. I'm sometimes amazed by the hostility that I see here, since something like that would probably not happen over something so retarded in real life.

    To answer marm's question, yes you can pretty easily get to know what the types are like online. But being trollbait isn't a great way of doing that. The way I see most of these conflicts go, is that type 4 NFP will get offended at something the ENTP says. So they go aggro on the person. ANYONE will get defensive when someone gets aggressive with them... so what does the ENTP do? Sure they get defensive, but their idea of being defensive, especially over the internet, is to steamroll someone with their mind. Thus, conflict. I think that the main point that the ENTPs have been trying to get across to these people is just to engage them on an equal level. Logically analyzing and being fair, not being personally offensive and vengeful. That confuses them. This is just from observing, lol.

    AND THEN THE THREAD DIED.

    What intrigues me though is that while there is no tone of voice on the internet, I totally get most of the NTJs on here when they're trolling or being funny. With ENTPs it seems more mixed up with serious, like there isn't a clear distinction. It seems more blatantly disrespectful. I don't know why. I've had people tell me how awful and abrasive Jaguar can be, and it doesn't really register with me at all. Same thing with Edgar - I think he's hilarious, even if he's joking about rape. SO SOMETHING MUST BE DIFFERENT HERE. IT CANNOT JUST BE MY IMAGINATION. There are *certain* ENTPs on this site - and I say certain ones, because others are absolutely delightful - who are just really unbelievably obnoxious.

    Anyway, it doesn't matter. As you say, I can choose to ignore these people and just not respond. I think the reason I do respond is because sometimes they seem serious. It's really all a matter of perception, I guess. *shrugs*

  4. #184
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Apparently the truth is so foreign to you, even when it smacks you in the face you're still in denial.
    And apparently, you've never met an actual human being in your life. A pity, really.

  5. #185
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    *shrug* I have yet to find a truly unselfish person...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #186
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    And apparently, you've never met an actual human being in your life. A pity, really.
    Grow up, thanks.

  7. #187
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Of course!


    Not all ENTPs behave like cockroaches, Sim.
    But there are many in this forum who do.
    Frankly, I don't think they'd have the guts to say half the shit they do in this forum, to someone's face.
    That's most certainly true, but it's not a question of guts. It's a question of caring more about preserving relationships with people in real life.


    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    What intrigues me though is that while there is no tone of voice on the internet, I totally get most of the NTJs on here when they're trolling or being funny. With ENTPs it seems more mixed up with serious, like there isn't a clear distinction. It seems more blatantly disrespectful. I don't know why. I've had people tell me how awful and abrasive Jaguar can be, and it doesn't really register with me at all. Same thing with Edgar - I think he's hilarious, even if he's joking about rape. SO SOMETHING MUST BE DIFFERENT HERE. IT CANNOT JUST BE MY IMAGINATION. There are *certain* ENTPs on this site - and I say certain ones, because others are absolutely delightful - who are just really unbelievably obnoxious.

    Anyway, it doesn't matter. As you say, I can choose to ignore these people and just not respond. I think the reason I do respond is because sometimes they seem serious. It's really all a matter of perception, I guess. *shrugs*
    Not coincidentally, we get along much better with the FJs and they tend to appreciate our sense of humor/pick up on the fact that we're joking 20x more than you do. We don't seem nearly as serious, especially to the NFJs, because they're way better at reading us than you are. Personally, I have a lot of trouble reading NTJs.

    It's a Ti/Fe vs. Fi/Te communication gap. NTPs are not any more objectively obnoxious than NTJs; you just understand the NTJ sense of humor better because you share their judging functions. End of story.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #188
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's a question of caring more about preserving relationships with people in real life.
    Nice try.

  9. #189
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Nice try.
    What do you mean? I'm serious about that. I care less about the consequences of offending people online than I do about those of offending people in real life. If that means I lack guts, then I guess you're right.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #190
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    What do you mean? I'm serious about that. I care less about the consequences of offending people online than I do about those of offending people in real life. If that means I lack guts, then I guess you're right.
    Far worse than lacking guts, it lacks integrity.

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] XNFPs and Knowing the "Essence" of People
    By finalcount in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 10:36 AM
  2. [MBTItm] XNFPs and the Discussion of Events/Feelings
    By SubtleFighter in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
  3. [MBTItm] The XNFP and restlessness.
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 09:06 PM
  4. Hate to do this guys but...types and selfishness
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM
  5. [Fi] Are Fi and selfishness related?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO