• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] My terrible, deep dark secret.

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
Okay guys. I have to get this in the open or it will eat me alive.

I like the movie The wedding Planner

And I don't just mean like it, I love it. I mean, i could watch it a thousand times. Bad acting, cheesy plot and all. I indulge. WHY?! OH WHY DO I LIKE SUCH A CLICHE' MOVIE STARRING GOOD OL' JENNY FROM THE BLOCK?

I seriosuly always pray that no one will find out. It is the silliest thing.

On another note, has anyone ever seen Wit? Incredible. These two movies are my favorite movies....
Also
-Pride and Prejuidice (The new one---yes! I know...) Basically all of the Jane Austen flicks.
-Gattica
-Anne of Green Gables (with megan follows) and sequel

Forfe

On a completely unrelated note, some things are best kept to yourself. Just saying. :dry:

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
Bwahahaha!

You should see me with that movie I'm like a fat kid who's supposed to e on a diet caught with chocolate!--- not to be un-'PC'

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

GASP

That's crazy talk, girl!!

. WHY?! OH WHY DO I LIKE SUCH A CLICHE' MOVIE STARRING GOOD OL' JENNY FROM THE BLOCK?

Well, you are right -- the name at least has something going for it. :smile:

I seriously always pray that no one will find out. It is the silliest thing... that I then come right out on a public forum and tell the world.

Fixed!

A wonderful movie. (I will see the others sometime.)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

And I don't just mean like it, I love it. I mean, i could watch it a thousand times. Bad acting, cheesy plot and all. I indulge. WHY?! OH WHY DO I LIKE SUCH A CLICHE' MOVIE STARRING GOOD OL' JENNY FROM THE BLOCK?

On another note, has anyone ever seen Wit? Incredible. These two movies are my favorite movies....
Also
-Pride and Prejuidice (The new one---yes! I know...) Basically all of the Jane Austen flicks.
-Gattica

What's wrong with that, and why did you feel the need to keep it secret? A lot of people probably like that movie. I don't get it...

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha. It's just hilarious to me. It was a quirk i found amusing. My husband sighs and makes fun of me.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Also
-Gattica

Actually, I think liking cheesy romantic comedies is very much in line with being an ENFP (I dunno, fellow ENFPers help me out)

My not so secret is that I absolutely loathe romantic comedies. Cannot stand them.

Except 13 Going on 30. I watched that 3 times. I like it bunches. Or something with drag-esque costumes and music like Strictly Ballroom, but that wasn't really a romantic comedy. It was Australian after all.

Actually, I think we're all allowed at least 1 cheesy movie to like so your secret is safe. :yes:

And I LOOOOOVE Anne of Green Gables! Love it! I rented it on VHS before the rise of DVDs and watched it with my brother. I've seen the entire series at least 2x and individual episodes a few times. My brother and my dad have such funny taste in movies for guys. They LOVE romantic comedies!!! HAhahah. They want to watch 'My Best Friend's Wedding' and 'Sweet November' and I'm just like dear god no. Dont' get me wrong, being such a flip on expectations I think it's kool.

You might also like Nicholas Nickelby the more recent PBS British version. That miniseries is HAWT. Hahahaha.

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
GASP

A wonderful movie. (I will see the others sometime.)

Wit is absolutely phenomenal. it's got Emma Thompson and is based on the Holy Sonnet X by John Donne:

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so ;
For those, whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy picture be,
Much pleasure, then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou'rt slave to Fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy, or charms can make us sleep as well,
And better than thy stroke ; why swell'st thou then ?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally,
And Death shall be no more ; Death, thou shalt die.

She plays an NT elite professor specializing on John Donne's works who doesn't understand the meaning of emotion and sympathy. She gets cancer, and... my goodness I've never cried so hard during a movie.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I've never been able to watch the whole thing...

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
Actually, I think liking cheesy romantic comedies is very much in line with being an ENFP (I dunno, fellow ENFPers help me out)

My not so secret is that I absolutely loathe romantic comedies. Cannot stand them.

Except 13 Going on 30. I watched that 3 times. I like it bunches. Or something with drag-esque costumes and music like Strictly Ballroom, but that wasn't really a romantic comedy. It was Australian after all.

Actually, I think we're all allowed at least 1 cheesy movie to like so your secret is safe. :yes:

And I LOOOOOVE Anne of Green Gables! Love it! I rented it on VHS before the rise of DVDs and watched it with my brother. I've seen the entire series at least 2x and individual episodes a few times. My brother and my dad have such funny taste in movies for guys. They LOVE romantic comedies!!! HAhahah. They want to watch 'My Best Friend's Wedding' and 'Sweet November' and I'm just like dear god no. Dont' get me wrong, being such a flip on expectations I think it's kool.

You might also like Nicholas Nickelby the more recent PBS British version. That miniseries is HAWT. Hahahaha.

See now that's the thing. I don't like romantic comedies in general. But this one disturbs me because I like it so.

I have had Anne of Green Gables from Netflix for like... 4 weeks. I 've watched almost every day. I think i just relate with her too much.

Introverts_Unite!

MBTI Type
INFJ
I hate movie reruns, BUT ... My 'peat-and-repeat movie is "The Gods Must Be Crazy PART II"

I'm not worried about condemnation because according to my scientific poll, I'm the only person in the world who has seen Part II.

You'll never see COO-b'ns in quite the same way.

Gotta run .... Blockbuster has something on hold for me ....

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

I seriously always pray that no one will find out. It is the silliest thing.

Also
-Pride and Prejudice (The new one---yes! I know...) Basically all of the Jane Austen flicks.
-Gattica
I like the Wedding Planner, I don't LOVE it because the bride-to-be gets her feelings hurt too badly. I just don't like that aspect.

I LOVE Pride & Prejudice with Kiera Knightly. She's an absolute GENIUS in that movie!
Last winter, I spent about 50 HOURS watching/studying all three film versions of Pride and Prejudice repeatedly,
and I read the book twice.
(It's cold here... nothing else to do.) :blush:

I rarely can stand seeing a movie more than once unless there's a long time span between - like 10 years.
But some movies I will watch over and over:

Back To The Future - more than 30 times
Kate & Leopold
My Big Fat Greek Wedding

all the movies with Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks

I love Anne of Green Gables also. There are 2 sequels. The last one is when Gil goes off to war. I own the whole series.

There. Now I have made my own confession.

When you say "Wit" do you mean this:
Wit (2001) (TV)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know what it is about chicks and Pride and Prejudice. It's really not that good. Admittedly, I've never read the book, nor do I intend to. Jane Eyre was bad enough. At least it was short.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
That's a deep, dark secret? :huh: In all honesty, I wouldn't care unless you tried to force me to watch it.

Res Ipsa Loquitur

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Except 13 Going on 30. I watched that 3 times. I like it bunches.

I like this movie too - I think Jen Garner is just so cute in this movie. And I love the Thriller scene. She is like the "Meg Ryan" for the 2000s. I never watched her in Alias though.

I love musicals, especially the classics like Sound of Music, Oklahoma, State Fair, (pretty much anything Rodgers and Hammerstein) My Fair Lady, etc.

Now if you said your favorite movie was Gigli, this might be an problem. :)

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Musicals ROCK.

And yeah, 13 Going On 30 was great, huh? :p

And I'll stop there.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know what it is about chicks and Pride and Prejudice. It's really not that good. Admittedly, I've never read the book, nor do I intend to. Jane Eyre was bad enough. At least it was short.
Jane Eyre was somewhat "dark".

Jane Austen is more light sarcastic humor and wit.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
yes I tooo like cheesy films:smile: and tongue in cheek... like Steve Martin and Lesley Neilson and monty pyhton films. I've noticed a lot of S types don't find cheese films funny
I think what it boils down to is the fact that my imagination can percieve how funny they were to make, how much fun they had making them, especially trying to get their faces right at particular times,...But i'm sure the scene where Biggus Dickus, (in life of brian) asking why others found his wife's name amusing was a one only shot! it's things like this that draw me to watch them over and over.

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like the Wedding Planner, I don't LOVE it because the bride-to-be gets her feelings hurt too badly. I just don't like that aspect.

I LOVE Pride & Prejudice with Kiera Knightly. She's an absolute GENIUS in that movie!
Last winter, I spent about 50 HOURS watching/studying all three film versions of Pride and Prejudice repeatedly,
and I read the book twice.
(It's cold here... nothing else to do.) :blush:

I rarely can stand seeing a movie more than once unless there's a long time span between - like 10 years.
But some movies I will watch over and over:

Back To The Future - more than 30 times
Kate & Leopold
My Big Fat Greek Wedding

all the movies with Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks

I love Anne of Green Gables also. There are 2 sequels. The last one is when Gil goes off to war. I own the whole series.

There. Now I have made my own confession.

When you say "Wit" do you mean this:
Wit (2001) (TV)

Yeah that's the wit I'm talking about. It's phenomenal. I know a couple of people who just can't sit through it. It's a little slow and more intellectual, but it's seriously incredible.
And wasn't kiera Knightly good in P&P? I loved the sound track and the cinematography. I also really liked the Mr. Darcy. I always imagined Elizabeth with more passion than she was always portrayed with. But I know what you mean about being on a kick with it, I 've seen it so many times in the last year. My husband loved it just as much.

I am hoping Santa will bring me the Anne Series for Christmas, I still haven't seen the last movie.

More than anything I was joking about the deep dark secret thing (though it actually kind of is), It was just more anecdotal than anything :party2:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
This may be the cheesiest, but I love it:

Pretty Woman