User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I'm fairly sure that your imagination is capable of coming up with better defenses than obstinacy or attack. For someone professing a deep understanding of Fe, I am not seeing evidence of said understanding.

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

You're trying to argue that Fe is the law. Fe is only a small piece of the much larger set of possible social interactions. Heck, it's at best a hypothetical psychological function that seems to help describe some people. There are plenty of social interactions that do not invoke Fe. Granted, handling the subtleties of such interactions is often (but not always) a strength of those with a preference for Fe.

Anything deserving the name appellation "the law" was created by many humans of many opinions with many different motivations and goals. Fe doesn't even deserve the name "social contract." It's a psychological function, not the grand unified theory of human interaction.
    Take off your blinders and look around, man. The answer's right in front of your face, stop acting like it isn't there.

you know I think there are really good points scattered throughout this thread.

keep in mind Fi is energy intensive thus you cant use it on everyone. I am selfish about who I show love to. Which means most everyone else gets Te. Between two Te users, Te actually just feels practical but I think Te used at large can overun all of the Fe social boundaries out of blindness. It can feel very direct, blunt, rude, but is energy efficient.

We also dont inherently speak Fe so will fuck up all the beautiful social rules even when we purposefully try to follow them. Te doms and auxs-never see those social rules.

Recognize oh mighty Te doms and auxs-you are missing information. (It's okay they cant see our unspoken Fi either) For the Fe users, the Fe team is essential thus it deserves understanding and respect. The Fe users feel a sense of devotion and service to the society they serve and even the extps as they age, will become obligated by those Fe bonds, to care for and provide for the others that make up their community. There are a lot of unspoken delicate things that transpire in the Fe social communications, that indicate respect and the recognition of authority via giving it to another. It really is beautiful and caring.

Te does the same thing wrt to social responsibility-it is just more knee jerk epathic maybe, than based upon social roles and respect? It derives from "white knighting" of the Fi population. It is an knee jerk empathic response to "save" ie provide for the Fi users. Same type of social ties, social obligations, slowly grown into the Te doms and auxs, that happen with the EXTPs-but just a massively different communication system. It appears more one-on-one that the Fe reciprocal social networks but it is kinda the same idea.

So i had this idea though.

Assuming an Fe/Ti dominated group was hunting party in nature. The Ti doms and auxs hunt then share with the Fe social clan which must share space with out being directly dominating and share food in a subtle yet well understood social manner, that bonds but does not allow overt aggression. Also if you cant hold your own due to injury or illness you will slow the entire group down, thus overt Fi empathy has to be minimized.

Assume an Fi/Te dominated group is more agriculture based. It is stable, not moving, needs a high level of organization, a direct chain of command, Te power structure. There is an enhanced ability of the group to support the very weak members thus overt Fi empathy can play a larger role here and in directing suffering back to the somewhat emo-tarded Te doms and Auxs who head up the society.

blah blah blah balh and so on.

But I wonder-since all 8 functions are theoretically accessible-as we transition a group from a hunter tribe model to an settled farm model or the reverse, would you see population distributions of MBTI types change. Would it be genetic-ie certain types would be more likely to survive-or would it be cultural-certain functions would become selected for or perhaps enhanced via epigenetic means?

I dunno, I gotta go finish my beer.... (Only Fe chicks drink see through beers...)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Take off your blinders and look around, man. The answer's right in front of your face, stop acting like it isn't there.
    Or what--get ostracized? And have only half the world population to keep me company?

When will the subjective truth people realise that objective relationships exist for you to not go completely nuts? They're your anchor. And as such entail priorities that do not match, indeed will destabilise persons who use other kinds of anchors.

YOU need it. And you need other people to need it. Because you need it.

But you don't need it to the exclusion of all other things, which is lucky, and normal, because you--and everyone else--has other, competing priorities, both intra and inter personal.

Yay for us. We're all fucking normal.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

At least I admit there are things about Fi that I don't understand. You seem dogmatically convinced that Ti is just factually wrong, end of story.
    I don't know where you get this at all. I get along quite well with ISTPs, and one of the smartest people I know is probably an INTP.

Isn't the whole point of typology to facilitate better communication via learning about perspectives that don't naturally make sense to you? That doesn't really work if you just label all of those opposing perspectives "shitty behavior" and condemn the people who are actually trying to improve relationships.
    I don't condemn anyone who is *actually* trying to improve relationships.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I don't know where you get this at all. I get along quite well with ISTPs, and one of the smartest people I know is probably an INTP.
    You said that Amargith's attempts at mediating simply promote shitty behavior. This implies that giving any credence to the perspectives that oppose yours is a mistake and that she shouldn't be encouraging it.

I don't condemn anyone who is *actually* trying to improve relationships.
    You don't think that's what Amargith is doing?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You said that Amargith's attempts at mediating simply promote shitty behavior. This implies that giving any credence to the perspectives that oppose yours is a mistake and that she shouldn't be encouraging it.
    I think that insulting people, attacking people, and pulling rank is shitty behavior - unless it's funny or deserved. ENTPs frequently attack, insult, and pull rank with people but expect to welcomed with open arms. I don't play that game. I have specific examples if you wish for me to give you them in a PM.

You don't think that's what Amargith is doing?
    I never condemned Amar.

I was talking about you and OMT.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Nice assumptions, considering you've got me on ignore.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I think that insulting people, attacking people, and pulling rank is shitty behavior - unless it's funny or deserved. ENTPs frequently attack, insult, and pull rank with people but expect to welcomed with open arms. I don't play that game. I have specific examples if you wish for me to give you them in a PM.
    "Funny" and "deserved" are rather up to interpretation, are they not?

I never condemned Amar.

I mentioned that she was trying to mediate and you said that such behavior was masochistic and condones shitty behavior. I don't think trying to mediate condones shitty behavior, does it?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

"Funny" and "deserved" are rather up to interpretation, are they not?
    BTW, what does "pulling rank" in this context even mean in the first place? Last time I checked, there isn't any sort of hierarchy on here...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Can you three get a room and leave me out of this please?

I don't particularly take kindly to people who start dissecting whether my behavior was or was not appropriate and I can see where this convo is going...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”