4 3.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: INFP ONLY: Crying

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i can't cry in public. i have some kind of mental block against it. if i really need to cry i'll go to the bathroom or something. it usually takes something pretty big to make me cry, but i also cry during movies/tv shows easily

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

-It's somewhat hard for me to cry.

I can't/don't cry that often. I've only cried twice in the past 7 months.

-I tend to cry to release anger more than sadness.

I cry mostly out of stress or frustration. I wish I could cry more easily when I'm sad, since crying usually makes me feel better.

-I cry over works of beauty or sentiment.

This, too, even though it doesn't happen that often. And yep, I cry more about happy/inspirational things too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I guess I cry as much as other people do, but it is rare I would say (a few times a year). The only occasions I cry is when/if:

-someone close dies
    -I get hurt reeal bad (I would guess)
    -I watch the Green Mile

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I wouldn't say I'm a frequent crier, but when I'm angry I can't help but cry, and I guess I get angry enough at least once a week.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

morose bourgeoisie Array
    MBTI
    INFP

I find it very difficult to cry. People who think that infp's cry (and whine- wtf is that about?) all the time because we're sooo EMO are well, wrong.
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the opinion of many of the rational boys on this board.
    Last edited by Stanton Moore; 03-04-2010 at 11:43 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I actually am not sure what to answer, since I am not sure what you count everything to cry. Everything with tears which is over this "misty eyes"? Then rarely, but it happens, but only when I am alone and from sadness, not anger. If it is some real breakdown where you cannot stop crying for long, then it doesn't really happen since many years.

Those "misty eyes" (when I understand this right; English kills me) happen often enough to me. I will not do so when I know I am in public usually, but in bus I have it somehow very often, since there I have probably too much time to think about sad things. It happens even on sad movie scenes, but only when I identify with the character and I am alone, again. When with other people, I try to repress it.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    -I watch the Green Mile
    I love that movie. Fried green tomatoes also has a similar feeling IMO. I was hysterical, good thing I watched it alone.

I also sometimes cry out of frustration. It`s really annoying during intense arguments.
    Movies, books, music, inspirational or beautiful moments also get to me. My eyes get watery, but there`s only one or two tears usually. Crying from laughter is the best.
    I was only at one funeral and I didn`t feel like crying until they started playing the music, then it was hiccup sobbing all the way.
    I cried over my dog more than over any guy.

I haven`t cried out of personal sadness or hurt for over a year. And I also don`t usually cry in front of others.
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

The last time I really cried was when I found out that my good lifelong friend died, but that was quite a long time ago... maybe 6 years? Not entirely sure.

Senor Membrane Array
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't cry that often, but if I do it is either because relating to someone elses troubles, or because a movie or a song. I don't remember when I cried for myself. There are some movies I have hard time watching with other people because it makes me self-conscious to know I will cry... Requiem for a dream comes to mind...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've cried twice in the past 14 years (give or take a year) if you don't count misty eyes. Both times occurred within a 4 month time span.

I guess I was lucky growing up. One of my parents would scream, yell, and say horrible things to me until I finally broke down. It was sort of a, "You made me feel bad, so I'm going to get my revenge and make you feel worse" type of deal. One day I realized that's what they were doing, and from there resolved not to be played like that any more.

Now, if I feel an argument going in a non-constructive, emotionally-mainpulating direction, I get up and walk away. As I'm getting up, I tell the person that I'm not putting up with attacks meant to hurt, and that I'll be willing to talk about this more when they can talk to me like an adult.

In other words, I no longer let people push me that far.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast