User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Playing with you is a true joy, at least, as long as you enjoy it too
    Hot pink with at least one other color is fine. Pastel is just horrible....

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    FAIL.....Your attempted Ni is kinda sad. Whats the context. Real men shouldnt wear pink, its a social rule and he was wearing pink. Yes im being arrogant and obnoxious, yes I am willing to admit to it, but you know what? Either way the truth hurts:yim_rolling_on_the_
    And... way to completely miss the point of an analogy, as Se/Ni are so wont to do. The point was that both have tangible penalties attached to them based on external authorities. Murder's not illegal because it's wrong per se, though that once was the conceptualization of it ("natural law"), it's illegal because there is an agreement, made by others, that it's an action that is punishable, and like it or not, if you want to live within that group, you're going to have to abide by that agreement. Just like Fe.

Better to leave one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Im just looking for my in. ENTPs are as fun for ISTPs to play with as ENFPs are for ENTPs to play with. NFPs can play with me like no tomorrow though

edit: its like the circle of life
    You're doing it wrong.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is the internet, and they probably just think it's funny to troll you and don't take this seriously at all. ENTPs don't really do that in the real world... if they cared about you I really can't see why that would happen. The only time that I've really been cornered by anyone in real life is in an impersonal debate... and nothing really personal. That's not really much of an offense, just the way a debate goes.

It's kind of sad that people take these ENTP-NFP relations that happen on the internet seriously, because it just doesn't seem to be like this at all in reality.
    Well, wouldn't it be nice if they gave us better examples of themselves so we could learn to recognize them better in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I've even had INFJs confirm that ENTPs will do this - back people into corners. It's very nasty, and it's almost like bullying. The reason why I don't have this response to NTJs is because they don't seem to relish cornering people who are crying. Maybe there's something about Ni in general that backs off, and something about Ne in general that keeps going, which maybe why ENTPs and NFPs bug each other ... it's not just the Ti/Fi thing to blame.
    If someone takes delight in making someone cry, they have severe psychological problems.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If someone takes delight in making someone cry, they have severe psychological problems.
    Those who would use crying as a tactic or a weapon also have severe psychological problems.

Bad actors generate distrust, no matter what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Bad actors generate distrust, no matter what they do.
    You won't be winning an Academy Award any time soon.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You won't be winning an Academy Award any time soon.
    The greats are never appreciated in their own time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

We back at this again?

Edit: Be warned, I am now officially watching.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    And... way to completely miss the point of an analogy, as Se/Ni are so wont to do. The point was that both have tangible penalties attached to them based on external authorities. Murder's not illegal because it's wrong per se, though that once was the conceptualization of it ("natural law"), it's illegal because there is an agreement, made by others, that it's an action that is punishable, and like it or not, if you want to live within that group, you're going to have to abide by that agreement. Just like Fe.

Better to leave one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You're doing it wrong.
    Can you rephrase the bolded, you lost me. I think its want instead of wont, but its still hard to read.

Murder is illegal because it hurts people. Its a value based on Fi. The reason we have law is so that Fi will not weigh the offense itself and choose an appropriate action and impose its judgement on others. "an eye for an eye" could possibly work except not everyone values their eyes the same. So we are left with a large system that attempts to manage this. Is this what Fe is?

So Fe comes in underneath the law at a social level except that its not controlled except by a person, it lacks the systems that are put in place, it lacks the agreements, the vote as an individual is over run by a group. A group that doesnt exist except in someones head as an abstract concept.

I accept the penalty of opening my mouth without understanding. I was just looking for an in and couldnt come up with much
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Can you rephrase the bolded, you lost me. I think its want instead of wont, but its still hard to read.
    "Wont" means "having a tendency to do"

Murder is illegal because it hurts people.
    No it's not. Why is it legal to murder if you are wearing a uniform and are under command of the state then?

Its a value based on Fi.
    It's an agreement made by established authorities.

The reason we have law is so that Fi will not weigh the offense itself and choose an appropriate action and impose its judgement on others.
    We have law so we maintain consistency in the interaction between unfamiliar parties, to promote the stability of a society as a whole. It exists to reduce uncertainty.

"an eye for an eye" could possibly work except not everyone values their eyes the same. So we are left with a large system that attempts to manage this. Is this what Fe is?
    Reduction of uncertainty.

So Fe comes in underneath the law at a social level except that its not controlled except by a person, it lacks the systems that are put in place, it lacks the agreements, the vote as an individual is over run by a group. A group that doesnt exist except in someones head as an abstract concept.
    They exist. They're just as abstract and arbitrary as designating a group of people the "legislature". They also have just as much force backing them up.

I accept the penalty of opening my mouth without understanding. I was just looking for an in and couldnt come up with much
    Fair enough.