User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Exactly.

I meant to elevate it to the general case like this. Of course, ISTP > ISTJ on the N.
    Oh, I thought this was the ISTP rule;

If you wantz zee womeen, you needz tos understandz zee womeen.

Actually, wait, that isn't really the ISTP thing.

If you wantz zee womeen, you needz tos takez em for grantedz.

Yah, that's more of the ISTP approach.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

ROFLOL. You guys.

But to the OP:

Um, as far as the changing jumper and hairstyle? Well, ENFPs frequently multitask. I mean, we get bored if we don't, unless something totally fascinates us. So I can guarantee that it almost certainly doesn't mean anything.

As for the ENFP being attracted? Heh. Um. Either she'll be way, way obvious (and do things like come over to talk to you when she could be easily with a group of friends, or something), or, yeah, she'll not know what to say around you.

Oh, we're fickle creatures, aren't we?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Default maddening inconsistent ENFP behavior!

Personally, I probably wouldn't deliberately, dramatically change my appearance in front of you like that, but it pains me to rule it out completely, because whimsical, random behavior is a core ENFP trait!

I DO fidget quite a bit, so I could easily be playing with my hair, or doodling or what-not as a typical behavior, which I suppose could be interpreted as flirting, but our natural state is often perceived as flirtatious, which is maddening I know!

If you're expecting stable, consistent behavior from an ENFP, you will probably be disappointed!

Look for shyness or embarrassment from an ENFP, that's revealing.......

Did I help at all?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Yomama99 View Post
    Alright, I was helping out this ENFP to do some task at my work then all of a sudden she changes her hair style from a pony tail to two pigtails. Another instance she took off her sweater and put around a scarf around her neck while I was talking to her. What's up with that?
    She's doing that because her mind is elsewhere. Or more accurately she is thinking about 12 things at once. If she can actually focus on you for any length of time then that's really something.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Alright, I was helping out this ENFP to do some task at my work then all of a sudden she changes her hair style from a pony tail to two pigtails. Another instance she took off her sweater and put around a scarf around her neck while I was talking to her. What's up with that?
    I am ENFP and a female.

I do all sorts of weird stuff around people because I have habit of just doing many things at the same time. I can e.g. make a bun of hair with a pencil during a conversation...

I have noticed that when doing seemingly non-conversation related stuff during a conversation, INTx's tend to get confused. They also get confused when I show my emotions (e.g. if I got mad at somebody and let it show) or if I start my intentional unrational chatter .... ISTP's are not that easy to startle though...

The point here is that she might have meant nothing when doing those things.

Added after reading other ENFP's writings:
    It's funny how we all ENFP's are writing out same thing: multitasking.

MBTI
    WOLF

Agreeing on the multitasking and shyness. Also I'll become more distant and reserved (unless I get to know someone well) if I am attracted to them. But my behaviour in general can be totally erratic if someone isn't a 'target'.

She might be comfortable in her own skin, hitting on you, or European.

MBTI
    ISTP

Well, there is always a simple way to find out their intentions...

When they start taking off their clothes, just try to help them take off the rest - if they let you, then they are interested!

(Actually, you'd be surprised that this works.)

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ESFJ who totally hated me (and vice versa) did the same. There's one catch tho.

I've seen S's been more content with the change of appearances and impressions than N's .. like, with the idea that image changes, person changes. It was calm time in our war, so perhaps she didn't hate me at the time (that silly girl).

She 99.9% sure wasn't flirting with me, but I (intuitively) sensed that it expressed a message at the same time. When the discussions went more intense and interesting and it got hot in the room, she wanted to take off her sweater and to reveal her top (which was always flattering to her shapes).

And for anyone of you out there, it didn't mean a damn. She just felt more comfortable looking good after having chatted for a while, and that's it.

edit: I only wrote about clothes, but she loved doing her hair too, and having her hair done (sorry I don't know the beauty parlance in english language) when amongst friends.

edit 2: she also loved doing costumes once in a while, and changing multiple theathrical wigs while in that mood.

edit 3: I'm the grand misdiagnosis-maker of this forum, having scored 3 incorrect letters in pt's typing game.

edit n: please slap me in the head really hard. Just do it.

edit n+1: I also misjudge whether someone is interested of me or not.

MBTI
    eNFP

The first question that comes to mind is "Are you sure she is an ENFP?" I generally find it difficult to type casual acquaintances; there are so many factors there that can make for an inaccurate assessment. Usually I need to know someone quite well to feel I have an accurate assesssment (unless they have taken some kind of official test under favorable circumstances and know their results). I can definitely see an ENFP doing the sort of thing you describe, but I think there are other types who may do those kinds of things too.

As for making minor hairstyle changes, taking off a sweater, and putting on a simple accessory like a scarf, well, I wouldn't consider any of that a "major appearance change", nor would I consider taking off one's sweater (at work) to be a prelude to stripping naked. Usually if people take off a sweater in public, they are wearing another shirt underneath. I also don't see where the speculation about what this lady's behaviors mean romantically came from. From the original post, I got the impression that Yomama99 just found the behavior a little quirky and wanted to know why someone would do such things. If that is correct, the responses about multitasking are more apt. It could also just be a function of youth (how old is this coworker?) or simply being the daydreamy sort who doesn't realize that they are coming across as quirky.

autumn