• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Are INFJs naturally fascinated with ENTPs?

EricHanson

MBTI Type
ENTP
You have to take into consideration that this is posted in the NF Idyllic and directed towards INFJs. So mainly INFJs will be expressing how the ENTP affects them and not vice versa. I imagine if this were posted in the NT Rationale and directed towards ENTPs, the sentiments would be reversed.

No I am sure all ENTPs would say is:

we want moar.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You have to take into consideration that this is posted in the NF Idyllic and directed towards INFJs. So mainly INFJs will be expressing how the ENTP affects them and not vice versa. I imagine if this were posted in the NT Rationale and directed towards ENTPs, the sentiments would be reversed.

You underestimate entps' tendency to be at first curious about any thread/topic talking about them
Let's just say that we're curious that way.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You underestimate entps' tendency to be at first curious about any thread/topic talking about them

Oh, but I don't!... It is this never-ending curiosity in everything and everyone that both attracts and repels.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But wasn't that boringness why you were interested in the first place? :huh:

No. For me it's generally the promise of golden nectar inside.

Interestingly, your comment has made me think that a fear of rejection is often projected by judging other people as boring and rejecting them.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ptttt whatever. Your kind talks so much you give yourselves away :rolleyes:

Which means you never know when we're kidding or not. Hiding in plain sight. Much better strategy than trying to stay hidden.

Haha, let's just say that the "live new posts" button is the worst enemy of people wanting to talk about ENTPs without their involvement.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, what do you ENTPs think of INFJs?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
080712_rfoster_mp_his_vict_inventions_bicycle_two_1886.jpg

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm feeling all :wubbie:. I feel the same way about NTPs. But I know you ENTPs will be gone in a matter of seconds.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I wonder if it's the same if the genders are reversed. Are the female ENTPs as INFJ crazy as the men are? For some reason I keep thinking they prefer Ts, or at least the pull isn't as intense.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wonder if it's the same if the genders are reversed. Are the female ENTPs as INFJ crazy as the men are? For some reason I keep thinking they prefer Ts, or at least the pull isn't as intense.

Doesn't seem that way here. They seem to pair up well with INTJ's, though.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That makes you sound like an ENFJ.

I wish. Then I would be out doing something significant instead of talking to random internet people.

There might be some bit of truth to that. Although one of the people who introduced me to MBTI was an ENTP female and she was married to an INFJ male (divorced now... :D). Also one of the two INFJ males I know irl is with an ENTP female. The rest of the ENTP female I know are with (N)Ts.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
There might be some bit of truth to that. Although one of the people who introduced me to MBTI was an ENTP female and she was married to an INFJ male (divorced now... :D). Also one of the two INFJ males I know irl is with an ENTP female. The rest of the ENTP female I know are with (N)Ts.

Why did they divorce?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

I think the issue is one of accepted gender roles in society. Ti dom/aux want to have an assertive role, but feel constrained by not wanting to seem like a "battle-axe". The "wille zur macht" of Te-oriented men will often overshadow others' perception of their Ti, while other Ti-oriented men will trade barbs with them, keeping the playing field even.

INFJ men, on the other hand, absolutely want to appear dominant in the relationship to others. Having an ENTP constantly challenging them, while deeply satisfying, will nonetheless cause a panic because of established gender stereotypes. Thus, the unfortunate cycle continues...