User Tag List

First 1826272829 Last

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Personally? No.

Mainly because I know for lots of personal experience that within an hour of me discussing any of my feelings to them, they'll have completely wiped it from their minds and proceed to do or say things that are thoughtless and insensitive just for the sake of interacting with other people.

I have yet to meet a single ENTP capable of handling or understanding feelings to any great degree. They know how to make people happy, get others involved and excited, (and I envy many ENTPs for it), but it's a very personally guided process.

When it comes to more intimate situations driven by individual people's feelings, ENTPs don't just falter... they trip over the pavement and break their heads off the grounds.

ENTPs are about bettering themselves, INFJs are about bettering others. ENTPs are good at getting people outside of their shells, INFJs are good at helping people get inside themselves.

It's a complicated dichotomy. I understand why it works for a lot of people, but I'm a very emotionally sensitive individual and it's never worked for me. I can't stand emotional insensitivity, and ENTPs fall back on it a little too often for my tastes. That said, unlike many INTPs, they at least know how to feel guilty about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    Personally? No.

Mainly because I know for lots of personal experience that within an hour of me discussing any of my feelings to them, they'll have completely wiped it from their minds and proceed to do or say things that are thoughtless and insensitive just for the sake of interacting with other people.

I have yet to meet a single ENTP capable of handling or understanding feelings to any great degree. They know how to make people happy, get others involved and excited, (and I envy many ENTPs for it), but it's a very personally guided process.
    Yup. All of this.

I just think that when you've got loads of intellectual stimulation, but not much else, especially in terms of feelings and emotions, it doesn't work out that well.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Somewhat ironically, my best friend is the absolutely raging embodiment of an ENTP, with all of the stereotypes associated with the type intact, and pumped up to 11!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI

I quick browse of the ENTP type tells me no... most of what I read sounds grating at best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think I'm naturally fascinated with ENTPs, but have become a little curious about them online just because of all of the talk about how great INFJ-ENTP pairings can be. I've only talked to a few at typology central and enjoyed the ease of communication but kind of backed off at points, I think, because they come on pretty strong. Maybe I got a bit scared off?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I don't think I'm naturally fascinated with ENTPs, but have become a little curious about them online just because of all of the talk about how great INFJ-ENTP pairings can be. I've only talked to a few at typology central and enjoyed the ease of communication but kind of backed off at points, I think, because they come on pretty strong. Maybe I got a bit scared off?
    You're not alone, I have some stories for you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You're not alone, I have some stories for you.
    Hmmm....interesting. Feel free to share them here or privately, if you wish.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    The thing with the INFJ-ENTP relationship from my perspective is if the ENTP is immature it will often display as irresponsible (particularly emotionally) and argumentative, two things that will bother an INFJ immensely. It can take time and work to get past that point, and if the INFJ chooses to dwell on an ENTPs ability to have those traits, even though not all will, then they will be cautious around all potential ENTPs.

What can be special though is the connection between the two types, it will be one-on-one, unique to those two people and deep. The INFJs often has the ability to see the ENTP in a way other people aren't allowed to see and the ENTP will respect the INFJs depth of thought and emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    The thing with the INFJ-ENTP relationship from my perspective is if the ENTP is immature it will often display as irresponsible (particularly emotionally) and argumentative, two things that will bother an INFJ immensely. It can take time and work to get past that point, and if the INFJ chooses to dwell on an ENTPs ability to have those traits, even though not all will, then they will be cautious around all potential ENTPs.

What can be special though is the connection between the two types, it will be one-on-one, unique to those two people and deep. The INFJs often has the ability to see the ENTP in a way other people aren't allowed to see and the ENTP will respect the INFJs depth of thought and emotion.
    You distilled it perfectly. I can vouch for this.

Lately I notice many unkind things posted about ENTPs and it makes me sad.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Lately I notice many unkind things posted about ENTPs and it makes me sad.
    If anyone can take it, it's ENTPs