too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    What do you guys think of filmmaker John Cassavetes' type? I think he might have been an ENFP 7.
    Yeah, ENxP 7w8 as far as I can tell.

@Lady X @Starry @skylights @Elfboy @pinkgraffiti @nicolita @Animal @Amargith

What do you guys think of filmmaker John Cassavetes' type? I think he might have been an ENFP 7.

Hey Stansmith! Based solely on these 2 clips... this is hard... but I think the Ti of a 7w6 is mimicking Fi here. There's a lot of talk of love and passion but it's a bit intellectualized. He's not gushing over these topics… over *the magic* like I imagine an ENFP 7 would (I'm thinking of Leo Buscaglia right now). I would say ExTP but again, this is based off of a minute or two of footage.

I like the examples you put forth as they always make me think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

What about Melora Creager? Her lyrics meld history, weirdness, and character studies. She always creates narratives and humanizes events by writing her songs from the perspective of someone living them. Some of it seems random, but the world she creates through her music feels distinct and vivid. It's like there's more under the surface.

From Coilhouse: "I just read that Jane Eyre was Charlotte Bronte’s way of speaking her mind, of answering every injustice about which she had kept her mouth closed. I love that and relate to it. Songs or song characters are places for me to work out my issues. I don’t write about my private life openly, but I’m human and an artist, so it will always be my lens it’s through. I want to recognize and examine feelings of loneliness, victimhood, unattractiveness. I also make what I want to entertain myself."

From UWire:"I do whatever is interesting to me, and if I was doing some kind of writing about my feelings and my life, I would think that is too self-indulgent rather than when I write about characters. My psychology is still in there, and things come out. But it’s more subtle, and I think it’s interesting."

From Magnet Magazine: "I get inspired by how people have remained basically the same emotionally over vast amounts of time. I like to describe details and to share weird knowledge with people through music. It’s like a note from me to you."

This interview at Rumpus is a bit more light-hearted and whimsical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    What about Melora Creager? Her lyrics meld history, weirdness, and character studies. She always creates narratives and humanizes events by writing her songs from the perspective of someone living them. Some of it seems random, but the world she creates through her music feels distinct and vivid. It's like there's more under the surface.

From Coilhouse: "I just read that Jane Eyre was Charlotte Bronte’s way of speaking her mind, of answering every injustice about which she had kept her mouth closed. I love that and relate to it. Songs or song characters are places for me to work out my issues. I don’t write about my private life openly, but I’m human and an artist, so it will always be my lens it’s through. I want to recognize and examine feelings of loneliness, victimhood, unattractiveness. I also make what I want to entertain myself."

From UWire:"I do whatever is interesting to me, and if I was doing some kind of writing about my feelings and my life, I would think that is too self-indulgent rather than when I write about characters. My psychology is still in there, and things come out. But it’s more subtle, and I think it’s interesting."

From Magnet Magazine: "I get inspired by how people have remained basically the same emotionally over vast amounts of time. I like to describe details and to share weird knowledge with people through music. It’s like a note from me to you."

This interview at Rumpus is a bit more light-hearted and whimsical.

Hello Ghost...

This is the first time I've been exposed to this Melora and I surely appreciate it. She seems like an amazingly amazing human being and I was quite mesmerized by her unique sound. I will say though that I am of the opinion (based on these interviews and video clips) that Melora is an ESFP rather than an ENFP. I certainly understand the temptation here to type her as ENFP... and perhaps it is the case that many people will disagree with my assessment. But, at least as far as I'm concerned, this is an ESFP.
    (Thanks again for the introduction )

Stansmith

@Starry

What do you think of Tyler the Creator's type? He seems to have strong Se..

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Yeah ESFP, they like to bust peoples balls.

@Starry

What do you think of Tyler the Creator's type? He seems to have strong Se..

Oh God yes Stansmith haha. E to the S to the F to the P. So solid. So comfortable in his own skin. So handsome <-okay that's probably not... So engaged.

What's weird is I kept going back and forth between 7 & 8 regarding enneagram but I'm assuming he's probably 7w8 sx/so

Another great example!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

lol i think i had an esfp friend in high school. never realized it til i watched that tyler the creator video. so much fun!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    lol i think i had an esfp friend in high school. never realized it til i watched that tyler the creator video. so much fun!
    Aren't they the best...

so jealous. When I grow up I wanna be an esfp