• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Are INFJs naturally fascinated with ENTPs?

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And it seems that there is a general fascination with the INFJ on the ENTP side. Not evaluating this negatively or positively...

What about INFJs here? Fascinated and interested, but innately unwilling to disclose such? I think that a lot of us may pay attention to the NT threads but don't necessarily respond.

I am naturally drawn to the ENTP but didn't realize until I started reading about the 16 types. And I'm not even really sure why...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You think ENTP gets you, right? In a special way, like nobody else.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There is definitely a dynamic or sorts that is between ENTPs and INFJs. It really can be a love hate relationship though.

My beef with ENTPs is that they're very quick to approach an INFJ (not necessarily because of type) but after a while, they INFJ finds out that the ENTP is invested in a billion other areas, making the INFJ feel like yesterday's newspaper. Discarded.

I think what it comes down to is that the ENTPs know how to play to the INFJs but ultimately don't need INFJs because they get along with so many types. INFJs don't have that luxury so we're kind of like the girlfriend that will always go back to the abusive boyfriend, knowing they're just going to get hurt.

S

Sniffles

Well just look at the dynamic between me and Blackmail!. He just loves talking about me.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And it seems that there is a general fascination with the INFJ on the ENTP side. Not evaluating this negatively or positively...

What about INFJs here? Fascinated and interested, but innately unwilling to disclose such? I think that a lot of us may pay attention to the NT threads but don't necessarily respond.

I am naturally drawn to the ENTP but didn't realize until I started reading about the 16 types. And I'm not even really sure why...

I like ENTPs. I think this ENTP/INFJ fascination is way overdone though. Don't get me wrong, my boyfriend is an NTP, and he is really great, but honestly, I prefer NFJs or NTJs.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I like the ENTPs I've met here. I think over time though their distractability may end up making me feel neglected. I also like a little more stability in my life when it comes to relationships. As friends though, I think they'd be fantastic.

S

sammy

I like the ENTPs I've met here. I think over time though their distractability may end up making me feel neglected. I also like a little more stability in my life when it comes to relationships. As friends though, I think they'd be fantastic.
My INFJ friend in real life would agree with you, however not in the case of our friendship. We're really good about staying in each others' lives constantly.

She's experienced and told me extensively how she feels when friends or potential love interests get "distracted" by their own lives and sort of "forget" about her until it's more convenient for them to come back into her life. She's one of the most secure individuals I've ever met. I know it only really bothers her in the romantic-realm, not so much with friendships.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You think ENTP gets you, right? In a special way, like nobody else.

Not sure. I think what it is: I feel comfortable with being misunderstood with this type more than the others.

"She's wearing pink space boots and a red ski mask. Doesn't make sense but I don't care"

I think what it comes down to is that the ENTPs know how to play to the INFJs but ultimately don't need INFJs because they get along with so many types.

Really? I've gathered that the playing was mutual. ENTP, has a million interests, thus not providing the attention---> INFJ wants to be alone, glad other interests are available so too much attention not provided

I do agree that the dynamic is overdone. Just wondering why the focus is so much on ENTP chasing INFJ down, when it can (does?) go both ways

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh yeah, I just re-read what I wrote - I meant in a relationship ENTPs coul make me feel neglected, not that I'm expecting the ENTPs on this site to be a problem for me! I'm not sure that I know any ENTPs in real life.

Perhaps the reason you don't hear about INFJs going after ENTPs is that they are naturally more likely to wait for someone to approach them and they also tend to do more solitary activities. The ENTP is more likely to vocalize their enthusiasm to a wider audience as well. I think ENTPs like us because we slow them down and we make them see some familiar subjects/situations with similarities, but give new perspectives that they haven't encountered. I like them because they tend to be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, entertaining, make me try new things and are a source of great discussion (and they appreciate me). They also tend to naturally be approachers without seeming too clingy etc.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My beef with ENTPs is that they're very quick to approach an INFJ (not necessarily because of type) but after a while, they INFJ finds out that the ENTP is invested in a billion other areas, making the INFJ feel like yesterday's newspaper. Discarded.

I think what it comes down to is that the ENTPs know how to play to the INFJs but ultimately don't need INFJs because they get along with so many types. INFJs don't have that luxury so we're kind of like the girlfriend that will always go back to the abusive boyfriend, knowing they're just going to get hurt.

I think over time though their distractability may end up making me feel neglected. I also like a little more stability in my life when it comes to relationships. As friends though, I think they'd be fantastic.

These, times a million. ENTPs are wonderful friends, but for relationships, yes, I've felt left out in the cold before. It seems I'm much more emotionally invested in the relationship than they and that leaves me open to be hurt. So if I'm ever involved with one again in the future, I'll try to wait and see if they can give me the commitment and focus I desire before forming any strong emotional bonds.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm a fan of older ENTPs. Some of the younger ones I've encountered only argue for the sake of seeing what will happen when they push certain buttons or because they enjoy debate (but without any larger or more productive goal in mind). It's not that it's wrong, but I can see where that could get old fast in a relationship. It also seems to me that younger ENTPs would more likely have difficulties committing or staying settled on one person in the long term.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
ENTP's are usually one of the only personality types i can stand when everyone else has burnt me out. their nature is comfortable to me by default, not really by conscious decision.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
plus, they at least try to bring me out of my shell. i appreciate that.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure. I think what it is: I feel comfortable with being misunderstood with this type more than the others.

"She's wearing pink space boots and a red ski mask. Doesn't make sense but I don't care"

Ha! Well, I do like that part. Sometimes. Other days, I feel like "I'm wearing pink space boots and a red ski mask. Why doesn't he understand what I'm communicating?"