• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP and the paranormal

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Can you Fi your Ne?

Can you let your Si guide you when your Ne, Fi, and Te functions are in harmony?

Are you extremely sensitive to the energy/heat/electricity that people and things possess? Can you tell if these things are positive or negative?

Do your absorb others' moods without trying to & to the point of a physical reaction?

Do you dream (consciously or unconsciously) about things that happen later or immediately following?

Has your Ne taken over? Share your experiences!

:nerd: :heart: :mellow: :shocking: :biggrin:

Surely this will warrant some hilarious, skeptic commentary. Good thing ENFPs love those who insult them. :wink:

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm not quite an ENFP, but one time I had a dream about this kid with brown hair and a mole on his cheek. I don't remember what he was doing or if he was saying anything, just this kid.
A few years later I met him in high school.

I also get deja vu a lot, but I've read that deja vu is when your brain has like a mini seizure and by the time it catches up with reality you think you've already been/heard/said/watched whatever.
Ok that was a really crappy way of explaining it. Wikipedia it if you want.

With every bf/gf relationship I've had I could always get a feeling of how it was going to end. I'd ignore it or tell myself not to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy, but it would always turn out that way.
With the last... meh, boyfriend, I guess (it was confusing), one time he showed me his hounds' tooth socks, saying they were like his fave socks. I have this hounds' tooth motorcycle jacket, and one day when I was getting ready to see him I was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if I wore my jacket and he wore his socks. Yep, he wore the socks.
Also I could pretty much tell when he was going to call me.

Is that Ni or Ne? :p

fireandwater

MBTI Type
enfp
Can you Fi your Ne?

Are you extremely sensitive to the energy/heat/electricity that people and things possess? Can you tell if these things are positive or negative?

Do your absorb others' moods without trying to & to the point of a physical reaction?

Do you dream (consciously or unconsciously) about things that happen later or immediately following?

:

:yes: Sometimes.

fireandwater

MBTI Type
enfp

I would like to know the answer as well. I've assumed Ni and so, as I commented on another thread I've decided I'm NeNiFi, or something like that.

I've had dreams predicting (accurately) that boyfriends would be wonderful or terrible, dreamed that I would have a baby with my now husband when I had known him for only a couple months. (Our son is now 13). Once I had this terrible feeling about a woman crossing the street and she turned out to be the school counselor who was to be meeting my son beginning that day. She ended up messing him up, all because I couldn't find a rational reason to back up my hunch. I dreamed an acquaintance of mine was dressed in black as if for mourning and discovered she had quite recently had a miscarriage. I didn't live in the same city and hadn't spoken to her; I only found out because I told a mutual friend about the dream. I had a dream while I was researching a paper about religion and law in which all these symbols appeared which were repeated in my research the next day and guided me to an important discovery for my paper (and meaningful to me personally).

The thing about deja vu is interesting, as I get it a lot and I have a seizure disorder.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not quite an ENFP, but one time I had a dream about this kid with brown hair and a mole on his cheek. I don't remember what he was doing or if he was saying anything, just this kid.
A few years later I met him in high school.

I also get deja vu a lot, but I've read that deja vu is when your brain has like a mini seizure and by the time it catches up with reality you think you've already been/heard/said/watched whatever.
Ok that was a really crappy way of explaining it. Wikipedia it if you want.

With every bf/gf relationship I've had I could always get a feeling of how it was going to end. I'd ignore it or tell myself not to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy, but it would always turn out that way.
With the last... meh, boyfriend, I guess (it was confusing), one time he showed me his hounds' tooth socks, saying they were like his fave socks. I have this hounds' tooth motorcycle jacket, and one day when I was getting ready to see him I was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if I wore my jacket and he wore his socks. Yep, he wore the socks.
Also I could pretty much tell when he was going to call me.

Oh man if deja vu is a mini seizure, I've probably had a few too many. Deja vu has been common my whole life, esp. in childhood, when I would rationally tell myself there's no way I could have done that before (I still do this with things today)!! I would describe a mini seizure as what happens when extremely bright light catches my eye, not a feeling that I've been there/done that before.

When it is affecting you or someone very nearby, Ni, when it is for the benefit of others, Ne. I feel like those with dominant Ni more easily relate to this and would express it frequently in concentrated, direct contact and those with dominant Ne in a more expansive, indirect way. I used score as INFP when I was younger and isolated-- and am definitely an ENFP who needs her alone time. This is how I differentiate the functions in myself.

Nice Bart Simpson cat btw.

hehe thanks, it's Coltrane aka Snowball IV

PS -- I have a houndstooth fetish. Since the days of Windows '95 I have been in love..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can you Fi your Ne?

Yeah, if you mean what I think you do, I'm definitely good at it now that I'm 30 and not 19. I'm not just haphazardly going out and experiencing new things for the hell of it, despite how bizarre, impractical or dangerous it might be to me. I actually have an inner sense of right and wrong and self-protection now...I think that's both Fi and Te that have learned to save me from myself.

Can you let your Si guide you when your Ne, Fi, and Te functions are in harmony?

Hmmm...I'm in touch with Si (strong periods of nostalgia sometimes, decent memory), but I'm not sure what you mean.

YES. I've been this way since I was a teenager at least.

YES...and sometimes it's horrible and I wish I could stop. I've worked on self-protection with that...I really think Te is crucial for developing necessary protection against this in some situations.

YES!!!

I'm not sure what this even means....

:nerd: :heart: :mellow: :shocking: :biggrin:

Surely this will warrant some hilarious, skeptic commentary. Good thing ENFPs love those who insult them. :wink:

Oh, I've heard it all before. THEY just don't know....:yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
When it is affecting you or someone very nearby, Ni, when it is for the benefit of others, Ne.

By this definition I must have Ni, then, because that's mainly how it manifests itself. I'm not sure how true that is.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
By this definition I must have Ni, then, because that's mainly how it manifests itself. I'm not sure how true that is.
Maybe you aren't giving yourself credit for the amount of influence you have, or only feel comfortable with it after developing the Ni side more...the reflective of part of ENFP that allows us to include ourselves in the vision we create with everyone in mind besides ourselves. The part that needs to be alone more than other NFs.

:redface:

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Can you Fi your Ne?
yep. and still don't under estimate those who can't because they havn't realized they could yet.

Ni pretty much guides that.

yep. i assume it's an instinct all possess. even though i know by the definition held in the question...many don't. refer to #1 answer.

yep. + i know when they're bluffing in their mood by virtue of knowing their mood and adjust my physical reaction to a bluffing physical reaction to counter their bluff;)

a sensor will always catch this natural phenomenon and bring me to my senses by throughing an object (of sorts) toward my general direction.

my Ne took over before i was born within that other person i was reincarnated from.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Can you Fi your Ne?
yep. and still don't under estimate those who can't because they havn't realized they could yet.

Ni pretty much guides that.

yep. i assume it's an instinct all possess. even though i know by the definition held in the question...many don't. refer to #1 answer.

yep. + i know when they're bluffing in their mood by virtue of knowing their mood and adjust my physical reaction to a bluffing physical reaction to counter their bluff;)

a sensor will always catch this natural phenomenon and bring me to my senses by throughing an object (of sorts) toward my general direction.

my Ne took over before i was born within that other person i was reincarnated from.

:shocking: :yes:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No interest in the paranormal, tyvm.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Elaur, :) definitely not an exclusive or universal topic for ENFP but I had to ask specifically since a lot of the wild shit that happens seems to link back to my functions.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
For me, the paranormal has been a big part of my life. I had an out of body experience as a child; I have always been sensitive to ghostly occurances; and my dreams have either come true or have had extreme meaning for me. It still freaks the crap out of me when something happens...but I'm starting to be less afraid.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
Is that something you can elaborate on? I'm very curious

I was six, and I was going into the hospital for, what was supposed to be, a simple procedure; a tonsil- and adnoidectomy. Well the doctor dropped a stitch down my throat and into my stomach, which caused me to throw up blood and my electrolytes were off. Anyway, I almost died. And I recall looking down on my little body and seeing my doll baby on the ground. It was later confirmed to me by my mother, that my Baby Apricot (A Strawberry Shortcake doll), was left laying on the floor after they wheeled me out of my room. Apparently, I also told my grandmother about some white light....but I'm not sure if that was during the actual procedure or during the second time when I was dying. That part made me wonder if it was waking to the light in the operating room, but I have had one surgery since then, and I don't recall any room lighting that was so overpowering that I felt like I had to mention it. My mom had one when she was a little girl. She fell down her basement steps, but yet at the same time, she saw herself falling. Weird.