User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 273

  1. #151
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Can you three get a room and leave me out of this please?

    I don't particularly take kindly to people who start dissecting whether my behavior was or was not appropriate and I can see where this convo is going...
    You're fine. We're not talking about anything you've done - it's appreciated. Marm's just trying to reframe the argument into us bullying you, because as far as she's concerned, we're EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL. Even though we've been over this a million times, that point-counterpoint is just how we learn things.

  2. #152
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    "Funny" and "deserved" are rather up to interpretation, are they not?
    True, and the thing is, I have a pretty twisted sense of humor. Some of my favorite people on this site are meanly funny. I even find you and Qre:us funny sometimes, yet at other times feel backed into a corner by irrational tertiary Fe. I've even had INFJs confirm that ENTPs will do this - back people into corners. It's very nasty, and it's almost like bullying. The reason why I don't have this response to NTJs is because they don't seem to relish cornering people who are crying. Maybe there's something about Ni in general that backs off, and something about Ne in general that keeps going, which maybe why ENTPs and NFPs bug each other ... it's not just the Ti/Fi thing to blame.



    I mentioned that she was trying to mediate and you said that such behavior was masochistic and condones shitty behavior. I don't think trying to mediate condones shitty behavior, does it?
    That is my personal opinion and my reasoning for why I don't do likewise. However, others can do as they please, I don't condemn people for trying to make peace, even if I disagree with what's happening.

    Amargith may have completely different motives than I perceived, and I am not going to sit here and dissect her because I like and respect her ... and frankly, I don't really care to, anyway.

  3. #153
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    <DELETED - Needless tension in this language, let there be peace again, thank you. -Halla>
    We wub you halla, oh beautiful peacemaker!! (I wub Marm too.)

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    True, and the thing is, I have a pretty twisted sense of humor. Some of my favorite people on this site are meanly funny. I even find you and Qre:us funny sometimes, yet at other times feel backed into a corner by irrational tertiary Fe. I've even had INFJs confirm that ENTPs will do this - back people into corners. It's very nasty, and it's almost like bullying. The reason why I don't have this response to NTJs is because they don't seem to relish cornering people who are crying. Maybe there's something about Ni in general that backs off, and something about Ne in general that keeps going, which maybe why ENTPs and NFPs bug each other ... it's not just the Ti/Fi thing to blame.
    Just wrt the ENTPs

    I'd make a guess and say this isnt Fe-the backing in a corner. They are debating about Fe, but they are using NeTi in a highly aggressive manner-that's the point-counterpoint you are seeing.

    This can be really fun IRL if on an issue you are not emotionally invested in, but in text comes across exceptionally harsh. It even stings me, so I have to take a minute sometimes and replay the text in my mind as though it came from my ENTP to find the right verbal tone. Even then her and I have had a few highly emotive displays regarding jungian functions. (The parallels in those convos are amazingly similar to the convos that happen here-the topics)

    When an ENTP uses Fe I see two things happen-

    1.they will actually not reply to your posts. You kinda get shunned, albeit I cannot speak for the internal feelings/motivations that are ascribed to this behavior. I think they observe I am combative and thus they will refrain from interacting-it really does disturb them???

    2. They play a cute cat and mouse game to lure you into a trap then spring it on you. This seems to be Fe being used in the service of NeTi perhaps?? Never piss off an ENTP in real life. They are the tops at this game.

  4. #154
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    True, and the thing is, I have a pretty twisted sense of humor. Some of my favorite people on this site are meanly funny. I even find you and Qre:us funny sometimes, yet at other times feel backed into a corner by irrational tertiary Fe. I've even had INFJs confirm that ENTPs will do this - back people into corners. It's very nasty, and it's almost like bullying. The reason why I don't have this response to NTJs is because they don't seem to relish cornering people who are crying. Maybe there's something about Ni in general that backs off, and something about Ne in general that keeps going, which maybe why ENTPs and NFPs bug each other ... it's not just the Ti/Fi thing to blame.
    This is the internet, and they probably just think it's funny to troll you and don't take this seriously at all. ENTPs don't really do that in the real world... if they cared about you I really can't see why that would happen. The only time that I've really been cornered by anyone in real life is in an impersonal debate... and nothing really personal. That's not really much of an offense, just the way a debate goes.

    It's kind of sad that people take these ENTP-NFP relations that happen on the internet seriously, because it just doesn't seem to be like this at all in reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    And you have to understand that some other people view that as being masochistic and enabling shitty behavior.
    Heh, well what people need to understand is that it would be masochistic for a 9 to allow a conflict to happen. Since that would be true psychological pain for us to not do anything about it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #155
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is the internet, and they probably just think it's funny to troll you and don't take this seriously at all. ENTPs don't really do that in the real world... if they cared about you I really can't see why that would happen. The only time that I've really been cornered by anyone in real life is in an impersonal debate... and nothing really personal. That's not really much of an offense, just the way a debate goes.

    It's kind of sad that people take these ENTP-NFP relations that happen on the internet seriously, because it just doesn't seem to be like this at all in reality.
    +1
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #156
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is the internet, and they probably just think it's funny to troll you and don't take this seriously at all. ENTPs don't really do that in the real world... if they cared about you I really can't see why that would happen. The only time that I've really been cornered by anyone in real life is in an impersonal debate... and nothing really personal. That's not really much of an offense, just the way a debate goes.

    It's kind of sad that people take these ENTP-NFP relations that happen on the internet seriously, because it just doesn't seem to be like this at all in reality.


    Heh, well what people need to understand is that it would be masochistic for a 9 to allow a conflict to happen. Since that would be true psychological pain
    for us to not do anything about it.

    Dude, don't tell me you believe me to be a 9 as well now :steam:
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #157
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is the internet, and they probably just think it's funny to troll you and don't take this seriously at all. ENTPs don't really do that in the real world... if they cared about you I really can't see why that would happen. The only time that I've really been cornered by anyone in real life is in an impersonal debate... and nothing really personal. That's not really much of an offense, just the way a debate goes.

    It's kind of sad that people take these ENTP-NFP relations that happen on the internet seriously, because it just doesn't seem to be like this at all in reality.
    It really has less to do with the other person, and more to do with staking out a position and exploring all the surrounding angles.

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I take out a gun and blow his head off. Oops. But, I shouldn't go to prison, because we didn't have a social contract between us that says "thou shalt not shoot the other person in the head".

    It's unworkable.
    FAIL.....Your attempted Ni is kinda sad. Whats the context. Real men shouldnt wear pink, its a social rule and he was wearing pink. Yes im being arrogant and obnoxious, yes I am willing to admit to it, but you know what? Either way the truth hurts:yim_rolling_on_the_

    Im just looking for my in. ENTPs are as fun for ISTPs to play with as ENFPs are for ENTPs to play with. NFPs can play with me like no tomorrow though

    edit: its like the circle of life
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #159
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Real men shouldnt wear pink, its a social rule and he was wearing pink.
    Correction - men susceptible to peer pressure don't wear pink.
    Men who aren't susceptible, wear whatever the hell they want.

  10. #160
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    FAIL.....Your attempted Ni is kinda sad. Whats the context. Real men shouldnt wear pink, its a social rule and he was wearing pink. Yes im being arrogant and obnoxious, yes I am willing to admit to it, but you know what? Either way the truth hurts:yim_rolling_on_the_

    Im just looking for my in. ENTPs are as fun for ISTPs to play with as ENFPs are for ENTPs to play with. NFPs can play with me like no tomorrow though

    edit: its like the circle of life

    Playing with you is a true joy, at least, as long as you enjoy it too
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] XNFPs and Knowing the "Essence" of People
    By finalcount in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 10:36 AM
  2. [MBTItm] XNFPs and the Discussion of Events/Feelings
    By SubtleFighter in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
  3. [MBTItm] The XNFP and restlessness.
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 09:06 PM
  4. Hate to do this guys but...types and selfishness
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM
  5. [Fi] Are Fi and selfishness related?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO