• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP changes her clothing and hair right in front of me.

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
i'm an ENFP and I'm constantly changing. I get reallly indecisive about my looks and change them to match my current mood. I could wake up and go to work in a certain mood one day, but then want to look differently later. the fact that she did it in front of you is not really out of character for an ENFP.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
OMG she took her sweater off!!!!! She so wants you man!!!!!

:doh: Wake up, it's just a sweater :dont:

Hahaha, and this coming from another dude! You guys are so mean to one another.

I know women who do stuff like this and really it's an absentminded kind of thing. Not even necessarily multitasking, but I just find it pretty common. Now, if she changed (i.e. took all her clothes off and changed into something else) in front of you, then that would be another story.

I actually know of one woman A who got tore up because woman B who she was interested in changed in front of her. You might think this was a sign of interest, taking off clothes in front of you? No. Woman A interpreted it to mean that woman B didn't look at her as anything more than a friend. If woman B REALLY was interested, she would have been too shy or been more seductive or just waited to change in front of woman A. So she was crushed.

So another side to think about.

Also, flirting or sending signals isn't just about what you do, but how you do it. ;)

Not really insight into how ENFPs work, but how women in general... :D

Also, since this is in the workplace, I would tread very very carefully before assuming anything. Is asking coworkers out considered sexual harassment? Only if they say no? HAahahah. Or is this another thread?

Forfe

Wow, I kinda ruined this thread by making a vague and arguably unreasonable assumption about the OP's motivation behind the question, didn't I? :wtf:

Yomama99

MBTI Type
ISTP
You're asking because you're kinda hoping she's flirting with you right? She may be, consciously or unconsciously, some girls tend to suddenly become more aware of their apparance around someone they're attracted to.

Or it could be completely random and there's no use in reading too much into it :D

I'm not reading into anything at all, I just thought it was interesting.

Yomama99

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am ENFP and a female. :hi:

I do all sorts of weird stuff around people because I have habit of just doing many things at the same time. I can e.g. make a bun of hair with a pencil during a conversation... :smile:

I have noticed that when doing seemingly non-conversation related stuff during a conversation, INTx's tend to get confused. They also get confused when I show my emotions (e.g. if I got mad at somebody and let it show) or if I start my intentional unrational chatter ....:devil: ISTP's are not that easy to startle though...

The point here is that she might have meant nothing when doing those things.

Added after reading other ENFP's writings:
It's funny how we all ENFP's are writing out same thing: multitasking. :)

Yeah, I wasn't startled. I've met other ENFPs too people - Whenever they start doing spontaneous physical movements, my eyes roll inside in my head. It's like "Huh?" and I just let it pass.

lbloom

MBTI Type
INTP
It might be fun if someone (else :)) started a thread on how the two sexes of the MBTI spectrum behave under such conditions.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Yeah, I wasn't startled. I've met other ENFPs too people - Whenever they start doing spontaneous physical movements, my eyes roll inside in my head. It's like "Huh?" and I just let it pass.

Damn...now I get it. You just made me realize that I have a habit of fidgeting. Especially if I am on set or location or in the field basically not in a 9-5 office environment and I go too long with nothing to do. I kind dance in place or start swinging my arms and legs or walking like a robot...

However, unlike the woman in question in your post -- I generally avoid grooming in public. I dunno, I was always taught it was 'uncouth' to put your make-up on in public and generally I just feel too self-conscious. If I'm afraid I look frumpy or my shirt collar is on funny, I'll check it in private, lest I draw more attention to this flaw.

I once undid my pony tail in a darkened classroom though and someone thought I was asking a question. When I answered honestly, "No, I was just fluffing my hair", some people in class burst into laughter.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes adjustment to moods means adjustment to physical appearance. The chameleon approach comes from an imagination that somehow we will feel better. If this person fancies you, she may have become nervous and needed to adjust. (maybe she felt shy, and adjusted to girlish pigtails??) I feel awkward when I fancy someone at first and I become a bit shy.

Usehername

On a mission
It might be fun if someone (else :)) started a thread on how the two sexes of the MBTI spectrum behave under such conditions.

we should do that. but 32 new threads? yeesh that could get frowned upon.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Personally, I probably wouldn't deliberately, dramatically change my appearance in front of you like that, but it pains me to rule it out completely, because whimsical, random behavior is a core ENFP trait!

I DO fidget quite a bit, so I could easily be playing with my hair, or doodling or what-not as a typical behavior, which I suppose could be interpreted as flirting, but our natural state is often perceived as flirtatious, which is maddening I know!

If you're expecting stable, consistent behavior from an ENFP, you will probably be disappointed!

Look for shyness or embarrassment from an ENFP, that's revealing.......

Did I help at all? ;) :dry:
When I suddenly find myself attracted to a guy, I initially feel quite disarmed, shy and temporarily mute.

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
Alright, I was helping out this ENFP to do some task at my work then all of a sudden she changes her hair style from a pony tail to two pigtails. Another instance she took off her sweater and put around a scarf around her neck while I was talking to her. What's up with that?

Nothing is up with this except that she wanted to change her hairstyle and take off her sweater. Logic dictates that these actions have no other meaning. BTW..if you put your hair in pigtails....I would imagine that you AREN'T trying to impress anyone...unless you are auditioning for a Pippi Longstocking play.

DeannaBelle

MBTI Type
iNfP
Alright, I was helping out this ENFP to do some task at my work then all of a sudden she changes her hair style from a pony tail to two pigtails. Another instance she took off her sweater and put around a scarf around her neck while I was talking to her. What's up with that?

OHMYGOD! Is this ISTPs think about? Ohmygosh! What can I say?

It's called multitasking... Or maybe she listens to you better and concentrates bettter when she's fidgeting. Some people are more kinesthetic and need to engage their bodies (that's why I scribble/draw on all my papers when in class).

Sorry to be rude. Actually, I should be glad that an ISTP is actually taking the time to understand N's. I wish more S's would be so daring and caring!