User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default My terrible, deep dark secret.

Okay guys. I have to get this in the open or it will eat me alive.

I like the movie The wedding Planner

And I don't just mean like it, I love it. I mean, i could watch it a thousand times. Bad acting, cheesy plot and all. I indulge. WHY?! OH WHY DO I LIKE SUCH A CLICHE' MOVIE STARRING GOOD OL' JENNY FROM THE BLOCK?

I seriosuly always pray that no one will find out. It is the silliest thing.

On another note, has anyone ever seen Wit? Incredible. These two movies are my favorite movies....
    Also
    -Pride and Prejuidice (The new one---yes! I know...) Basically all of the Jane Austen flicks.
    -Gattica
    -Anne of Green Gables (with megan follows) and sequel
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

On a completely unrelated note, some things are best kept to yourself. Just saying.

MBTI
    ENFP

Bwahahaha!

You should see me with that movie I'm like a fat kid who's supposed to e on a diet caught with chocolate!--- not to be un-'PC'
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    GASP

That's crazy talk, girl!!

. WHY?! OH WHY DO I LIKE SUCH A CLICHE' MOVIE STARRING GOOD OL' JENNY FROM THE BLOCK?
    Well, you are right -- the name at least has something going for it.

I seriously always pray that no one will find out. It is the silliest thing... that I then come right out on a public forum and tell the world.
    Fixed!

-Gattica
    A wonderful movie. (I will see the others sometime.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

And I don't just mean like it, I love it. I mean, i could watch it a thousand times. Bad acting, cheesy plot and all. I indulge. WHY?! OH WHY DO I LIKE SUCH A CLICHE' MOVIE STARRING GOOD OL' JENNY FROM THE BLOCK?

On another note, has anyone ever seen Wit? Incredible. These two movies are my favorite movies....
    Also
    -Pride and Prejuidice (The new one---yes! I know...) Basically all of the Jane Austen flicks.
    -Gattica
    What's wrong with that, and why did you feel the need to keep it secret? A lot of people probably like that movie. I don't get it...

MBTI
    ENFP

Haha. It's just hilarious to me. It was a quirk i found amusing. My husband sighs and makes fun of me.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    GONE

Also
    -Gattica

Actually, I think liking cheesy romantic comedies is very much in line with being an ENFP (I dunno, fellow ENFPers help me out)

My not so secret is that I absolutely loathe romantic comedies. Cannot stand them.

Except 13 Going on 30. I watched that 3 times. I like it bunches. Or something with drag-esque costumes and music like Strictly Ballroom, but that wasn't really a romantic comedy. It was Australian after all.

Actually, I think we're all allowed at least 1 cheesy movie to like so your secret is safe.

And I LOOOOOVE Anne of Green Gables! Love it! I rented it on VHS before the rise of DVDs and watched it with my brother. I've seen the entire series at least 2x and individual episodes a few times. My brother and my dad have such funny taste in movies for guys. They LOVE romantic comedies!!! HAhahah. They want to watch 'My Best Friend's Wedding' and 'Sweet November' and I'm just like dear god no. Dont' get me wrong, being such a flip on expectations I think it's kool.

You might also like Nicholas Nickelby the more recent PBS British version. That miniseries is HAWT. Hahahaha.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    GASP

A wonderful movie. (I will see the others sometime.)
    Wit is absolutely phenomenal. it's got Emma Thompson and is based on the Holy Sonnet X by John Donne:

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so ;
    For those, whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow,
    Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
    From rest and sleep, which but thy picture[s] be,
    Much pleasure, then from thee much more must flow,
    And soonest our best men with thee do go,
    Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
    Thou'rt slave to Fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
    And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
    And poppy, or charms can make us sleep as well,
    And better than thy stroke ; why swell'st thou then ?
    One short sleep past, we wake eternally,
    And Death shall be no more ; Death, thou shalt die.

She plays an NT elite professor specializing on John Donne's works who doesn't understand the meaning of emotion and sympathy. She gets cancer, and... my goodness I've never cried so hard during a movie.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    OMNi

I've never been able to watch the whole thing...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Actually, I think liking cheesy romantic comedies is very much in line with being an ENFP (I dunno, fellow ENFPers help me out)

My not so secret is that I absolutely loathe romantic comedies. Cannot stand them.

Except 13 Going on 30. I watched that 3 times. I like it bunches. Or something with drag-esque costumes and music like Strictly Ballroom, but that wasn't really a romantic comedy. It was Australian after all.

Actually, I think we're all allowed at least 1 cheesy movie to like so your secret is safe.

And I LOOOOOVE Anne of Green Gables! Love it! I rented it on VHS before the rise of DVDs and watched it with my brother. I've seen the entire series at least 2x and individual episodes a few times. My brother and my dad have such funny taste in movies for guys. They LOVE romantic comedies!!! HAhahah. They want to watch 'My Best Friend's Wedding' and 'Sweet November' and I'm just like dear god no. Dont' get me wrong, being such a flip on expectations I think it's kool.

You might also like Nicholas Nickelby the more recent PBS British version. That miniseries is HAWT. Hahahaha.
    See now that's the thing. I don't like romantic comedies in general. But this one disturbs me because I like it so.

I have had Anne of Green Gables from Netflix for like... 4 weeks. I 've watched almost every day. I think i just relate with her too much.
    -Victor Hugo