• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP ONLY: Crying

Click as many opitions as apply to you

• I cry daily to express hurt feelings

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I cry easily and frequently

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I cry sometimes, neither easily nor with difficulty

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • It's somewhat hard for me to cry

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • It's VERY hard for me to cry, even when someone dies

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • I tend to cry to release anger more than sadness

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I cry over works of beauty or sentiment

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • I cry at toliet paper commericals with puppies and children in them

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • I hate polls

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
crying

I can get misty eyed when someone who has struggled experiences sudden triumph (like say, the movie Rudy), but I very rarely cry, even at times when I wish I could.

This is honest to goodness me. I DO cry, but ... I honestly can't remember the last time I cried. More likely to get a bit misty eyed for some sentimental reason, or seeing pain (physical/mental).

I definitely NEVER cry in public.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
I can get misty eyed when someone who has struggled experiences sudden triumph (like say, the movie Rudy), but I very rarely cry, even at times when I wish I could.

Definitely me as well. People overcoming adversity and struggle in inspirational fashion? It's a done deal (misting, not crying). I also tend to mist with images of people being persecuted or oppressed. It takes something pretty heavy to make me cry fully, though.

Butters

MBTI Type
INFP
I've always thought that I cry more than anyone else I know. I feel like I spend an obscene amount of my life crying. It's not always for good reasons either. Mostly it's out of frustration due to lack of understanding of people around me.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I had quite the cry on Wednesday.

It was very intesne.
I was listening to music, something I have mostly avoided for a while because I have feared the emotional repsonse it could trigger in me.
SO I decided on a "safe" band.. something I couldn't really attach any sensitments or emotions to. or nothing recent anyway.
Cold Play. I was doing fine.. Then I put on Fix You.. a song I dont really know that well and I was not too sure what the lyrics were about.
I got to the part where the song starts saying "tears roll down your face, when you lose what you can't replace" and it was like a flood.. I am not sure if it was just the suggestion of the lyrics ot the actual message in them.. But I started bawling.. And I couldn't stop for almost 20 minutes. A lot of stuff went though my head, a lot of stuff I have been avoiding,and I guess I needed to cry about. It was catharsis at it's finest. Have I had a realization?
Yeah.. everything has changed .

G

Ginkgo

My eyes are incapable of crying at this point in my life. Replaced with laser beams or something cool like that. Tear ducts are only there to clean your face if you're wounded and bleeding. Are you some ardent kick boxer or something? Didn't think so - you're an INFP. You ain't bleeding, so there's no reason to cry. Go home. :spam_laser:

:cry:

:devil:

Flutterby

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I usually only cry when I get overwhelmed, and even then, it's usually only in private when things build up and build up. In the initial stages of overwhelm I'll probably just start getting cranky or stonewalling or both.

There have been a couple of times when I cried in public but once was when I was a kid being picked on by a teacher, the other time I was going along fine when my boss brought up an uncomfortable topic and I just started crying, but I managed to stop pretty quickly.

There have most definitely been times in my life when I wanted to cry but couldn't, a lot of times like that. There have also been some times when I wanted to cry but held it in, like when my aunt's cat was put down and I wanted to be strong for her.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
I vaguely remember crying about three years ago. Nowadays I just get very sad.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It varies wildly depending on how various areas of my life (especially personal connections and how I'm regarding myself) are going. I've gone months without crying, of feeling really thick-skinned and genuinely happy and confident. I've had others where I was generally happy but easily moved and still somewhat in touch with darker feelings. (Those are actually some of my favorite times.) And there have been times when I cried nearly every day, and not the good cathartic kind of crying: more like the 'staring down a dark hole' type of crying.

About half the time when I cry it's actually in response to beauty and is a positive, cathartic experience. I almost exclusively cry alone, except for in very stressful or sad interpersonal situations, or when I have a rare volcanic outburst of emotion that seems to come out of nowhere.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i can't cry in public. i have some kind of mental block against it. if i really need to cry i'll go to the bathroom or something. it usually takes something pretty big to make me cry, but i also cry during movies/tv shows easily

lol wow I wrote that 4 years ago. I am proud to announce that I am now able to cry in public! Progress!

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have not cried for a very long time, if I ever tear up around people I try hiding it to the best of my abilities. I cannot cry in front of someone, opening up generally is hard.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's strange. Up until a few years ago I never used to cry. Now almost anything can set me off--inspirational, sorrowful, joyful or mundane, no doubt there will be something about it that triggers something in me that I can only express through tears. But I always make sure that no one notices. Over the past few years I've gotten really good at hiding it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
big things I don't cry than i break pencil and i cry. it's a bit backwardsw

mudcat

MBTI Type
INFP
Very, very rarely do I break out in tears.

In the last five/ten years, the only times I've cried that I can recall are: when my dog died, when my close friend's dog died, and when I broke up with my girlfriend of several years. I don't tend to cry when people die. Like I'm emotional as hell and whatnot, but that kind of emotion is so deep within me I have a really difficult time showing it physically. It's more of a state of shock or paralysis.

I wish people would stop viewing INFP's as these massive balls of emotions. I question the typing of outwardly emotionally volatile people claiming to be INFPs. An INFPs sadness is deep within them. It's difficult to express strong emotions easily as they're so internalized; this is especially true for INFP men. All INFP's are different but as a whole, we're not one of the types most likely to break out into hysterics. That would be the strong Fe-users.

Virgo1987

MBTI Type
Infp
I have not cried for a very long time, if I ever tear up around people I try hiding it to the best of my abilities. I cannot cry in front of someone, opening up generally is hard.

God -- the same. I'll blink rapidly and try to use my sleeve to rub my eyes quickly. I'll stretch. I'll yawn. I'll blame it on allergies.

I just can't let people see me upset.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I cried easily as a child, from something as simple as when someone was stern with me or someone else close to me was crying. I had trouble controlling when I cried, I was really sensitive. And as I got older, Id seclude myself to cry and it was therapeutic in a weird way. Like I just needed to go in the bathroom every week and have a good cry lol. If I was watching a movie with my family and something struck a chord with me emotionally I would hold it back, or leave to cry if there was no controlling it. I cried a lot less when I was 14 or 15 I'd say. After that I still cried sometimes but I kept trying to hold it back a lot, or I began not to care about certain things. Mostly though I learned to keep myself under control emotionally. These days I feel things deeply but it doesnt always come to the surface, it still sticks with me though.