• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] MBTI Game for Conference

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a conference for 20 people and I need a game/get to know you/ice-breaker activity to do during lunch. I wanted to incorporate MBTI. Anyone have a short test I could give the participants and then any fun ideas on what to do with the results? Maybe I could group together the NF's or the SP's or something and then read the characteristics.. Well, the positive ones at least as not to offend anyone! Any ideas would be great. The conference is next week! My P got the best of me with this procrastination. Thanks ahead of time!

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is it on the beach? Volleyball!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Do many people enjoy/feel more relaxed after these kind of "get to know you" games? I always mentally cringe when I know one is about to happen but that's probably because I'm an uber-introvert with a touch of social anxiety.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I'd go with trying to construct something (ie highest tower out of newspaper pages) in small teams of 5 rather than doing some MBTI-ish thing.

People get to know each other when they're fighting over the stickytape or trying to sabotage the other team's tower.

That seems to be a more fun and pleasant ice-breaker than poking at people's personality types... if you really want to do MBTI stuff, leave it for the last day so that people can examine their behaviour in retrospect and see how it fitted, rather than feel 'encased' by their type from the first day.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'd be careful with something like this. An exercise of this sort of draws people's differences into stark contrast, and may have the opposite effect of what you intend. Also, some people view introversion as a character flaw. An ice-breaker/get-to-know-you activity is a good idea, but I'd recommend something else.

Is this only supposed to be for NFs? I just noticed this was posted to the NF forum.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I thought I already answered this...dang, internet browser!

I was going to say I would advise against having an MBT test as part of your conference unless you have the official test administered by a trained professional. Otherwise, it kinda goes against the 'code of ethics' of MBT and you may get results you didn't want.

Have you thought of other icebreaker games? Like '2 truths, 1 lie' or 'Human Bingo' where you have to find people in the room who 'fit' the description (like "plays guitar", "has been to Hawaii") etc. Those are fun and will bring people together and show people thing about one another.

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thanks for the feedback guys! After reading I totally agree it will only separate the team rather than bring unity. I had never thought of it that way but it's so true. Too bad.. I'm so curious about other's types. I'll have to come up with something creative tonight. Thanks for the ideas!