User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    INFJs with their god awful Se already seem drunk, so they don't need the help.

"What the hell, I'm a bottle of wine in and I feel the same!"
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

A couple of INFJs I know can really drink, but I wouldn't say they are alcoholics. They do enjoy a glass of wine or three, or a few beers though.

Ginkgo

Wow, this thread is horse shit. Sorry. No offense to the OP or anything. This is just way too inductive. Have you guys ever noticed how all sorts of people become alcoholics? Is it really necessary to associate functional theory with someone's addiction? You could think up ways for each type to have some sort of dysfuct.

I have an INFJ friend who thinks that INFPs are prone to addiction because her INFP friends are apparently stoners and tweekers. Now that we have two archetypes with entirely oppositional functions being tagged for drug abuse, we could theoretically associate alcoholism to each type.

So who gives a shit?

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI type probably has little to do with addictive potential and more to do with choice of substance.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Wow, this thread is horse shit. Sorry. No offense to the OP or anything. This is just way too inductive. Have you guys ever noticed how all sorts of people become alcoholics? Is it really necessary to associate functional theory with someone's addiction? You could think up ways for each type to have some sort of dysfuct.

I have an INFJ friend who thinks that INFPs are prone to addiction because her INFP friends are apparently stoners and tweekers. Now that we have two archetypes with entirely oppositional functions being tagged for drug abuse, we could theoretically associate alcoholism to each type.

So who gives a shit?
    hey, no offense taken. i didn't phrase it well. basically, velo just wants to find out - what drives other infj's to drink outside of a social-lubricant context? for me, it usually has to do with disharmonious relationships, though i'm growing thicker skin (i've skinned enemies/innocents and used them for insulation!).

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well, it's kinda a given that any type could become an alcoholic. But, I do think it's plausible that different types would have different reasons/motivations for drinking, and consequently drinking serves a different purpose or fills some sort of 'need' depending on personality.

For myself, I did a LOT of drinking my first 2 yrs of college. My reason? It was a form of escapism, I think. I hadn't been a very happy teenager, and I hadn't had many friends at all, and I was tired of being alone and lonely, and tired of not fitting in. In college, it was somewhat conscious -- I kinda decided I was going to try to do everything opposite how I was in high school, because I wasn't happy in high school, and didn't like who I was. Also, I had quite a lot of social anxiety, so I drank a lot - and got drunk numerous times - because 1. I wanted to feel more at ease and wanted to try to fit in, and was also curious about this whole other side of life that I hadn't experienced growing up, and wondering what it was all about, but 2. Deep down I knew I didn't fit in with the drinking crowd, and without liquor I looked around at everyone and was disgusted or whatever, and to drown the disgust I drank, and then I was all happy and stuff and didn't care anymore.

See? Simple as that.

After a couple of years of that, I was able to detach, and realized it wasn't a good road I was on, so I pretty much stopped all together, and since then I've made sure that whenever I have a drink, my motivation isn't to ease discomfort or cover up some other sort of emotional issue.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I cannot tolerate alcohol of any form. Suffice to say I'm not and alcoholic.

I really believe your likelihood of being an alcoholic has less to do with type as your genetic disposition.

If you can hold your drink and you're naturally low on serotonin.... you're more likely to become an alcoholic.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

I enjoy a glass of wine now and again, but I don't enjoy being drunk at all. I never have. I was always the sober friend that took care of the drunk friends.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I was hoping for a post like this..

I love to drink and I like to drink as often as I can. Am I an alcoholic? No, but my family thinks I could easily head down that road. Personally, I think I'm really in control of my "needs" and can handle putting the bottle down..well for about a week until I get cranky.