User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Default Are INFJs naturally fascinated with ENTPs?

And it seems that there is a general fascination with the INFJ on the ENTP side. Not evaluating this negatively or positively...

What about INFJs here? Fascinated and interested, but innately unwilling to disclose such? I think that a lot of us may pay attention to the NT threads but don't necessarily respond.

I am naturally drawn to the ENTP but didn't realize until I started reading about the 16 types. And I'm not even really sure why...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

You think ENTP gets you, right? In a special way, like nobody else.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There is definitely a dynamic or sorts that is between ENTPs and INFJs. It really can be a love hate relationship though.

My beef with ENTPs is that they're very quick to approach an INFJ (not necessarily because of type) but after a while, they INFJ finds out that the ENTP is invested in a billion other areas, making the INFJ feel like yesterday's newspaper. Discarded.

I think what it comes down to is that the ENTPs know how to play to the INFJs but ultimately don't need INFJs because they get along with so many types. INFJs don't have that luxury so we're kind of like the girlfriend that will always go back to the abusive boyfriend, knowing they're just going to get hurt.

Sniffles

Well just look at the dynamic between me and Blackmail!. He just loves talking about me.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Quay View Post
    And it seems that there is a general fascination with the INFJ on the ENTP side. Not evaluating this negatively or positively...

What about INFJs here? Fascinated and interested, but innately unwilling to disclose such? I think that a lot of us may pay attention to the NT threads but don't necessarily respond.

I am naturally drawn to the ENTP but didn't realize until I started reading about the 16 types. And I'm not even really sure why...
    I like ENTPs. I think this ENTP/INFJ fascination is way overdone though. Don't get me wrong, my boyfriend is an NTP, and he is really great, but honestly, I prefer NFJs or NTJs.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I like the ENTPs I've met here. I think over time though their distractability may end up making me feel neglected. I also like a little more stability in my life when it comes to relationships. As friends though, I think they'd be fantastic.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I like the ENTPs I've met here. I think over time though their distractability may end up making me feel neglected.
    ^this

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I like the ENTPs I've met here. I think over time though their distractability may end up making me feel neglected. I also like a little more stability in my life when it comes to relationships. As friends though, I think they'd be fantastic.
    My INFJ friend in real life would agree with you, however not in the case of our friendship. We're really good about staying in each others' lives constantly.

She's experienced and told me extensively how she feels when friends or potential love interests get "distracted" by their own lives and sort of "forget" about her until it's more convenient for them to come back into her life. She's one of the most secure individuals I've ever met. I know it only really bothers her in the romantic-realm, not so much with friendships.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    You think ENTP gets you, right? In a special way, like nobody else.
    Not sure. I think what it is: I feel comfortable with being misunderstood with this type more than the others.

"She's wearing pink space boots and a red ski mask. Doesn't make sense but I don't care"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I think what it comes down to is that the ENTPs know how to play to the INFJs but ultimately don't need INFJs because they get along with so many types.
    Really? I've gathered that the playing was mutual. ENTP, has a million interests, thus not providing the attention---> INFJ wants to be alone, glad other interests are available so too much attention not provided

I do agree that the dynamic is overdone. Just wondering why the focus is so much on ENTP chasing INFJ down, when it can (does?) go both ways

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Oh yeah, I just re-read what I wrote - I meant in a relationship ENTPs coul make me feel neglected, not that I'm expecting the ENTPs on this site to be a problem for me! I'm not sure that I know any ENTPs in real life.

Perhaps the reason you don't hear about INFJs going after ENTPs is that they are naturally more likely to wait for someone to approach them and they also tend to do more solitary activities. The ENTP is more likely to vocalize their enthusiasm to a wider audience as well. I think ENTPs like us because we slow them down and we make them see some familiar subjects/situations with similarities, but give new perspectives that they haven't encountered. I like them because they tend to be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, entertaining, make me try new things and are a source of great discussion (and they appreciate me). They also tend to naturally be approachers without seeming too clingy etc.
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post