User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    OMG she took her sweater off!!!!! She so wants you man!!!!!

Wake up, it's just a sweater
    lol

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm an ENFP and I'm constantly changing. I get reallly indecisive about my looks and change them to match my current mood. I could wake up and go to work in a certain mood one day, but then want to look differently later. the fact that she did it in front of you is not really out of character for an ENFP.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    GONE

Hahaha, and this coming from another dude! You guys are so mean to one another.

I know women who do stuff like this and really it's an absentminded kind of thing. Not even necessarily multitasking, but I just find it pretty common. Now, if she changed (i.e. took all her clothes off and changed into something else) in front of you, then that would be another story.

I actually know of one woman A who got tore up because woman B who she was interested in changed in front of her. You might think this was a sign of interest, taking off clothes in front of you? No. Woman A interpreted it to mean that woman B didn't look at her as anything more than a friend. If woman B REALLY was interested, she would have been too shy or been more seductive or just waited to change in front of woman A. So she was crushed.

So another side to think about.

Also, flirting or sending signals isn't just about what you do, but how you do it.

Not really insight into how ENFPs work, but how women in general...

Also, since this is in the workplace, I would tread very very carefully before assuming anything. Is asking coworkers out considered sexual harassment? Only if they say no? HAahahah. Or is this another thread?

Wow, I kinda ruined this thread by making a vague and arguably unreasonable assumption about the OP's motivation behind the question, didn't I?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Forfe View Post
    Wow, I kinda ruined this thread by making a vague and arguably unreasonable assumption about the OP's motivation behind the question, didn't I?
    haha!
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Forfe View Post
    You're asking because you're kinda hoping she's flirting with you right? She may be, consciously or unconsciously, some girls tend to suddenly become more aware of their apparance around someone they're attracted to.

Or it could be completely random and there's no use in reading too much into it
    I'm not reading into anything at all, I just thought it was interesting.

MBTI
    ISTP

I have almost no interest in her.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I am ENFP and a female.

I do all sorts of weird stuff around people because I have habit of just doing many things at the same time. I can e.g. make a bun of hair with a pencil during a conversation...

I have noticed that when doing seemingly non-conversation related stuff during a conversation, INTx's tend to get confused. They also get confused when I show my emotions (e.g. if I got mad at somebody and let it show) or if I start my intentional unrational chatter .... ISTP's are not that easy to startle though...

The point here is that she might have meant nothing when doing those things.

Added after reading other ENFP's writings:
    It's funny how we all ENFP's are writing out same thing: multitasking.
    Yeah, I wasn't startled. I've met other ENFPs too people - Whenever they start doing spontaneous physical movements, my eyes roll inside in my head. It's like "Huh?" and I just let it pass.

MBTI
    INTP

It might be fun if someone (else ) started a thread on how the two sexes of the MBTI spectrum behave under such conditions.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Yomama99 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't startled. I've met other ENFPs too people - Whenever they start doing spontaneous physical movements, my eyes roll inside in my head. It's like "Huh?" and I just let it pass.

Damn...now I get it. You just made me realize that I have a habit of fidgeting. Especially if I am on set or location or in the field basically not in a 9-5 office environment and I go too long with nothing to do. I kind dance in place or start swinging my arms and legs or walking like a robot...

However, unlike the woman in question in your post -- I generally avoid grooming in public. I dunno, I was always taught it was 'uncouth' to put your make-up on in public and generally I just feel too self-conscious. If I'm afraid I look frumpy or my shirt collar is on funny, I'll check it in private, lest I draw more attention to this flaw.

I once undid my pony tail in a darkened classroom though and someone thought I was asking a question. When I answered honestly, "No, I was just fluffing my hair", some people in class burst into laughter.